A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

In the light of the above I've been having a trial session fitting a Loksound Decoder this afternoon to my luveeerlee little Minera 57xx.

I still need to sort out a few of the CV's but hope it gives a flavour of this model when fitted with sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_H1AQh23vI

Not certain about the ESU chip yet but will have a spare Zimo one re-blown and give that a trial.

G

p.s. excuse the dodgy video quality, Sam Peckingpaaah I'm not !

Nice watertower

• RMweb Gold

A heads up on some newly released toad allocation transfers from Railtec.

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3271

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3269

I like those Rob a nice variety and a more sensible price than buying loads of CCT stuff just to do a couple of vans and the custom one's are brilliant.  :boast:

• RMweb Gold

and the custom one's are brilliant.  :boast:

Yes, for a bit of fun I might do one branded Tigley Junction.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

And why not, I've managed to pull several different one's like Par, Newton Abbot, St Blazey, Weymouth of the HMRS sheets so an order for Whitcombe Barton will be placed

as I can't seem to squeeze this on a van side. :biggrin_mini2:  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

FYI....the initial batch were released to traffic by the summer of 1959 and were spotted by this dotard (ancient old####) at North Road operating Newton Abbot-Plymouth stoppers in multiple pairs complete with joined concertina connection ( D 6300/03) .....11/08/59. D 6302&04 were observed in the same week.The load for the train was 4 Colletts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I saw them pretending that they could be Bankers up Dainton, and Pilots over Rattery and Hemerdon. They were cute but carp and had to be doubled up around Plymuff almost from new as they failed every couple of minutes. Why they bothered sticking the damn things on Express service in front of Steam I cannot understand as they just got in the way.

Poor little bu##ers. However, I rather like(d) them especially  when they were looking really rough. Best ones had spokey wheels.

Larry Laira

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I saw them pretending that they could be Bankers up Dainton, and Pilots over Rattery and Hemerdon. They were cute but carp and had to be doubled up around Plymuff almost from new as they failed every couple of minutes. Why they bothered sticking the damn things on Express service in front of Steam I cannot understand as they just got in the way. post-2326-0-44513400-1520875370.jpg

Bliddy usless little shi#es.

Poor little bu##ers. However, I rather like(d) them especially  when they were looking really rough. Best ones had spokey wheels.

Larry Laira

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The 63xx / class 22s do look sad and by all accounts were blo0dy awful but nether the less they were part of the local scene down West. I do quite like their awfulness.

The scene - Par Station, about lunchtime, maybe later, Summer 1961 or ‘62. A D63xx is sitting in the up main platform. I mean halfway down, right by the seat where I am sitting, eating my cut lunch. It is not making any noise. Much chat among staff, one of whom proves to be the driver. He gets in and there is a cranking noise - followed by an explosion as the engine ‘catches’. I nearly take off with the impact of the noise. Bloomin’ diesels!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Mike, I think that's true for mainliners but I understand that shunters were allocated to old steam depots as well.

Definitely so although I think once the old depots had gone the shunters were similarly based although smaller depots such as Ebbw Jcn had an allocation (the place also had a very attractive allocation of you females in the clerical grades as well as it happens although they were all in the co-located AM's office which wasn't called Ebbw Jcn despite being the other side of one of the walls of the admin block).

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Chris Nevard highlighted this company on Facebook today.............. https://www.modelux-models.co.uk

I've had a look at their website, some interesting models at a very reasonable price. No personal experience of building one so can't comment on that.

Worth a share ?

I got as far as “Due to overwhelming demand, there is currently a 5-7 working day delivery time for orders” which is fair enough, but then “Accept and Continue” was an impediment too far. Either they want me to examine their oeuvre or they don’t. Websites should be inviting, not prescriptive.

• RMweb Gold

I got as far as “Due to overwhelming demand, there is currently a 5-7 working day delivery time for orders” which is fair enough, but then “Accept and Continue” was an impediment too far. Either they want me to examine their oeuvre or they don’t. Websites should be inviting, not prescriptive.

IKEA in 4mm scale ? A little too twee and precious to pursue beyond their first page I think.That phrase "flat pack" gives recurring nightmares.A deal.of glossy shadow...and the substance ?

Hi All,

Never seen that shot of No. 1363 before! Thanks for sharing it Rob. She looks to be in pretty good condition there.

The latest RMWEB Didcot tour has been arranged by the way. I though the ANTB gang might have an interest in coming along...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/132222-rmweb-tour-of-didcot-railway-centre-centre-2018-edition-sunday-29th-july/

I hope that some of you are able to come along this year!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 4