Jump to content

KRModels announce a GT3 Model


Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Les1952 said:

 

This is a two man band- more resources by inventing a 28 hour day?  Unless they are using  commercial premises for packing them pandemic regulations in most countries prevent getting extra people in.

 

Just a thought

Les

 

 

 

And DJM was a one man band and despite its numerous failings actually sending models out to customers was never reported as being among them (except for the J94s which were stolen).  Various people use, or have used, third parties for distribution but reports of long delays seem to be very rare.  If a distributor can't clear 1,000 models in 2-3 weeks (card number queries etc aside) there is something wrong somewhere.

 

And if after a year a distributor has not reorganised their processes to take account of Covid workplace regulations there is also something way adrift.  The mail/internet  order part of the economy has been one of its most buoyant features over the past and that suggests that to me more than a few companies have been able to adjust, and adjust to an even busier level of business than normal.  I have received several models by post/courier over the past year with no apparent delays whatsoever. 

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Remember the delivery fiasco with Rapido's Sterling Single.

 

It's not unknown to have problems.

 

That's true Colin. I was one of those affected, and I appreciated it once they started communicating with the buyers.

 

I saw KR Models was on RMWeb earlier today, I'd be surprised if they haven't read this thread. Maybe it's time for them to provide an update.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, JCL said:

 

That's true Colin. I was one of those affected, and I appreciated it once they started communicating with the buyers.

 

I saw KR Models was on RMWeb earlier today, I'd be surprised if they haven't read this thread. Maybe it's time for them to provide an update.

The main medium for communication is their facebook page,  Ive found them very responsive on messenger on that site, and on their page in general.

They only post here occasionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The main medium for communication is their facebook page,  Ive found them very responsive on messenger on that site, and on their page in general.

They only post here occasionally.

 

Cheers adb968008

 

I'm someone who helps companies get online by analysing their businesses and customer relationships, and I create e-commerce sites and procedures based on that. To be fair, FB is used by a lot of companies for marketing and customer relationships, but they work best when most of their customers are on that platform - and many people aren't. The ideal would be to message where their customers spend their time, which I would have thought would be both there and here.

 

I suppose if they're only going to message in one place, and their customers are willing to do updates on RMWeb on their behalf, then the one upside of FB is that KRM can control the message and who gets to talk to them on that platform, which they obviously can't do here.

 

Anyway, fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2021 at 05:06, Hilux5972 said:

I’m not wading back through 82 pages worth lol. I bent the handrails to get in the holes and that suits me fine. I chopped the NEM pocket off the bogie too and turned it around so the guard irons are at the front as they should be. If replacement parts do get shipped to me then they will most likely remain unused in the packaging. 

Crikey a Modeller!! Well done that man!

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JCL said:

 

Cheers adb968008

 

I'm someone who helps companies get online by analysing their businesses and customer relationships, and I create e-commerce sites and procedures based on that. To be fair, FB is used by a lot of companies for marketing and customer relationships, but they work best when most of their customers are on that platform - and many people aren't. The ideal would be to message where their customers spend their time, which I would have thought would be both there and here.

 

I suppose if they're only going to message in one place, and their customers are willing to do updates on RMWeb on their behalf, then the one upside of FB is that KRM can control the message and who gets to talk to them on that platform, which they obviously can't do here.

 

Anyway, fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

To be fair to them, I think they were born on facebook.. i think they had a presence there before they had a website.

They have never been conventional, and I don't think they will ever win a customer charm school award but they get on with it.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

And yet visit several times a day.

There are only so many knives one can pull out of ones back every day. Sometimes leaving the ones that don't hurt are easier.

 

If a customer has a problem, no matter who the seller is, your best recourse is to contact the seller, not a third party internet forum... theres always the risk that a buyer/seller spat on a 3rd party site is nothing more than suicide, no matter what they try to do.

 

As I said, messenger on facebook works for me, I found them quite amenable and engaging.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2021 at 19:35, adb968008 said:

There are only so many knives one can pull out of ones back every day. Sometimes leaving the ones that don't hurt are easier.

 

If a customer has a problem, no matter who the seller is, your best recourse is to contact the seller, not a third party internet forum... theres always the risk that a buyer/seller spat on a 3rd party site is nothing more than suicide, no matter what they try to do.

 

As I said, messenger on facebook works for me, I found them quite amenable and engaging.

My wife is a retired bank manager. I often quote this true tale as a prime  example of one of the most annoying traits of the British people. 

 

One Thursday, In the local paper, there was a letter in from one of her bank customers, archetypal  “disgusted of Berwick,” cobblers, complaining that he had gone to the hole in the wall to get a statement but it had run out of ink so he couldn’t get his statement. This apparently was an outrage.

 

So, all he had to do when he couldn’t read his statement was to walk ten paces into the bank, tell the bank staff their atm printer was out of ink and he would have been warmly thanked, given a statement from one of the printers behind the counter within a minute, and a member of staff would have put a new ink cartridge into the atm immediately. A win for everyone. 

 

But no; he went all the way home and took out a sheet of paper and a pen, or typed up a word document and printed it out, then put it in an envelope, spent the equivalent then of  85p on a stamp, and  went all the way to a postbox and mailed it to the local paper who, of course, gleefully printed it, probably because it was the only item of news they had that week.

 

And that is so typical of people who, instead of directly approaching the firm they have an issue with, write to their local chip wrapper or go onto websites like this one to grumble. 

 

After all, they pay their rates, they’ll have you know.......

 

 

Edited by D9001
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, D9001 said:

And so it begins; the extortion by moral-free opportunists wanting £400 for a first production run GT3 on eBay. I hope nobody is desperate enough to give money to these BANDITS.

 

It's not extortion, the seller isn't forcing anyone to buy it, if a purchaser chooses to make an offer rather than wait for the 2nd run, then that's their choice.

 

But in the vein of your post above, why not write to the trader himself and vent your indignation direct instead of on here.

B Jones

59 Kennedy Court

Green Street

Stourbridge

West Midlands

DY8 1UB

United Kingdom

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, D9001 said:

And so it begins; the extortion by moral-free opportunists wanting £400 for a first production run GT3 on eBay. I hope nobody is desperate enough to give money to these BANDITS.

Does the model come with a brown bandana and a pistol ?

:D

  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, D9001 said:

 

Tis Called Enterprise kid.  I sold a loco for €350 recently, Cost me €120, You cant get them anywhere so price is driven up.  Some lad offered me €250.00 by Email before the bidding ended. I turned it down.

 

What would you of done sold it at the lower price?

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

 

Tis Called Enterprise kid.  I sold a loco for €350 recently, Cost me €120, You cant get them anywhere so price is driven up.  Some lad offered me €250.00 by Email before the bidding ended. I turned it down.

 

What would you of done sold it at the lower price?

 

 

 

It is quite hypocritical..

 

More GT3’s could have been sold, but many hung back in fear, now its arrived those who held back now expect it to be gifted to them and vent anger when it isnt.


i’ll save my sympathy for those who paid but haven't yet recieved it, that could be worryingly frustrating... @JCLdid you have any luck ?

 

 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, D9001 said:

 

Give me strength !!

 

Ever since the day when two neanderthals swapped a bone for a rock, there has been something called supply and demand.

 

If you choose not to purchase when supply is good, you pay the price when supply is virtually non-existent.

 

If that is being moral-free, we're better off without morals.

 

Get real, please!

 

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Email that went out today has said that replacement bogie will be shipped out to people who ordered the first batch within the coming weeks cos of the reported issues - I'm guessing this means when the second run is produced - which I ordered - it will just come with that from the start which is fair enough, a manufacturer who listens, hooray!
Also listed is the new BR Blue hypothetical version which i *really* want, although it doesnt list a date until they will be available until, so I'm guessing its just going to take as many as they get and make as many as get ordered? But it would be nice to know the time limit on it so I know how long have until I have to place an order, as I have limited free funds so dont want them to sell out before I can order one in like, a month or two, eep :/ 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What to me was concerning, as a purchaser of the model and someone who has patiently waited and waited, was this item in the email:

 

FC6733D7-494E-46AC-9401-518904365D71.png

  • Friendly/supportive 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.