Hornby announcement 8th May

Paul.Uni

8TH May..... Traditionaly Flora Day here in Helston, Cornwall. Originaly called The Furry Dance so prehaps its just another Virgin HST power car ( forget which number it was that carried the name. ) !!

Oh hang on, what date did the S&D close...... ?!

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget "ears to the ground".

But I can't see it being Underground stock.

Something with condensers? Met Tank and carriages maybe.

Jason

It actually said..”news. An exciting Hornby announcement is coming soon so be sure to keep your eyes peeled and your ear to the ground.”..

DLR certainly goes under, on and over ground, but eyes peeled... afaik it’s the only system where eyes can sit at the front “drivers” seat view... everyone kid certainly has eyes peeled in that spot.

DLR would be breaking newish ground, at least in the UK, there’s plenty of trams out there in HO, and Bachmann did the HK tram in various UK guises.

It somehow doesn’t fit the plan, it might be a seller for tourists, but I thought Hornby pulled out of the special commission game, so this would make it a weird niche beyond London (which has no real model shop presence).

I think the CAD might have been an abstract clue, there was too much giveaway information, knowing it would be found. Maybe i’m Just thinking one level deeper than cunning clue makers.. in which case it’s a weird niche DLR tram after all..but as the Oxford part of Hornby just announced a rail mounted gun... this fits the same pattern management philosophy so it wouldn’t be beyond reason... next up who knows a Monorail, guided bus, motorised horse for shunting wagons ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

At a guess Im going with the AT300, Class 802/2 for Transpennine Units.

I have just loaded the pdf file fully, which is clearly DLR. If thats it then I dont see the logic. Who really wants to model that, unless its a commission thats paid for as a project. Personally would have thought getting the most out of tooling like the IEP would be a better idea, hence the 802/2 suggestion... 

Please let it be the new Class 397 for TPE

attachicon.gifClass 397.jpg

Given the real thing shares the body and many other components with the mark 5 coach (except the driving trailer/end unit), so it would be a smart move. The only 

My money is still on the 185 (and if its around or under the £250 mark, my real money will be on the 185).

Edit - just had a proper look at the drawing. maybe it is the DLR unit, oh well.

Edited by cal.n

Perhaps it's the announcement that the container load of the first Class 87s has landed at Felixtowe, and to celebrate they are announcing that they have been secretly working on models of all the remaining AC electrics and a Class 310 emu, all of which are in production and due in the shops by December this year.

My God would that cause this site to collapse into collective suicidal depression.

• RMweb Gold

Looking at my workbench it will be either LMS 57' Vestibule stock, I'm currently about to start a rake of brass etch conversions that have been in the 'To Do' box for a while, or it will be the LMS Push-pull of which I am just about to complete Period 2 and Period 3 versions.

Freight-wise I think the only thing in the stash which the RTR boys haven't done at the moment is the Catfish and a decent Dancehall Brake.

Now if they produced some good GWR non-corridor stock and a decent Collett Auto Coach in early BR livery it may work out a bit expensive for me.