A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

In between blizzards at the Malachite Green and Sunshine Yellow Hospital for Sick Bullieds, this 72xx was sent outside for a brisk constitutional...  :jester:

attachicon.gif7220_rh.jpg

It's looking good and anyone tempted to fit the Brassmaster's etch can see here the result.

post-126-0-02747600-1521470720_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-97642200-1521472466_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-61089200-1521470737.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

It's looking good and anyone tempted to fit the Brassmaster's etch can see here the result.

attachicon.gif72xx rear.jpg

attachicon.gif72xx back.jpg

attachicon.gif7220C.jpg

Super Robin......you did a much better job with the rivets than I! Its a very wothwhile improvement.

Now I just have to get round to redoing the buffer beam number

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Super Robin......you did a much better job with the rivets than I! Its a very wothwhile improvement.

Er No , young Spam Master did them for me on his venerable rivet press.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've never put him on it. :jester:

It was wise of you not too, the young Spam Master has colleagues friends of the Malachite Green & Sunshine Yellow Striped Robe wearing variety and they do make prisoners very scream loudly guests really welcome.  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

It was wise of you not too, the young Spam Master has colleagues friends of the Malachite Green & Sunshine Yellow Striped Robe wearing variety and they do make prisoners very scream loudly guests really welcome.  :jester:  :jester:

Welcome !

post-126-0-41576500-1521487504.jpg

• RMweb Gold

No the nasty tall man who speaks confusing words did it. Fibble.

Last seen clearing the snow from his parish in the South Hams and pondering the new announcement from Minerva.

• RMweb Gold

Its surprising that by now there has been little comment on the blue colour on the blue King!  Looks like they got away with it :paint:

Brian.

Well, I liked it.

• RMweb Premium

How did Prince Charles end up a dad?

The coil failed on his Princess

attachicon.gif2018-03-19-12-52-14-1863249865.jpg

Just before the wedding, Lady Di had an upset stomach. The chemist suggested she try Andrew's, to which she replied "Hang on a minute, I haven't even tried Charles's yet".

I thank you.

• RMweb Gold

Last seen clearing the snow from his parish in the South Hams and pondering the new announcement from Minerva.

I would have said 'what new announcement from Minerva?', if I'd realised properly what you were on about yesterday.

As it is, I've seen a new announcement thread on the main forum page, so I'm popping off there now to have a look.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, I've had a look and I'm very happy to read about the new Manning Wardle.

Can't resist a cute little industrial for one of my outrageously improbable light railways or industrial concerns.

I do hope it is better than a certain Austerity 0.6.0 from a Dave person. My yellow peril has died after only about 30 minutes running. Pah!

• RMweb Gold

I've just heard the sad news of the passing of Ben Brooksbank. I've always liked his photos and particularly this Castle shot.

post-126-0-94088200-1521557659_thumb.jpg

Limpley Stoker will be pleased to see the coupling stowage.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I do hope it is better than a certain Austerity 0.6.0 from a Dave person. My yellow peril has died after only about 30 minutes running. Pah!

Commiserations, old chap.

I'd be interested to see what the innards are like, and how easy it is to put a substitute motor in one of these, as I bought an unpowered one from Chris at Kernow Model Rail Centre at last year's Taunton RMWeb event. It's a rather fetching WD blue, but it needs a motor.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've just heard the sad news of the passing of Ben Brooksbank. I've always liked his photos and particularly this Castle shot.

attachicon.gifBrent_railway_station_geograph-2431014-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

Limpley Stoker will be pleased to see the coupling stowage.

Indeed! I was wondering whether there was some logic to which side the coupling should be stowed- it does appear to be quite random on some classes, but the majority seem to dress to the left. I presume there was a stowage hook attached to each buffer. A lovely picture to remember Ben Brookbank by.