Cancelled due to vandalism- Stamford show 18th May

Trains4U

What an awful thing to happen, my utmost sympathies to everyone affected.

Of course the perpetrators must face the full legal and financial consequences of their actions, but hopefully it could also be arranged for them to meet some of the modellers and organisers affected, so that they gain a full understanding of the personal heartbreak and devastation their actions have caused. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So sorry to real this.

so much effort goes on behind the scenes by all involved in exhibitions- both organising and building layouts. In its own way, every layout is unique and irreplaceable.

lets hope the culprits get an appropriate sentence and not some namby pamby community service.

• Agree 10

I can only begin to imagine how you guys feel, it make me sick to my stomach that whoever did this thinks it’s acceptable. I’m pleased to hear they have been apprehended but that is small comfort for those affected. My heart goes out to you all.

Shane

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

Terrible news indeed. Is there a list of the layouts at the show please?  Seems the page for the show on the MRC website has been cleared in the light of these disgusting events.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Terrible news indeed. Is there a list of the layouts at the show please?  Seems the page for the show on the MRC website has been cleared in the light of these disgusting events.

UK Modelshops listing doesn't have details either but if anyone has been affected and can let us know, or can supply a list it would be appreciated.

Once we know more, we can then see how we can help.

• Like 10
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Dreadful news. As T4U said, it is every exhibition manager's worst nightmare. We always used to have overnight presence although we came to realise that might not be much use with no access to a telephone. We had to rent a mobile in the era when they were still the size of a house brick.

• Like 5

Undoubtedly the worst nightmare for owners and organisers alike, a truly heartbreaking experience and the thoughts of many of us will be with those affected.  Was about to set off for the show when I read this, had opted to stay local instead of the trek to Bracknell and was very much looking forward to it.

security is always an issue for shows, I’ve spent more than one night in a show hall but ironically insurance companies are increasingly reluctant to allow the practice and some landlords, particularly those in the private sector, won’t permit it. 

• Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

I was going to go. Relatively local to me and there was, iirc, a good variety of layouts of interest.

Totally gutted for all of those involved and especially so for those who have lost years of work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Shocking and terrible. I used to go to the show when we lived in Peterborough, and know just how much effort goes into it. What a devastating thing for anyone to do to other people's creativity and hard work (let alone the financial value). 

Heartfelt sympathies to all concerned.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

I know my words are just platitudes but I do not know how any actions on my part could help and certainly cannot change the outcome. I deeply feel for those whose efforts at every level have been trashed by such behaviour.

• Agree 10