Peco launch RTR 009 range

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Hi Simon I am doing the same, £15 + the carriage makes them very expensive. I will pop into my local model shop today and see if they can order them for me.

They are listed on Parkside Dundas website, although there are no prices. Rather annoyingly they have listed the limited edition ones as available as singles and given them product codes................ Seems to defeat the point of them being limited editions really

Owen

• RMweb Gold

Rather annoyingly they have listed the limited edition ones as available as singles and given them product codes................ Seems to defeat the point of them being limited editions really

Chap from Peco said they wouldn't do them as separates, I don't find it annoying as i know as a youngster I missed out on ltd edition stuff because I didnt have ready cash at the time so it only really hits collectors and they probably wouldn't run them ;). I wonder if there's a few left over after they used up the long boxes? They only decided to do the sets to use up the N gauge Collett boxes ;) if you want to check email Peco via their website as that department deals with marketing not the production side chap on NGRM.

All the singles will be standard items in the range and not limited but only produced in batches so there may be periods of some not available.

Good, they are around then, nobody else seems to have them on their websites yet, only thing stopping me is lack of confidence on the price, £15 each? cannot find a RRP to compare it to.

Think I will wait, no rush!!

Simon

A few seem to be in model shops too. I got this link via a Google search (so no connection to this retailer):

http://shop.waltonsmodels.co.uk/index.php?cPath=23

The above quoted RRP as £15 and was selling with a discount of 10%. Still seems a bit expensive to me compared to Bachmann 00 scale wagons at generally under £10 (when discounted), but I guess the market is still seen as a bit limited (for the time being until UK rtr locomotives appear on the scene). The so-called "limited edition" pairs of wagons seemed to sell out pretty quickly though. No sign of the new arrivals at any of the big box-shifters yet?

Jeremy Karl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I bought a couple from Parkside Dundas at Railex today. Here are some photos of the new boxes.

post-6821-0-16381200-1369503335_thumb.jpg

post-6821-0-65830600-1369503353_thumb.jpg

post-6821-0-65741500-1369503370_thumb.jpg

The wagon is held in place on the white base by the two black clips, which hook over the axles. The clips have to be slid outwards to release the wagon, there are arrows on them on the underside of the base. In theory a 10ft wheelbase wagon could fit on the base.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the likely lead time is for the coaches?

I don't see these available for pre-order yet, but given how quickly the wagons and vans arrived, I'd be surprised if we have to wait as long as some other Hornby/Bachmann items.

I didn't check the boxes, but were the wagons and vans made in the UK (or the Channel Islands)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

£37.50 rrp, Ouch!!

Simon

For a  low  volume  RTR 00-9  item  I dont  think its too bad, after all its not  as  if  large  rake  will be  required 

The price  is  comparable  with  the   latest  Liliput H0e  3 axle   wagons/vans/coaches which are retailing  from  around £31  to £35 each

The Peco 00-9  coaches  will  be  listed  by  Hattons  from  Next  Monday (23rd)  as a pre order item  so  it will be interesting to see what  their price is.

The  Heljan  loco  wont  be  cheap, but I think it will be  worth it, if we  want RTR  00-9 then it will have to be  paid  for, I think it is a brave move for  Heljan , when it is considered  that  ROCO shelved the proposed 00-9 Ffestiniog Double  Fairlie   due to lack of interest.

If we look at the current price for H0e plastic bodied  steam outline locos    from Liliput & Roco  from  around   £70  to  around £250 then I think considering  the  potential volume sales of the Heljan loco will not be as high as European outline H0e, the price  for the L&B loco may be around the £175 mark  lets hope I am incorrect!

For a  low  volume  RTR 00-9  item  I dont  think its too bad, after all its not  as  if  large  rake  will be  required 

The price  is  comparable  with  the   latest  Liliput H0e  3 axle   wagons/vans/coaches which are retailing  from  around £31  to £35 each

The Peco 00-9  coaches  will  be  listed  by  Hattons  from  Next  Monday (23rd)  as a pre order item  so  it will be interesting to see what  their price is.

On the live chat with Hattons earlier today I was told it would be £30

As you say it is a low volume uk made item so I don't think that's unreasonable

Edit : I was also told that it would be listed Monday

if they are trying to attract people into a less popular scale/gauge then maybe the price could putoff some.

I don't think that is their intent. I think they want to sell something to people who already model or want to model in RTR and give people a buy versus make choice.

I don't think it is about promoting 009 as it is about providing 009 modelers with an option.

It's odd that with the retailer I looked at you can only order one coach so far with no options for pre-orders.  There's a lot of 'flavours' of these coaches.

Archived