Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Excellent work as usual, Andy.  I really like the sweep of the curves (as the Bishop said to the actress  :jester:  :jester: ) incorporating the curved points cross-over.  It will be great to see trains running over this section, whether branching or running main line.  Just beautiful.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Andy,

Looking great mate, I hope you go ok with the life out section they can be tricky especially if your wookworking skill are like mine.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Andrew

Just catching up with this one, it looks great so far. As others have said the sweeping curves really ad to the overall scene. Just the sort of thing I'd like to do if I had the space!

Following with much interest.

Les

Nothing wrong with the Hornby signal box. Pretty standard early 20th century style. They did try gable ended roofs for a while, but went back to hipped.

• RMweb Gold

Will the branch station be on a fixed board, or could you make it removable and thus exhibitable ?  That way you could also replace the station with another, should you feel like it (in a less dramatic way than Coachman does, that is !!)

• Like 3

Will the branch station be on a fixed board, or could you make it removable and thus exhibitable ? That way you could also replace the station with another, should you feel like it (in a less dramatic way than Coachman does, that is !!)

That's a nice idea, which also would mean you could build different branch stations to keep things 'fresh' and 'ring' the changes
  • Like 3

Thanks Marcus, Brian, George, Peter, Les, 28XX, Stubby and Steve. I will have a think about making the BLT removable, BUT there will be a Single Through Track for the Wenford Bridge Clay Traffic so that could complicate things a little.

More to come soon.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Yesterday I made up the Tray for the Prodigy to sit in, this means it can slide out of the Way and not DAMAGE ME as I walk into it.

post-9335-0-47357000-1437163308_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02099900-1437163326_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53149200-1437163339_thumb.jpg

I then made a start on the Control Panel, Now the actual panel will sit on a shelf, the rear of the Shelf will have some Female Terminal Block fixed to it, the base of the Panel will have the Male side of the blocks so that I can remove the whole panel to do the wiring on the work bench when required.

post-9335-0-93431300-1437163539_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14023800-1437163551_thumb.jpg

Next I had a little running session on the Two boards that have been wired and the Point Motors fitted, (but NOT connected as yet)

post-9335-0-52898600-1437163644_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks Guys for all your comments and input.

Not much done on Pencarne today so far, but just a little weathering job for Mark this morning and then Bob, (86250 / Oversetts Models) came around for a coffee this afternoon.

I hope to fit a couple more points later and wire up the Main Station board, then its just a case of a 8 more droppers (not today) on the Viaduct section and the other end board and I should have a couple of complete circuits running.

I have also UN WEATHERED a ViTrains 37 that I have, and then re weathered it, I also now do the roofs with Oil deposits around the Exhaust as can be seen on my 37 and Mark's 56.

This is how the 37 did look.

post-9335-0-65685000-1437238122_thumb.jpg

And now.

post-9335-0-79176300-1437238174_thumb.jpg

And the Roof.

post-9335-0-92500900-1437238198_thumb.jpg

Marks 56.

post-9335-0-94593800-1437238258_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58649900-1437238272_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Just been looking and I've got a spare SWD 37 Sound Chip which I may put in Tre Pol and Pen, and I may put one into one of the two Blue 37's as well. I enjoyed the long freights running through Bitton but now I have the facing crossover at the Bodmin end its a more useable Yard. I can also bring a freight into the loop as a Passenger passes through with a 50 at the head.

Just heard from Hornby and my 50 50035 Ark Royal will be back from them tomorrow, they've had it since March for a new Circuit Board. The OLD OLD Ark Royal was the last Ship my Grandfather worked on in Devonport before he retired in about 1958.

Liking the look of this, Andy.

Just off topic in respect of your grandfather, my granddad worked on HMS Ark Royal as a riveter's mate in Cammell Laird, Birkenhead where she was built (my dad skipped school in Everton, to watch the launch).

This is a great image, you'll note she was under-coated in white for her launch ( this obviously magnifes her size considerably):

http://www.ntprints.com/image/346044/the-birth-of-the-ark-royal

• Like 7

Morning Guys, I liked the pic of the Old Ark Royal and Peter mentioned the little boy walking down the street so I had to go back to see him, how I missed him first time round I don't know but the Ship looks so impressive in white at night.

Not as much done as I hoped last night, I didn't go out till the evening and just managed to put in the droppers on the Main Station board, fit two more points and two of the three motors. I also put the 16V feed in for the fiddle yard points. This means the door way section will have the two track feeds and the two 16V AC feeds going across so a four way plug at each end.

post-9335-0-14455700-1437293015_thumb.jpg

I also ordered the Nameplates and Numbers for West Country Wadebridge  / 34007, last night as Wilton arrived yesterday and will be re done. So now I have Plymouth, Westwood Ho, Wilton / Wadebridge, a Southern N Class and a Std 5MT in Black, for the Southern Service from Wadebridge to Pencarne and also on Plymouth Services Via the old GWR Route through Bodmin and  Liskard.

As the Western Region finished Steam early on the Main Line it will be mainly Hymek, Warship, Western 25's 47's, and 37's on both Goods and Passenger Services through Pencarne between Newquay / Bodmin / Pymouth etc. There will still be a limited Western Region Steam Service between Bodmin and Trewenn in the Hands of Panniers and Prairies plus 121 Railcars. 

The Beattie Well Tank is on order in Late Crest, but I might phone up Kernow tomorrow and take the British Railways Liveried one that they have in stock as it will be about £40 cheaper and I can always re Crest it at a later date if I so wish.

I'm out this morning but later I hope to finish the first basic wiring on the Station Board and door section, and then I can do the far end section later today, so may even have a Train running this week, I will then worry about the Goods Yard later. Trewenn will not be started until I'm sure that I don't need to expand the Storage yard from 6 roads to 8.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

And I can't even decide how best to fix my track down - long story! How the heck are we to keep up with you (and I spent much of yesterday working on my layout!).

Glad you seem to be a lot happier with the revised ideas mate.

Edited by Ray H

Very realistic scene on your new layout above Andy. Like the subtle weathering on your WC. Track looks very realistic too, but the backscene looks rather contrived and not sure about that dead tree behind the loco.

And what's an A4 doing on the layout?

Edited by Peter Kazmierczak
  • Like 1