Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of the S & C between Dent Head & Ais Gill, and also some great photo's of the Bowes Railway. A classic view of a steam hauled freight train at Dent Head in J533.

Then at the Bowes Railway, there will be a bit of work to be done before the inclines can work again from the look of the track. I know it will be worth it.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Such a shame the Bowes railway no longer operates the incline. Is it planned for restoration in the future?

It is intended to have it working again in due course.

Meanwhile here is a link to the Bowes Railway web site for those who would like to know more about it and perhaps visit on an Open Day.  It is well worth a visit.

http://bowesrailway.uk/

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi David

I do not think the Peak in J538 is D34. D34 was built with a central headcode window not split boxes. The number looks like it ends with a 2.

Thanks Clive.

I've just had a good look at the original scan.

It may be D92.

David

Love the weathering on the nose of the 37, if you painted one like that you would have to take the photo with you every time you took the loco out

I hope not. I'm just in the process of doing a class 20 nose like that. :O

post-508-0-35574400-1457216152.jpg

P

• Like 7

C09062 interests me, since I have photos of that loco at Appleby in Westmoreland on a Carlisle-Leeds train in late May of the same year, 1988, in the same livery. It worked the same train two days that week.

It must have moved to Old Oak some time soon after I saw it.

Edited by JeffP

• RMweb Premium

A few more photos of the Stocktomn and Darlington 150th anniversary event at Shildon this afternoon.

attachicon.gifShildon LBSCR Terrier Fenchurch 24th Aug 75 C2329.jpg

Shildon LBSCR Terrier Fenchurch 24th Aug 75 C2329

attachicon.gifShildon 75029 24th Aug 75 C2332.jpg

Shildon 75029 24th Aug 75 C2332

attachicon.gifShildon 51218 24th Aug 75 C2336.jpg

Shildon 51218 24th Aug 75 C2336

attachicon.gifShildon GNR Stirling Single No1 24th Aug 75 C2353.jpg

Shildon GNR Stirling Single No1 24th Aug 75 C2353

attachicon.gifShildon 75 inch gauge EAR Garratt 5928 also Lilla and Northern Rock 24th Aug 75 C2367.jpg

Shildon 7.5 inch gauge EAR Garratt 5928 also Lilla and Northern Rock 24th Aug 75 C2367

attachicon.gifShildon CR 419 24th Aug 75 C2374.jpg

Shildon CR 419 24th Aug 75 C2374

David

Almost expected to see myself in those pictures! 

C09062 interests me, since I have photos of that loco at Appleby in Westmoreland on a Carlisle-Leeds train in late May of the same year, 1988, in the same livery. It worked the same train two days that week.

It must have moved to Old Oak some time soon after I saw it.

You might just have solved a query for me. I have a photo of an NSE liveried 47 hauling blue and gray coaches over Arten Gill viaduct from sometime around the date you quote. Thanks!

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of the S & D 150th anniversary. Good to see some of the various loco's that took part in it.

Paddington is a station full of memories for me, and your photos have brought them to life. The HST's in 1978 were not looking at their very best.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

The photo C09615 of the buffet at Paddington in those days was rubbish..............NO marmalade sandwiches, surely a must for any station named after such a famous bear :nono:  :nono:  and to top it all no respect for the GWR as there was NO chocolate and cream for pudding. :nono: :nono:

I am sure the lady behind the counter was getting ready to call the police or the nearest asylum if I was going to ask for anything else.

• Like 4

Seeing the Stirling Single in picture C2353 reminds me of the time I went to see it working on the GCR at  Loughborough.

I took my portable tape-recorder, and with its 8 foot driving wheels it set off - chuff, chuff, chuff and was gone!

More fantastic images, thank you for taking the time to post these everyday.

What an odd bit of track work in J6893. It looks like some sort of switched crossing, not a slip of anykind. I wonder why they needed to use this instead of a normal crossing?

David