Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Sorry for the late reply, but I have been moving house today.

Those are really great photos of the Settle to Carlisle line. Very atmospheric, and I wasn't fully aware that BR standard 4mt 80080 had worked a special train over the line. That certainly is a great photo of the engine.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Sorry for the late reply, but I have been moving house today.

Those are really great photos of the Settle to Carlisle line. Very atmospheric, and I wasn't fully aware that BR standard 4mt 80080 had worked a special train over the line. That certainly is a great photo of the engine.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Rob,

Hope you get settled in quickly.

Regards,

David

• RMweb Premium

J712... glad to see they have gapped the sleepers on the in use line, the shorts they're going to get on the other road should keep them busy!

Cracking shots yet again David. you can almost touch the atmopshere oozing from them.

Andy G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Firstly, thank you for your good wishes about my move of house. I think I should settle down fairly quickly. Late again tonight for the same reason.

Again excellent shots of the Settle to Carlisle line. In J0935, the Cravens class 113 is showing just how ungainly they were when fitted with a four character headcode box!

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

That's NCB Lambton 29, not 31, David!  Sorry to be picky.  I wish 31 had survived too.

Edit:  I should add how much I am enjoying this thread - truly inspirational, every night!

Edited by New Haven Neil

• RMweb Gold

That's NCB Lambton 29, not 31, David!  Sorry to be picky.  I wish 31 had survived too.

Edit:  I should add how much I am enjoying this thread - truly inspirational, every night!

Thanks Neil.

David

• Like 1

A few more photos of the Stocktomn and Darlington 150th anniversary event at Shildon this afternoon.

Less than 10 years to the 200th anniversary. Policemen are getting younger as I type.

Some photos at Paddington in 1978 and 1988 for the "BR" set today.

attachicon.gifPaddington Paddington buffet 27th July 88 C09615.jpg

Paddington buffet 27th July 88 C09615

Ah, Travellers' Fate.  Where abouts was that?

• RMweb Premium

Once again I had to check whether I was in any of those pictures!  We visited the NYMR quite a lot in its early days, when on family holidays in Whitby.  At first it wasn't 'open' as such, but was able to run trains on 'open days'.  How things have changed since then!

• RMweb Gold

Less than 10 years to the 200th anniversary. Policemen are getting younger as I type.

Ah, Travellers' Fate.  Where abouts was that?

I have to admit I can't remember exactly where it was at Paddington.  It may be by the "Lawn".

David

• RMweb Premium

Wow, just look at that pole route! 15 4-way arms, thats 60 wires. That must have been fun to climb through.

Interesting to see photos of this location, even though the road has changed, you can still recognise it from 50 years before..

Andy g

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some excellent photo's of the NYMR. They are fairly early in the history of the line, but very interesting. Great to see the K1 2005.

The Scottish photo's are a true delight. Interesting to see those class 120's with the extra large luggage compartment.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

C2645 at Rugby has a nice old Foden lorry about to pass under the bridge. Interestingly, it is followed by a slightly more modern ERF in the distance which neatly illustrates the two products of the competing companies owned by members of the same family.