First Group wins the West Coast.

17 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Shame to see them go  always had a good experience with them and the staff were brilliant friendly helpful and looked after you extremely well .thanks to everyone and hope the future works out.Be interesting to see Firsts offering and fares  watch this space.

Agree; I always found Virgin staff great to deal with, whether as a passenger in Standard or First Class, or at work as a Railtrack and Network Rail Controller, when I was often giving their Controllers bad news ! Best Wishes to all Virgin Trains staff for the future.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, big jim said:

one thing i do know is you cant collect nectar points after the franchise change!

Have First or Nectar said they won't be offering Nectar points? Or is it that Virgin Trains Nectar points are only given if you book on a Virgin Trains service, so any tickets for travel on First operated services will get no Virgin Trains Nectar points.

It would be a bit strange given that the GWR, SWR & TPE offer Nectar points if you book a ticket through their websites/apps, regardless of the TOC you travel with.

On a similar vein, does anyone know if the Seatfrog upgrade App will still be valid on First WCML services?

On 21/11/2019 at 23:29, melmerby said:

The Virgin branding has already been removed from some (all?) Pendos, which are running around "naked" in all over white.

They're still stripping some units of their branding, the 1933 Euston - Blackpool was cancelled last Tuesday and the internal information given was '1P21 caped due to shortage of Voyagers. 221101 stood down to be de-branded' - disappointing to be cancelling services for the sake of a logo!

On 22/11/2019 at 13:33, big jim said:

From what I can make out from an email I had from Virgin it said the new franchisee will have it’s own loyalty scheme

i think seatfrog wont work either at the franchise change 

Seatfrog may well be introduced or continued in the future, it has recently been introduced with GWR so First Group should be switched on to it.

• Agree 1

On 21/11/2019 at 23:29, melmerby said:

The Virgin branding has already been removed from some (all?) Pendos, which are running around "naked" in all over white.

……...and very smart and business like they look.

Almost like proper trains rather than mobile billboards..

Bernard

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Do we have any idea as to livery that First  will use  maybe being Italian  it won it!ill have spaghetti  

Obviously blood and custard, known in Italian as, tomato and pasta.....

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 23/11/2019 at 19:04, Bernard Lamb said:

Bernard

The white Pendolinos do look a lot better than the Virgin razzamatazz livery - plenty of them about on Saturday I noticed when going to/from the Warley show but there was a pair of Voyagers still very much in Virgin colours

• RMweb Premium
On 23/11/2019 at 19:04, Bernard Lamb said:

They look like one of those layouts where someone's running unfinished kit or scratch-built stock. Guess that'll make life easier for current scene modellers!

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/

Yay - still doing nectar as well, signed up for an email so I can set myself up - I wonder if Virgin will offer to transfer my profile like they did at the last aborted franchise change.

Apparently all staff from the managing director down have been re-hired by the new bunch.

(Drivers, on train staff, ticket sellers etc. automatically get transferred)

44 minutes ago, melmerby said:

But unfortunate today considering the northern WCML has thoroughly collapsed. Mother in Law is travelling to Edinburgh and had a 6.5hr wait at Preston for a Bus to Carlisle.

• RMweb Premium

So it's just effectively *First West Coast. (Not very imaginative IMHO)

* In this context Avanti in Italian means First but Avanti sounds more exotic!:)

Edited by melmerby
Spelling - mine not the PC!

8 minutes ago, melmerby said:

So it's just effectively *First West Coast. (Not very imaginative IMHO)

* In this context Avanti in Italian means First but Avanti sounds more exotic!:)

A bit like Virgin sounding better than Branson Holding Company Railways.

I am looking forward to the toilet no longer wishing to hold a conversation with me.  "What's my motivation for this voice role?, You're a public urinal and you want people to use you!"  I wonder if the lady who got that job declares it on her CV?

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/

Yay - still doing nectar as well, signed up for an email so I can set myself up - I wonder if Virgin will offer to transfer my profile like they did at the last aborted franchise change.

this is the email I just got......

As one journey comes to an end, a new one begins.

You might have heard that Virgin Trains will stop running their services across the UK soon. We’ll be sad to wave them farewell on 7 December. But until then you’ll still be getting 2 points for every £1 you spend. 

And from 8 December, you’ll be getting the same number of points on your journeys with our new partner Avanti West Coast, who take over from Virgin Trains. 

For more information check the Avanti website.

In the meantime, if you notice any Nectar points or miles missing, get in touch with Virgin Trains West Coast by 7 March 2020.