Jump to content
micklner

KRModels announce a GT3 Model

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Latest update from KRM shows the chosen colours. The brown looks fine to me, but the green seems a little 'blue', in comparison to the sample suggested by John. Perhaps it's just my eyes/monitor.

image.png.989a0ff975227bc008fdda6c01af0f8b.png

 

image.png

Edited by truffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, truffy said:

Latest update from KRM shows the chosen colours. The brown looks fine to me, but the green seems a little 'blue', in comparison to the sample suggested by John. Perhaps it's just my eyes/monitor.

image.png.989a0ff975227bc008fdda6c01af0f8b.png

 

image.png

 

I'm not giving Mr Isherwood any credit for any proposed suggestions :D:P  We'll never hear the last of it lol

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The green looks sufficiently green to me with my eyes and monitor.........

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say, that looks very good to me, the green looks a very nice Brunswick green.

By the way, I have asked my father in law if he remembered anything of the colour of the original - he's 83 and helped build it!

Unfortunately, he worked in a different part of the works and only ever saw it in 'red oxide' undercoat as it received its final coats of paint just before leaving the works. At least, that tells you the colour of the originals undercoat.

Cheers,

John.

 

PS FiL also claimed this loco was good for over 120Mph but I gently told him that I thought his leg might have been being pulled way back when. Anyone else know of such stories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KR Models said:

 

I'm not giving Mr Isherwood any credit for any proposed suggestions :D:P  We'll never hear the last of it lol

 

That's not really called for - I have only tried to help an initiative of which I have no need to take advantage.

 

I took a great deal of care and enjoyment in researching GT3 for my model, and I am more than willing to share that information.

 

My initial skepticism was purely due to the then-recent DJM debacle, and the rather vague information that you put out at the inception of your project.

 

John Isherwood.

 

PS. Both colours appear a tad dark to me - but I am putting that down to my screen; the actual colours used on GT3 appeared differently according to lighting.

  • Friendly/supportive 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

 

That's not really called for - I have only tried to help an initiative of which I have no need to take advantage.

 

I took a great deal of care and enjoyment in researching GT3 for my model, and I am more than willing to share that information.

 

My initial skepticism was purely due to the then-recent DJM debacle, and the rather vague information that you put out at the inception of your project.

 

John Isherwood.

 

PS. Both colours appear a tad dark to me - but I am putting that down to my screen; the actual colours used on GT3 appeared differently according to lighting.

I would say it’s pretty obvious by the emojis in his post that he was joking around. 

  • Agree 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

 

That's not really called for - I have only tried to help an initiative of which I have no need to take advantage.

 

I took a great deal of care and enjoyment in researching GT3 for my model, and I am more than willing to share that information.

 

My initial skepticism was purely due to the then-recent DJM debacle, and the rather vague information that you put out at the inception of your project.

 

John Isherwood.

 

PS. Both colours appear a tad dark to me - but I am putting that down to my screen; the actual colours used on GT3 appeared differently according to lighting.

Yeah, my father meant his comment entirely in jest, it wasn't meant to be a personal attack at all. I sincerely hope you didn't take it as such, and if you have we apologise. - Michael

  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

I would say it’s pretty obvious by the emojis in his post that he was joking around. 

 

The emojis do not conceal the sentiment expressed - far too often, posters write things that they know may offend, but then try to defuse them by putting an emoji at the end.

 

Better to keep one's feelings to oneself.

 

John Isherwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AY Mod said:

 

 

 

My latest posting crossed with Michael's - the apology is accepted.

 

I would submit, though, that your repost of my comment re feelings might more appropriately have been directed towards the original comment concerning me.

 

John Isherwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The colours were directly taken from an original photo taken as it rolled out of the foundry.  It's not commercially available.  Most of the material has been colourized, which gives a distorted colour scheme.  

  • Informative/Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is becoming a substitute for Wimbledon. :)   

 

 

 

For the avoidance if doubt, this is a joke.  ;)

  • Funny 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 08/04/2020 at 21:34, Colin_McLeod said:

This thread is becoming a substitute for Wimbledon. :)   

 

 

 

For the avoidance if doubt, this is a joke.  ;)

I though going via Hounslow loop was a substitute for Wimbledon ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As no-one has posted about the Facebook live Q&A earlier tonight here's a breif update. 

 

The GT3 decorated sample is due next week according to Keith. 

 

I asked him about the chassis type, the response was both versions of the gearbox with single or all wheel drive on the driving wheels will be delivered and will be tested extensively. And the best chosen. 

 

Packaging was mentioned as being as per the Dapol/Heljan Foam lined card box with clamshell packaging and an information booklet and something else which remains a secret. 

  • Informative/Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

I asked him about the chassis type, the response was both versions of the gearbox with single or all wheel drive on the driving wheels will be delivered and will be tested extensively. And the best chosen. 

 

The chassis testing isn't news, this post is from 6+ months ago

 

On 24/11/2019 at 22:13, Colin_McLeod said:

Extract from a conversation I had with Keith.

 

Screenshot_20191124-221119_Chrome.jpg.af0ff1d27528fc3ec27188366c7581dd.jpg

 

And this is 11 months ago. 

On 29/06/2019 at 14:02, Colin_McLeod said:

In the Facebook thread KR Models have said that both versions [of gears] would be made at ep stage.  

 

Screenshot_20190629-140213_Facebook.jpg

 

After all this time I would have thought the drivetrain would have been specified, KR stated production won't start until it has.

 

Any news on delivery timescale?

 

 

Quote

Packaging was mentioned as being as per the Dapol/Heljan Foam lined card box with clamshell packaging and an information booklet and something else which remains a secret. 

 

That would be the cost of shipping......:rolleyes:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

That would be the cost of shipping......:rolleyes:

Cost of shipping isnt a mystery, nor has it ever been.

 

UK delivery is £4.50, Europe outside of UK is £19, and rest of the world is £23.

 

8 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Any news on delivery timescale?

Due to the current climate, delays were inevitable, but we are on track for late July/early August.

 

8 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

KR stated production won't start until it has.

And nor will it. We want it done right, not done quick. If it takes us more time to get the last details ironed out, then so be it.

That being said, this is the last of the list to finish. Once finalised, production starts.

  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 14:05, Littlethorpe said:

 

They are now offering a further opportunity for an N Gauge Model. Expressions of interest here...

 

https://krmodels.co.uk/collections/n-gauge/products/gt3-n-gauge

 

 

I expressed interest in a second run of the OO gauge version as I thought the N gauge one wasn't going ahead. Glad to see it is now back. I tried expressing my interest in an N gauge one but I am unable to do so. Can @KR Models please help? I'd like to convert my EOI for a OO gauge one to an N gauge one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

 

I expressed interest in a second run of the OO gauge version as I thought the N gauge one wasn't going ahead. Glad to see it is now back. I tried expressing my interest in an N gauge one but I am unable to do so. Can @KR Models please help? I'd like to convert my EOI for a OO gauge one to an N gauge one.

Send me an email at [email protected] and i'll see what I can do for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KR Models said:

Send me an email at [email protected] and i'll see what I can do for you.


Thanks, will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“And something else that remains a secret”

 

”that would be the cost of shipping” 

 

I understand that it is an extra feature on the sound chip which contains the sound of some people eating humble pie and bacon being fried.......:D

 

 

 

 

 

(For the avoidance of doubt that was was a joke)

  • Funny 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy all, Michael here!

 

We have finally received our production sample and you can view it here: 

 

 

Id like to take a minute to explain a bit of what is going on with the painted production sample, as i'm sure you can notice just a couple of things wrong. Rather than leave you in the dark and try to sweep it under the rug, I wanted to address some of the understandable concerns with the model.

 

First and most notably, the colour. 
Yes, the paint should be glossy and on our sample, it isn't. Due to translation errors, this was an error on our factories part, but is easily fixable and the model you receive will be glossy. On that note, we are very happy with the colour we have chosen, and in my honest opinion has come out very well on the model.

 

Secondly, damage to the model.

Unfortunately, the model we have used for testing and photography arrived to us damaged. Neither me nor my father were happy to receive the model in this state, but due to customs manhandling and poor care for the model in transit, a couple of features on the model are damaged. We can assure you that when you receive your model, it will not arrive damaged. We aren't using a second rate courier to handle your packages, or having some underpaid delivery man throw it around for a bit of fun. 

We did what we could to repair the model so that it would appear as it should in the video we have taken.

 

I hope you all understand that we don't want to disappoint or lie to any of you, and we don't want to deliver you a half-assed broken product. We are doing everything we can to ensure that you receive the best quality model that we can deliver.

 

If any of you have any questions regarding the production sample, I would be happy to answer them here or via email at [email protected]

  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Howdy all, Michael here!

 

We have finally received our production sample and you can view it here: 

 

 

Id like to take a minute to explain a bit of what is going on with the painted production sample, as i'm sure you can notice just a couple of things wrong. Rather than leave you in the dark and try to sweep it under the rug, I wanted to address some of the understandable concerns with the model.

 

First and most notably, the colour. 
Yes, the paint should be glossy and on our sample, it isn't. Due to translation errors, this was an error on our factories part, but is easily fixable and the model you receive will be glossy. On that note, we are very happy with the colour we have chosen, and in my honest opinion has come out very well on the model.

 

Secondly, damage to the model.

Unfortunately, the model we have used for testing and photography arrived to us damaged. Neither me nor my father were happy to receive the model in this state, but due to customs manhandling and poor care for the model in transit, a couple of features on the model are damaged. We can assure you that when you receive your model, it will not arrive damaged. We aren't using a second rate courier to handle your packages, or having some underpaid delivery man throw it around for a bit of fun. 

We did what we could to repair the model so that it would appear as it should in the video we have taken.

 

I hope you all understand that we don't want to disappoint or lie to any of you, and we don't want to deliver you a half-assed broken product. We are doing everything we can to ensure that you receive the best quality model that we can deliver.

 

If any of you have any questions regarding the production sample, I would be happy to answer them here or via email at [email protected]

Wow! Looking good! Can’t wait! So glad I went for the sound. Gloss Finish will be even better! 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KR Models said:

We have finally received our production sample and you can view it here: 

 On that note, we are very happy with the colour we have chosen, and in my honest opinion has come out very well on the model.

 

 

The model certainly appears to represent GT3 very well, and the livery colours are spot-on.

 

Congratulations!

 

John Isherwood.

  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done indeed guys.  If John gives you the thumbs up you know you have done well.

 

Looking forward to receiving mine.

 

Cheers

 

Darius

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.