Mozzer's new work bench 4mm That Welsh Brake Van building A AA/24

on my workbench at the mo is a 4mm 97xx this started out as a repaint of the body but the body turned back in to a kit with the paint remover
i have rebuilt the body soldering it & replaced the splitpin handrail knobs for turned ones also i have had to build a Recircvlating weir pump as this when missing the loco is to be finished as 9708
heres a pic of the finished body
i still have to fit a vac pipe on the back but since this will holed the body on i will do that once the body has been painted 7 fitted to the chassie
post-6686-127299430005_thumb.jpg

Edited by mozzer models
  • Like 3

well the 97xx is now painted & ready for the transfers

the loco sits a bit high on the chassie which is a Hornby one but the motor will not go any higher as its hitting the boiler >:(

the customer is ok with this as this is how he sent it

heres a pic

post-6686-12732591334_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Yes it is

as Jeremy Clarkson would say, "Ill get a hammer"

interested to see how you get on,work on my Steve Beattie Co-Bo has stalled until I can sort out some better castings for various bits, and also get round to taking some photos of the real thing.

but the main shell isnt too bad, in the end it went together :)

Mike

Brian,

is the cab roof that's wrong? or is it the body roof that's wrong?

Looking at some photos of a BD I would say that its the body roof that looks wrong, a lot more work to put right, but hey that the game we are in .

OzzyO.

One of todays jobs ...

if the rest of the kit is anything to go by this will take all day with a lot of banging of my head

Yep, that sounds like a Steve Beattie kit alright... and your following pictures demonstrate that fact too. :blink: :unsure: :D

10/10 for taking that kit on in the first place!!! ;)

Hello Brian,

if you were to build up the cab roof to the body shell roof you may end up with the wrong shape over the cab windows! That would make the whole front end look wrong, is it possible that the nose is to lowdown or that the window frame's are the wrong shape. The window frames look pretty good to me.

Some thing is wrong and I dont think that it's your build.

OzzyO.

Hello Brian,

if you were to build up the cab roof to the body shell roof you may end up with the wrong shape over the cab windows! That would make the whole front end look wrong, is it possible that the nose is to lowdown or that the window frame's are the wrong shape. The window frames look pretty good to me.

Some thing is wrong and I dont think that it's your build.

OzzyO.

Its the kit not me have a look here at F-UnitMad's build of the Steve Beattie kit of a Class 22

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32246

He had problems withe the cab roof with that kit as well

Its the kit not me have a look here at F-UnitMad's build of the Steve Beattie kit of a Class 22

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32246

He had problems withe the cab roof with that kit as well

Oooh, don't remind me..!! :blink: <_< ;)

Here's another Class 22 build where the Builder has used the cab roof castings...

http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172

As I said in that thread, I'm glad I made my own out of brass sheet...

I take it the body shell came already rolled, Brian? I haven't a clue how you can put this one right..!!