Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

Is the show pretty quiet in the morning? Doing  a hell of a dog leg,,,leaving West Wales 6am up to the show 11ish then back down to the New Forest for our 5 day break,,,im lucky to have such an understanding better half,,

Car prepped and everything but the layout is in it now. Forgot to clean it though...

post-143-0-98653100-1402685936_thumb.jpg

Leaving early tomorrow to get through the dratted M1 delay from Gate 32 down to Gate 28.

steve

• RMweb Gold

Too late now if we have forgotten anything.

Now at our overnight secret location with car tucked into a hedge and DCC etc in hotel rooms.

speckled Hen or IPA on tap so nothing as nice as Ray etc are drinking.

It will do for tonight though.

See you all in the morning.

Ian

Jack and I have just returned from marking out. When I said the plan was subject to change right up to the last minute, I wasn't joking.

One or two will find they are in a different location to where they thought they were.

See you all tomorrow.

Weather been dry all day.... wouldn't you guess it rained when I wanted to load up.... :shout:

Also strange how your car boot shrinks as soon as you start putting stuff in it :jester:

...plans to make my trestles the first things I take out haven't worked out :scratchhead: ah well....

I remember one year when we were marking out the halls of the Bracknell Railway Society Exhibition one of the 'helpers' came rushing over in a made panic. It appeared that none of the layouts fitted into their 'allocated' spaces. He'd marked out the hall out in metres and not feet !!!!

Another humdinger that always sticks in my mind was when the Society Chairman asked one of the invited dignitaries 'how should I address the lady mayor?' to which they simply replied 'sir!'

We took the pi55 out of him for years after that....

I ended up with more of a "sleep-ette", really.... my lad woke up bunged up with hayfever at 3am. I've been awake ever since...

If a certain O Scale layout has nothing happening on it this afternoon, look for an Operator fast asleep underneath it....

Why can't opening times be adjusted to suit those who work shifts and suffer from sleep-lag...? Its not like there's much on tonight anyway....

About to set off with Wiley, once I've checked that I've packed the leg bolts...

Archived