Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

And 1Vxx for Edinburgh - Plymouth north of York…. Especially as there may not be a replacement loco available at York …. Or Sheffield …. Or Derby ….. or Birmingham ;)

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Factory - "How many headcode combinations do you want for your new Deltic locomotives?"

Accurascale - "Yes."

As you can see, we have gone for many, many combinations. Below is sheet one of two sheets(!) that will be included in each box of alpha-numeric headcode and domino fitted Deltics. The sheet shown is the 1960s series, with the second sheet (not shown) featuring the 1970s combinations, including dominos.

1714090404_ImagefromiOS(57).jpg.7c6b1059cabde461f315664f9bb0fb9a.jpg

This is a pre-production sheet and minor alterations will be made where necessary for the final finished models.

Each headcode fitted Deltic will come with a default set pre-installed, with these sheets giving you the opportunity to personalise on the routes you wish to model them on.

252181862_ImagefromiOS(56).jpg.0c926f558abdd0f4c72dca42f0d624b5.jpg

Pre-ordered yet? Production is progressing swiftly, with delivery in Q1 2022 getting ever closer! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic 

Cheers!

Fran 

This looks amazing.

1. Any chance of a set/row of domino blinds for a non-headcode option?

2. while the offset/lazily rolled numbers are great, it would be nice if a couple for each code could be 'perfectly' rolled, leaving the other four copies askew.

If this isn't too much faffing around with the artwork....

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

I've just read and agreed with fundamental shape issues with another manufacture's locomotive. Jumping to this thread and the comments are about printed head codes. You're obviously doing something right Accurascale if thats the main topic of conversation.

PJ10 

Edited by PJ10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

This looks amazing.

1. Any chance of a set/row of domino blinds for a non-headcode option?

Already answered....

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

with the second sheet (not shown) featuring the 1970s combinations, including dominos.

Roy

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Can we have 8O08 please? :)

Not sure why people are laughing - it was the 8 times daily Express Milk. A very important train hence the Deltic haulage. If it didn't run, you could hear the end customers screaming from miles away.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Can we have 8O08 please? :)

Funnily enough I almost bought my Son “BO08 DOC” who was just qualified as a Doctor, but I didn’t think his wife would approve, and he doesn’t do plastics. :lol:

Although now over ten years later I notice it’s no longer registered……I wonder if it got pulled at some time upon transfer as being seen as sexist/insulting or just plain rude, no sense of humour DVLC.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, JhornG201 said:

Some 1SXX head codes would be nice too. Some more variety that can be cut and stitched together would be good 

I imagine that'll be on the 70s sheet. 1Sxx was only used for York/Leeds/Newcastle to Edinburgh for most of the 1960s. The KX -EW trains were 1Axx, only changing to 1Sxx from 5 May 1969.

As ever Napier Chronicles for all things Deltic.

http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/wtt69-70.htm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

For those who might fancy some mileage and blow the Xmas and New Year cobwebs out of their exhausts….

Deltic running at Great Central Railway 2.1.22

The event is titled such that it should be in 2032!!!

Looks good though. Its a shame that equipment availability and the pandemic precludes something more spectacular being done on the mainline for that date...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

The event is titled such that it should be in 2032!!!

Looks good though. Its a shame that equipment availability and the pandemic precludes something more spectacular being done on the mainline for that date...

Hadn’t noticed that!!! Someone’s math is out….. 

On 03/12/2021 at 17:16, McC said:

lol. Luckily this factory exclusively make model railways :) 

Is that Bachmann's or Hornby's factory, or do you have your own?