Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

If one wanted to start playing with the buffers and putting in alternatives, are the current ones just push fit / pull out ?

The shank will have been glued to the solebar but they could be removed with a bit of persuasion and replaced with a different buffer if you are doing a renumbering job! 

Arrived yesterday, but didn't get a chance to have a good look at them until today. WOW. Impressive detail and very free running, unlike Hornby's 21 ton version. I have fitted #18 Kadees to mine, which give very close coupling, but the sprung buffers still allow them to go around 24" radius points in the fiddle yard, though if you have reverse curves of this radius, it would be better to use #19s.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Heading to the DEMU show in Burton this weekend? Sadly we cannot be there this year, but Simon Bendall of Rail Express magazine has very kindly displayed a set of our wagons on the modeling table if you want a closer look!

post-7114-0-87520700-1527935634_thumb.png

• RMweb Gold

We were very disappointed to find a very slight factory flaw with the pack of HUOs we produced for Locomotion / Rails Limited. We checked each pack which came from the factory under a rigorous QC process and felt uncomfortable sending these to customers. The issue was minute, but our ethos is to provide the very best models possible, which tallies with Locomotion and Rails Limited. Our factory is now reproducing these models from scratch and they will arrive in early July. We were very disappointed with this issue but it is being made right and with the exclusive packaging, decoration and certificate they will be well worth the wait.

We can reassure our customers that this issue has ONLY affected this special edition pack, and not the packs we currently have in stock and have sent to customers. It’s been disappointing that this occurred, but sadly sometimes these things happen. The most important thing now is ensuring that the special edition pack is perfect and customers are fully satisfied. When the corrected ones arrive from China next month we know that you will be.

A sincere thank you to customers, Locomotion and Rails Limited for their understanding in this matter.

For more information and an official statement from us, please see the Rails Facebook page.

• RMweb Gold

My first three arrived on Thursday and mighty fine they are as well!

There will be more as soon as I can punt more surplus equipment.

Pure dead brilliant, gents!

Thanks man for the kind words and order! They seem to be going down well which is very heartening for us! So much so we might make an announcement on something new during the week now we know what you guys like what we do...

• Like 4

Here's my first one weathered, spotted this afternoon in Llaniog Ty Goch Coal yard.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif1a.jpg

The pair of parallel lines on the upper hopper body was caused by the use of mechanised wagon moving equipment at the loading point where the wagons were clamped between three pairs of pillars each with a pair of tyred wheels driven by electric motors! There was a set on the Large Road at Butterwell that were installed new with the plant in the early 1970's.

Mark Saunders

We were very disappointed to find a very slight factory flaw with the pack of HUOs we produced for Locomotion / Rails Limited. We checked each pack which came from the factory under a rigorous QC process and felt uncomfortable sending these to customers. The issue was minute, but our ethos is to provide the very best models possible, which tallies with Locomotion and Rails Limited. Our factory is now reproducing these models from scratch and they will arrive in early July. We were very disappointed with this issue but it is being made right and with the exclusive packaging, decoration and certificate they will be well worth the wait.

We can reassure our customers that this issue has ONLY affected this special edition pack, and not the packs we currently have in stock and have sent to customers. It’s been disappointing that this occurred, but sadly sometimes these things happen. The most important thing now is ensuring that the special edition pack is perfect and customers are fully satisfied. When the corrected ones arrive from China next month we know that you will be.

A sincere thank you to customers, Locomotion and Rails Limited for their understanding in this matter.

For more information and an official statement from us, please see the Rails Facebook page.

.... and the obvious question now is - can you / will you sell the faulty ones at a reduced price to those of us who don't mind making our own corrections?

Perhaps the factory can recoup some of its losses in this way?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

.... and the obvious question now is - can you / will you sell the faulty ones at a reduced price to those of us who don't mind making our own corrections?

Perhaps the factory can recoup some of its losses in this way?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi John,

As this was a commission for a 3rd party (Rails Limited / Locomotion) we cannot sell them. They have since been destroyed. Just the way it goes. 

Cheers,

Fran

Hi John,

As this was a commission for a 3rd party (Rails Limited / Locomotion) we cannot sell them. They have since been destroyed. Just the way it goes. 

Cheers,

Fran

Such a waste .............

Regards,

John Isherwood.

A waste? Perhaps. But how do the factories learn what 'quality control' means without being called out when they fall short? The 'Parkside by Peco' packaging pronounces that 'This is not a toy' in four languages. Quite right. The top dollar we are now being asked pay for quality railway modelling products is justified, but only if the quality control matches the intent. I am not a rivet counter, but I expect my models 'to look the part'. If Accurascale can help shift the mindset around quality control then that is another reason to support what they are doing. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A waste? Perhaps. But how do the factories learn what 'quality control' means without being called out when they fall short? The 'Parkside by Peco' packaging pronounces that 'This is not a toy' in four languages. Quite right. The top dollar we are now being asked pay for quality railway modelling products is justified, but only if the quality control matches the intent. I am not a rivet counter, but I expect my models 'to look the part'. If Accurascale can help shift the mindset around quality control then that is another reason to support what they are doing. 

Cheers, as I said in the statement only the best quality will do according to our ethos and this matches with Rails and Locomotion. In fairness to the factory it's the first thing they have got wrong on us and they accepted full responsibility. We're lucky we enjoy a good relationship and swift action to sort things out has been taken, with them assuring us that better checks will take place on future models so something like this will be avoided in the future. 

• Like 5