• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

An unusual video for me because it's steam rather than diesel.  It's a Hornby TTS 4F with a small bass reflex speaker. It's got loads of sound features and I've tried to use a lot of them in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bfSTXz8X18&feature=youtu.be

attachicon.gifIMG_7488.jpeg

Richard

I wasn't aware they made a chip for the 4F, quite impressive. Is it available now?

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

My first video of an EM2 fitted model. I fitted this myself using my new milling machine. I've also done a class 33, deltic and western and will post more videos shortly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UqpUksBhgc&lc=z22rfzvaszvxgxghp04t1aokgq2cmo1fkxxxereyc0lurk0h00410

attachicon.gifIMG_7736.jpeg

Sounds fantastic with the external speakers plugged into the laptop !

Recently did one with an EM2 and sugar cube and thought that was great .

This one is even better .

• 3 weeks later...

A look at the all new Bachmann Narrow Gauge - 009 Scale - Baldwin Class 10-12-D 4-6-0T, fitted with Digitrains Digital Sound. Available for just shy of £115 from Digitrains Ltd, the new ZSBA Baldwin Premium Sound and Zimo MX659N18 sound decoder is the perfect partner for the Bachmann Baldwin Class 10-12-D, bring this superb model to life. Fitting the decoder takes a matter of minutes, thanks to the clever assembly and pre-build in speaker. Highlights features include Wagons Clatter when accelerating and decelerating with a loaded train, and Speed Lock, which allows to you intensity off the chuffs, while keeping the loco locked at the same speed. In this video, we take a look at just some of the many built in sound functions (Full List Below), with the model hauling and shunting a mixed supply and troop train on my WW1 Trench Railway.

Sound Functions List;

F0 Lights F&R

F1 Sound on, heavy mode

F2 Brake key

F3 Whistle

F4 Whistle

F5 Light engine mode

F6 Coal shovelling

F7 Injector

F8 Safety Valve

F9 Speed dependent wheel noise

F10 Speed lock

F11 Handbrake

F12 Water filling

F13 Wagons clattering

F14 Whistle

F15 Cylinder drains

F16 Whistle

F17 Shunting mode CV 3 & 4 values = 0

F18 Guard's whistle

F19 Fade sounds

F20 Coupling sound

F21 Air pump start and fast

F22 Air pump slow

F23 Safety valve

F27 Volume down

F28 Volume up

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFd3IMZozRg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my sound fitted locos, I've recently changed the speaker in this one to a double iPhone speaker. It uses the ESU sound file which I was messing about with when I got a Lokprogrammer but I'll be putting it back to Legomanbiffo soon because it's more drivable with his sound file on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEK5kE4yIpE

attachicon.gifimg-5599_2.jpg

Richard

Richard,

Great to see and hear 66522 with the double iPhone speakers.  Can you be a bit more precise about which speakers exactly are installed?  Are they iPhone6 main speakers?  And would your double iPhone speaker setup work directly with Loksound v4 or Zimo MX644D decoders without needing any additional components?

Many thanks,

Matthew

• 1 month later...

My first video and it's a bit naff, but it gives you an idea!

I'm a novice (started a few weeks back) - this is my N Gauge class 08 sound install (Zimo + Minnow5).

Stalls at the end, I've since found a slight pickup issue on the rear wheels which I'll fix.

• Like 1

My first video and it's a bit naff, but it gives you an idea!

I'm a novice (started a few weeks back) - this is my N Gauge class 08 sound install (Zimo + Minnow5).

Stalls at the end, I've since found a slight pickup issue on the rear wheels which I'll fix.

Thanks for posting the vid. Murphy's Law of videoing models is that everything behaves perfectly until you press 'record' on the camera, at which point things stall, derail, hiccup, jolt, uncouple, and otherwise do all the things you don't want them to! :D

In my case, it also means SWMBO, who has been asleep while I was setting up for the session suddenly decides to get up and start clattering things in the kitchen!  :jester:

Edited by SRman

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

My latest video, featuring an EM2 speakered O4/1 at the end, definitely an earthmover speaker! Sound fitted steam from a range of sources, including one which features nearly all my own recordings (the O4/1).

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3

My EM2 speaker fitted class 37 with a different sound file, the Legomanbiffo 'Spa Valley' file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpgzc2pwUU&t=26s

Richard

This is about the best 37 sound I have heard to date. I would just make one suggestion, in that the auxiliary sounds might be better heard with the loco at rest?

• RMweb Gold

What decoder / File you using for the B1 please ?

Hi

As Locoman says, it’s a Loksound V4 using one of the downloadable Loksound templates (the US K27) with new whistles made from my own (and a friend’s) recordings. It isn’t a patch on Locoman’s projects but I am teaching myself how to build projects for my own interest. I’ve been using different templates to match the chuff sounds as best I can to the loco, but speakers are everything. The O4/1 uses an EM2 and it is an impressive speaker, really has some bass punch, but is a bit muffled so am considering putting in a sugar cube in series to improve the higher end. The sound project for the O4 is based on the NSWGR Z27 template which are actually my own recordings that were processed by ESU on behalf of an Australian manufacturer (Southern Rail Models). I made up a Beyer Peacock playable whistle to replace the original. It also has new brake and injector sounds as I wanted to play around with the loop files and the programming.

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

A short video taking a look at the Model Rail Exclusive MR-017 Dapol Sentinel WD livery, fitted with Digital Sound.

I fitted the model with a ESU Loksound V4.0 Micro Sound Decorder and Speaker, which just fits inside the Cab of the Locomotive, with no modification to the Model or Decoder. The Sound is a recorded from a GWR 2-Cylinder Locomotive provided by South West Digital, with the times sped up, to recreated the sound of these icon chain driven locomotives.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 14/11/2018 at 11:29, trw1089 said:

Hi

As Locoman says, it’s a Loksound V4 using one of the downloadable Loksound templates (the US K27) with new whistles made from my own (and a friend’s) recordings. It isn’t a patch on Locoman’s projects but I am teaching myself how to build projects for my own interest. I’ve been using different templates to match the chuff sounds as best I can to the loco, but speakers are everything. The O4/1 uses an EM2 and it is an impressive speaker, really has some bass punch, but is a bit muffled so am considering putting in a sugar cube in series to improve the higher end. The sound project for the O4 is based on the NSWGR Z27 template which are actually my own recordings that were processed by ESU on behalf of an Australian manufacturer (Southern Rail Models). I made up a Beyer Peacock playable whistle to replace the original. It also has new brake and injector sounds as I wanted to play around with the loop files and the programming.

Cheers

Tony

I know it's 5 years hence! But did you add a sugar cube in series with the EM2 on the 04/1. Did it improve the sound. I was also wondering if the total impedence (in series), would be too high?

Wow ... I had forgotten I started this topic!

I have posted quite a few sound videos in my own layout topic, so at some stage I should post the links here as well for a wider audience.

In the meantime, please everyone feel free to post more of your own sound videos. They can be useful in assisting others to decide on the best sound project for their own models (that was the original intention of this thread).

Jeff/SRman

• 2 weeks later...

Repeating the post in my own layout thread, my latest video is on YouTube showing off an Accurascale class 37 with Jamie Goodman sound. I have used an Accurathrash large speaker and removed the sugar cube speaker from this locomotive, then tweaked the bass and treble levels from the decoder (using an ESU LokProgrammer).

Edited by SRman
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I decided to take some video footage comparing three of the sound and speaker combinations I have in Accurascale class 37s. Personally, I would rate the Jamie Goodman one as my favourite, but the others are good. All have their own different features and characteristics.

I edited out the bit where I didn't have 37 608 on the track properly so it derailed as soon as it hit the points.

I posted this link in my own layout thread and in the Accurascale Class 37 topic, so please pass on by if you've seen this already.