Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Back on topic.   I have been in north east mode and had an urge to buy another Bachmann Deltic.  Where best to look - eBay?  No - I cancelled my order after discovering that I was being charged nearly double for this limited edition.  You should always do your homework. The Deltic Preservation Society has some very keenly priced Bachmann locomotives - not to mention some new Deltics at prices less than second hand offerings on that well known auction site.

With the money I saved I have added sound.

Regards

Ray

• RMweb Premium

Dapol are flogging off O gauge grey seven plank opens for twenty five sheets a pop if anyone is interested.

If I were starting out in O gauge I would snap a few up myself.

Scalescenes e-mail just received stating ...... "Summer Special, spend £10 or more and they will give a 20% discount on the total contents of the shopping cart. Can be used multiple times and is valid until the end of August."

Might be useful for anyone using their products.

Cheers

Back on topic.   I have been in north east mode and had an urge to buy another Bachmann Deltic.  Where best to look - eBay?  No - I cancelled my order after discovering that I was being charged nearly double for this limited edition.  You should always do your homework. The Deltic Preservation Society has some very keenly priced Bachmann locomotives - not to mention some new Deltics at prices less than second hand offerings on that well known auction site.

With the money I saved I have added sound.

Regards

Ray

Thanks for the tip off. I just picked up one of their 47408 Finsbury Park class 47 locos for £70.00 + 4.50 postage. Was very happy with that

Thanks for the offer - I was in West Wales a week ago, and I'd have called by if I'd known. As it is, it's probably cheaper to pop down to LIDL now...

Sorry. It wasn't an offer, as there aren't enough to share. It was was just a comparison to the rip-off Lidl price, especially as the nearest one is 20 miles away :onthequiet:

The ones that were in the WHR Shop in Porthmadog yes, but less issue 0!

Glad they've not lingered and also pleased my wife is not a widow - which might have been the outcome had I given in to the temptation... Fortunately, my five-year-old was with me to remind me that mummy had been complaining about the number of magazines around the house already

Victoria Court Models, the new-ish model shop in Burnham-on-Sea has got 20% off Hornby CASH sales at the moment.

Only just found this model shop this year. Also a good selection of kits, scenics and detailing parts and good prices. Very friendly service. 

Walked away with a 2x Hornby railroad MK1's and a Pullman that worked out at just over £14 each and an operating Mail Coach for around £17!

No connection, just a satisfied customer!

Victoria Court, Victoria St, Burnham-on-Sea TA8 1AL 01278 794214 Open 9.00 - 4pm MONDAY/TUESDAY. WED 9am - 1pm. THURSDAY - SATURDAY 9am - 4pm. SUNDAY CLOSED

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a clear out of Nickel Silver and old stock Brass GWR number plates. Nickel Silver ones are now just 50p per pair and on sale Brass ones are £1 per pair. These cover a lot of locos - 2251, 2301, 5700, 8750, 1400, 4800, 5800, 6400, 7400, 9000 as well as ex Cambrian and other miscellaneous absorbed and non absorbed locos. 

See https://www.coastlinemodels.co.uk/bargains-galore-postal-changes/

• RMweb Premium

I am having a clear out of Nickel Silver and old stock Brass GWR number plates. Nickel Silver ones are now just 50p per pair and on sale Brass ones are £1 per pair. These cover a lot of locos - 2251, 2301, 5700, 8750, 1400, 4800, 5800, 6400, 7400, 9000 as well as ex Cambrian and other miscellaneous absorbed and non absorbed locos. 

See https://www.coastlinemodels.co.uk/bargains-galore-postal-changes/

Shouldn't this be in the Buy & Sell section?

Keith

Archived