The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

• RMweb Gold
On 13/03/2020 at 00:55, kevinlms said:

Perhaps Tony Abbott is the person to ask?

Doubt it, Zali put paid to the tiny smugglers!!!!

Mike

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Classsix T said:

I'm not falling for that one again. It's a decoy full of sandpaper, the bog rolls are on the school bus.

C6T. 

I was reading of a small town in Victoria, where there is one main road into town. The turn off the highway is about 10 minutes drive from the supermarket. Apparently the locals have posted a lookout, so that the locals can be informed when the supermarket truck is on it's way.

That way, they don't have to rush off first thing or whatever, in the hope that stock has actually been delivered. So one up on the bus tourists/plunderers!

The wonders of mobiles and social media.

• Like 5

I was in Woolies Monday evening, most stuff was depleted but the wierd thing was the staff trundling out  pallet  after pallet of Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies etc from out the back. Soon that will be all they have left on the shelves!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

13 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

the staff trundling out  pallet after pallet of Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies etc

You mean they haven't already been on the shelves for weeks/months?

I hope there were some chocolate Easter bilbys as well.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Yes, along with hot cross buns that appeared just after christmas. Didn't see any bilbies, I assume someone somewhere on facebook put up a post about them being in short supply so  the hoarders panicked and bought up the rest. 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Yes, been on the shelf for months, but people aren't buying for now.

A lady was wheeling out yet more Easter Eggs from the back of the supermarket yesterday.

The aisles that normally have toilet paper, have the tops stacked with Easter Eggs. Obviously running out of storage space elsewhere!

One day, the punters will wake up to the fact it's almost Easter and they'll be gone in 24 hours!

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I was in Woolies Monday evening, most stuff was depleted but the wierd thing was the staff trundling out  pallet  after pallet of Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies etc from out the back. Soon that will be all they have left on the shelves!

I bet Bluebell the Cow (made from Nestle's Milky Bar) wasn't among them. She disappeared without trace a couple of years ago. Cadbury's Dream just doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 18/03/2020 at 10:56, Classsix T said:

I'm not falling for that one again. It's a decoy full of sandpaper, the bog rolls are on the school bus.

C6T. 

You are the Lord Humungus and I claim my gallon of petrol. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

The UK Government have said that all Pubs, Clubs, etc should close. One upside - I could get some bog roll (one pack of 24) in Tesco this morning as the shelf-clearers have now transferred their attentions to the alcohol aisle instead of the pasta and toilet roll sections... :)

Edited by talisman56
  • Like 2