Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, DaveF said:

This afternoon we visit Newark again to see some more trains on the ECML (and one to Cleethorpes).

924749305_NewarkSouthClass55upJan70C199.jpg.a9ec3b49cda722f4c1af63ecc523875b.jpg

Newark South Class 55 up Jan 70 C199.jpg

1196507711_NewarkClass4747415KingsXtoLeedsAug77J5743.jpg.38183b71dfa8d04e7bbb70f640ec1f3e.jpg

Newark Class 47 47415 Kings X to Leeds Aug 77 J5743.jpg

211894755_NewarkNewarkNorthgatetoCleethorpesAug77J5744.jpg.90a3dccacdbde9c8c6f41b0d3de4f9af.jpg

Newark Newark Northgate to Cleethorpes Aug 77 J5744.jpg

1302938707_NewarkClass5555016AberdeentoKingsXAug77J5742.jpg.ecfe6e9663b4ce5aa016d5d618d7beb0.jpg

Newark Class 55 55016 Aberdeen to Kings X Aug 77 J5742.jpg

1799660058_NewarkClass47upAug77J5734.jpg.bb89c041142a80bfdc3d2c078cee30fb.jpg

Newark Class 47 up Aug 77 J5734.jpg

David

Always liked Newark, with that 47 and almost ex-works 101 taken from the foot crossing. Amazingly the crossing was still open in 2006 albiet as steps over the wall either side of the line, hence the higher viewpoint in this image. Oh, and that brake first is round the wrong way again, or at the wrong end....

P5300604.JPG.26d5116f8f06c8a7ea6b88e75698d570.JPG

Regards,

Dave

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the ECML at Newark photo’s which yet again bring back such great memories. I particularly like J5742, at Newark, with Deltic, 55016, on an Aberdeen to Kings Cross service in August, 1977. Such a fantastic photo’ of a classic Deltic hauled train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Always liked Newark, with that 47 and almost ex-works 101 taken from the foot crossing. Amazingly the crossing was still open in 2006 albiet as steps over the wall either side of the line, hence the higher viewpoint in this image. Oh, and that brake first is round the wrong way again, or at the wrong end....

P5300604.JPG.26d5116f8f06c8a7ea6b88e75698d570.JPG

Regards,

Dave

I'm very surprised that crossing is still there.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With reference to picture J7094 on Page 602 (seem to have lost the post numbers with the new format), I wonder if the vertical posts on the end of the wagon originally extended below the buffer beam. Don't remember what their purpose was (narrow gauge buffers when on mixed gauge track?) but some old(er) coal wagons had that feature, the vertical posts being trimmed back later in life.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I think I’ve got the like clicked correctly, only I see the buttons have changed today;). Like someone else said, there’s no post numbers today either.

Anyway, I like the Troon photo’s, which are so full of interest. The second one is so different - a lovely reflective view in a window. 

And I love  the last one of 47406 WBHS Troon to Morpeth train, on the 9th May, 1987. A good photo’ which shows how the grey would often weather on blue  and grey coaching stock.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi, Dave. I think I’ve got the like clicked correctly, only I see the buttons have changed today;). Like someone else said, there’s no post numbers today either.

Anyway, I like the Troon photo’s, which are so full of interest. The second one is so different - a lovely reflective view in a window. 

And I love  the last one of 47406 WBHS Troon to Morpeth train, on the 9th May, 1987. A good photo’ which shows how the grey would often weather on blue  and grey coaching stock.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Apparently the Post Numbers are now a thing of the past, according to one Post I read, and I can't tell you where I read it, or a Post number, as there isn't / wasn't one. :o:search:

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Apparently the Post Numbers are now a thing of the past, according to one Post I read, and I can't tell you where I read it, or a Post number, as there isn't / wasn't one. :o:search:

I think we are just going to have to use page numbers. 

I suppose that is what we would do when referencing something from a book.

David

• Agree 3

14 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Now you will never know when you reach your millionth post.

Twenty five posts to a page - at least there was under the old format :-)

Therefore, Page 603, somewhere between post numbers 15051 and 15075.

The millionth post should be the last one on page 40000. A while yet...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Or get used to "Share this Post"

186123701_Sharethispost.jpg.bac45d243314a450eb39ecfa56dc0c66.jpg

- clicking the little blobs gives you a link to copy which you can then paste into your own post, either freestanding like this:

or as a URL (click "Display as link instead" as it renders the picture):

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85326-dave-fs-photos-ongoing-more-added-4th-february/&do=findComment&comment=3456825

or attached to some text like this (click the chain link button - 5th from the left in the edit box)

Methods 1 and 3 were in the old forum software too, although 3 was a bit under-used.

Of course none of that helps with previous entries referring to post NNN. Just as well most people have referred to DaveF's photos by his reference number.

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures David

I love the saltburn ones the colour makes it look like a period postcard

Real shame that the bridge ,ha'penny bridge was blown up in 1974.

Land slides and problems with mine water closed the miniature railway and the boating lake.

Thankfully the railway reopened on a new alignment on the south side of the valley, and luckily the cliff lift has survived too.

Those images remind me of being a small child as we lived there then 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s of Saltburn. They are indeed full interest, and I particularly like the first one of  the cliff railway, as it was back in August, 1965. It’s good to know that it has survived.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

It may have been cold, but that grim weather shows the units up against the greys, afterall, it was February. When I was a toddler living in Stockton we went to Redcar on May Day, we were on the beach when it started snowing.....

Will this affect your Flickr site in any way? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47130138

Regards,

Dave

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

It may have been cold, but that grim weather shows the units up against the greys, afterall, it was February. When I was a toddler living in Stockton we went to Redcar on May Day, we were on the beach when it started snowing.....

Will this affect your Flickr site in any way? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47130138

Regards,

Dave

I've just renewed my flickr subscription for a further 2 years, so the photos will remain visible and will still be added to.

David

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Looking at these photos of Grantham, it suddenly came back to me that there was at least one (maybe two?) LMS BG's complete with duckets on a siding on the down side of the station. Did anyone happen to grab a photo of them at all?

Andy G

• Thanks 1