Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone fitted a Dapol Ingenium3 chip into one of the AS deltics?  I am trying to work out why despite being an 8fct chip I am only getting 4 functions working.   (I had similar in the 56 it was originally fitted in), the Lais 6fct that was in the loco before had no issues with its 6 functions working.

4 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Has anyone fitted a Dapol Ingenium3 chip into one of the AS deltics?  I am trying to work out why despite being an 8fct chip I am only getting 4 functions working.   (I had similar in the 56 it was originally fitted in), the Lais 6fct that was in the loco before had no issues with its 6 functions working.

Because of the issues around “logic vs full power” outputs on 21 pin decoders, I gave up getting anything other than ESU decoders to work correctly

The wiring in AS models is designed around ESU, so it’s easier to follow suit

My preference is always Zimo, but now I have a mix of Zimo & ESU…….

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 12:21, atom3624 said:

Just seen the latest update on this 2nd run project for the Deltic 55 - Q3 anticipated now.

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop - news always available on the A/Scale site updates section.

Al.

im sure it was Q1 but then moved to Q2??

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

im sure it was Q1 but then moved to Q2??

At the moment they are scheduled to be finished at the Factory in June. It had been a few weeks earlier so with transit as it is these days we are in early to mid Q3 for delivery to customers at the moment. Hope that helps!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

19 minutes ago, McC said:

At the moment they are scheduled to be finished at the Factory in June. It had been a few weeks earlier so with transit as it is these days we are in early to mid Q3 for delivery to customers at the moment. Hope that helps!

thank you, it does help :)

• Like 2

Have to say there's a small amount of relief with this delay. Since the deltic is absolutely a rule one purchase as well, and considering the quite daunting list or preorders I seem to have amassed, not having to settle this until after the summer is a bit of a result. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Just paid for Lord Porterbrook non DCC . Looking fwd to it.  I did not think I was buying anymore UK locos until next year. Yet here I am. Paid for a Class 50 and 55 from ACS today. 

Edited by wairoa
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 13/02/2024 at 18:57, G-BOAF said:

I've just belatedly pre-ordered D9000 and paid a deposit. The pre-order was accepted, but it is now telling me the full payment is 7 days overdue. I thought full payment was requested when the models were almost ready for dispatch. Do I loose my pre-order if I don't pay in full now?

That's OK, mine said it was 33 days overdue, (immediately paid) and that was two weeks ago, now waiting for it to arrive.

Edited by Smudge617
spelling

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Don't forget to kiss the side of your Deltic 😍

Sounds like a euphemism! I remember that news report! 

3 hours ago, 97406 said:

Sounds like a euphemism! I remember that news report! 

I remember being there - up behind the stops and the boos the HST driver in the adjacent platform got for trying to replicate the Deltic horns ...... were we really that loony ???

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, tinsley-toton said:

I'm sure it was Rob Fraser, recently finished with DB 

T-T 

That's brilliant. I hope it is!

• Like 3