The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

You're entitled to your opinion, but obviously we disagree about that remark. (frankly, in modern Western West-European society you don't have to live on the streets if you really don't want to :no: )

As you are to yours but as for your comment in brackets go and have a chat with the mentally ill or the 1000's of abused children that had no option but to run away from home etc. I do a lot of charity work with these 'figures of fun' and 'frankly' if you really believe that statement it shows why you feel your 'joke' is appropriate and therefore this conversation ends right here as you are not someone I wish to waste anymore time on regardless of entitled opinions.

No need to respond as I've added to you to the ignore section.

Edited by Gareth Collier
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You're entitled to your opinion, but obviously we disagree about that remark. (frankly, in modern Western West-European society you don't have to live on the streets if you really don't want to :no: )

My opinion is that you really ought to talk to some of the people you probably pass by, then you might want to delete your post

• RMweb Gold

Actually, the company I work for offers night shelter accommodation for the homeless and part of my job is indeed working with those 'mentally ill' or otherwise disadvantaged individuals. 

It's a shame you don't take any notice of them and choose to mock them.

Actually, the company I work for offers night shelter accommodation for the homeless and part of my job is indeed working with those 'mentally ill' or otherwise disadvantaged individuals.

And by referring to them as you do as 'mentally ill' sure shows a lot of compassion, guess they are making it up. Better to avoid the quotation marks as it comes across just a bit judgemental.

Guys, can you lighten up a bit please... I have heard that some of the people with the blackest humor tend to be emergency service personnel and people working in challenging fields.  Infact the funniest pieces of humour I have seen recently was a challenged person doing a segment on Britain's got talent and he was using self deprecating humor! OK Australians tend to use this to good effect generally. 

I would put the above joke in the totally inappropriate basket but take it for what it is and giggle at the absurd nature of it. 

• Like 1

To lighten things up.

My mate said he was going drive his car very fast up and down the B4263.

I told him to drive caerphilly.

Mike.

Now that's offended the residents of Caerphilly, because you didn't put a capital letter on the name of their town, probably the rest of Wales, and those affected by speed related traumas. - and those who like the dark, and don't want things lighter.

Peter Snowflake

(Of Welsh descent, traumatised by 3 points on my licence, and a cave dweller.)

Edited by peter220950

• RMweb Gold

Now that's offended the residents of Caerphilly, because you didn't put a capital letter on the name of their town, probably the rest of Wales, and those affected by speed related traumas. - and those who like the dark, and don't want things lighter.

Peter Snowflake

(Of Welsh descent, traumatised by 3 points on my licence, and a cave dweller.)

Primarily because it was a play on words, a pun, which would have been better spoken.

I'm sure the residents of CCCCaerphilly have more to get upset about than being undercapitalised, such as being welsh/Welsh.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Couple of things that made me laugh earlier, first up an email with building material recommendations from amazon, I’ve asked the plasterer who is doing the work on the garage if he would find the moulding useful and he says he could work with a pair of those

2CEE99B9-0F67-4F59-81A8-24B22AF1185F.png

405D6DBA-A164-4D15-BA03-FEF52C924BD8.png

Then in Aldi this made me laugh, Neil diamond mash

Sweeeeeede carrot mash.....bum.......bum........bum, mealtimes never tasted so good....

44A2869A-AB88-4591-B517-41A29BD962A7.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Couple of things that made me laugh earlier, first up an email with building material recommendations from amazon, I’ve asked the plasterer who is doing the work on the garage if he would find the moulding useful and he says he could work with a pair of those

2CEE99B9-0F67-4F59-81A8-24B22AF1185F.png

405D6DBA-A164-4D15-BA03-FEF52C924BD8.png

Then in Aldi this made me laugh, Neil diamond mash

Sweeeeeede carrot mash.....bum.......bum........bum, mealtimes never tasted so good....

44A2869A-AB88-4591-B517-41A29BD962A7.jpg

No idea as the pics aren't visible, just a question mark in a box.

Justice has been served

There's been some thug called Carl going round breaking in to people's houses near me for months, but the police couldn't catch him. The weirdest thing about it all is he was breaking into people's houses just to ruin their washing machines by putting bricks in to them & turning them on!!!!! Really weird if you ask me... Anyway, just read that he was found dead in an alley coz of a drug overdose.. It's never nice hearing of someones death, but on the bright side, washing machines live longer with Carl gone1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

That is in VERY bad taste, and I'm sorry to see it not so noted within the Topic  (Noted I have read a more recent

message of a similar ilk, which was, at least to some extent, debated, between protagonists who argued their right

to 'state it as it is').

I've spent a couple of very enjoyable hours this evening, coursing back through a thread I'm not familiar with.

I particularly enjoyed the story about the rubber duckies, and followed the links and find, yet again, that RMWeb

is a source of wonderful information, aside from being the best possible resource to turn to for railway modelling

advice or inspiration.

If I may, two questions;

1. Is it OK to remain 'signed-on' to RMWeb ??,   So as to participate, say, in this conversation.?

I've always thought that I have an obligation to sign-off, so as to not inhibit the access of others.

2. Is it OK to forward the .utterly delightful and profound observations you fellows make (noting Tony Wright's

observations about originality), to others who would well appreciate same ??.   Say, Accredited to 'RMWeb' ? 

Almost Midnight for me now.

Cheers, Charles.

• RMweb Premium

That is in VERY bad taste, and I'm sorry to see it not so noted within the Topic  (Noted I have read a more recent

message of a similar ilk, which was, at least to some extent, debated, between protagonists who argued their right

to 'state it as it is').

I've spent a couple of very enjoyable hours this evening, coursing back through a thread I'm not familiar with.

I particularly enjoyed the story about the rubber duckies, and followed the links and find, yet again, that RMWeb

is a source of wonderful information, aside from being the best possible resource to turn to for railway modelling

advice or inspiration.

If I may, two questions;

1. Is it OK to remain 'signed-on' to RMWeb ??,   So as to participate, say, in this conversation.?

I've always thought that I have an obligation to sign-off, so as to not inhibit the access of others.

Almost Midnight for me now.

Cheers, Charles.

!/ You appear to be logged in, but aren't really as it doesn't update.

I hadn't seen that text you referred, but I agree, it's in poor taste.

But MOST of the time, this is a friendly place.

Use the REPORT button on the actual offending post & it goes straight to the moderators, along with a link. You need to write a short note on why you're reporting it. 

All optional, of course.