Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

15 minutes ago, lyneux said:

21st June was 2 days ago... or is that 2022? :D

Corrected post to clarify. The court was due to make a decision on 21 June, but this has been delayed by 2 weeks, at the request of the owners/insurers for a revised offer to be considered.

4 hours ago, richscylla said:

Hatton's have just emailed saying Q4 2021. 

Ploy to build up their preoders, that they can honour of course for a change

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

I am still thinking that a GBRf one breaks over as a limited edition for someone at the release date. 

Sorry if I missed this, but didn't Dapol have a special order page for the GBRf Class 59 on their website? Or was I dreaming the whole thing?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Sorry if I missed this, but didn't Dapol have a special order page for the GBRf Class 59 on their website? Or was I dreaming the whole thing?

I thought that sparked a memory too but looking on the Dapol site I can’t find it unless it’s dcc supplies site?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Markwj said:

I thought that sparked a memory too but looking on the Dapol site I can’t find it unless it’s dcc supplies site?

Was meant to be model rail, many years ago. Lets get the initial model to market first, fed up waiting now - The real ones took less time to be ordered, designed and built.....

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Markwj said:

this is the page you're after, from this page https://www.Dapol.co.uk/shop/preorder/OO-Gauge-Preorder/Class_59_Preorder :

GBRF Class 59 59003 Yeoman Highlander has successfully been recorded by Dapol’s Sound Engineer at Eastleigh on the 17th January 2019 ... We would like to take this opportunity to confirm that Dapol will model 59003 Yeoman Highlander the near future.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

003 sounds different to the rest.

when I saw 102 a few months back it sounded quite knackered, whether thats a temporary thing I dont know.

Edited by adb968008

13 hours ago, adb968008 said:

when I saw 102 a few months back it sounded quite knackered, whether thats a temporary thing I dont know.

002 and 101 sound a bit rattly at low power, I believe it's something inside the silencer. Presumably loose but not a performance or safety concern.

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, adb968008 said:

003 sounds different to the rest.

003 does make some interesting noises. Last time I seen it in Eastleigh yard shunting away it was popping good. 
I think it’s fair to say they’ve earned their keep all these years. Time for some much deserved TLC. 

2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Looks good to have wagons to run with these now the Ever Given has been the green light,hope it spurs on the locomotive.

As long as potentially sitting in a hot container hasn't caused any problems

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Without sounding a bit pessimistic, are ever going to see this thing? If 2022 is the release date that’s 7 years! Even Bachmann can get models out quicker than that 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It certainly seems to be a large sum of money tied up in moulds for a long time with no return financially yet. 
I would imagine Dapol are as determined as anyone to get these to market. 

Edited by NIRCLASS80

11 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Did anyone mention axleboxes?

Al.

Wasn't this part of the delay to releasing the 59 after the problems encountered on the Hattons 66?

By all accounts, both models are produced at the same factory.