Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

No two different Diagram types Type R and Type O see here for details https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/144/GWR-Steam-Railmotor

Thank you Graham

Most of the photos I’ve seen only show the SRM’s at the end in the very late 1920s early 1930s .

I wonder if the “mouldings “  changed from the earlier periods and amongst individuals over the years?

The RCTS booklet I have has very few illustrations.

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

Thank you Graham

Most of the photos I’ve seen only show the SRM’s at the end in the very late 1920s early 1930s .

I wonder if the “mouldings “  changed from the earlier periods and amongst individuals over the years?

The RCTS booklet I have has very few illustrations.

I've been looking at the photos in Russell's loco & coach books* and there is definitely variation amongst different members of the same diagram.

Maybe if part of a panel needs replacing, the position of the join and hence beading changes?

*A copy of Lewis's SRM book is on it's way after finding one at a transport bookshop at a reasonable price.:yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just found out that the Millwall Extension Railway briefly operated three ex-GWR railmotors so a good excuse for anyone modelling the railways of East London to buy one!

Apparently because they were both too long and too heavy for the line, nobody liked them. They didn't care.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 15/08/2021 at 22:08, RJS1977 said:

I've just found out that the Millwall Extension Railway briefly operated three ex-GWR railmotors so a good excuse for anyone modelling the railways of East London to buy one!

Apparently because they were both too long and too heavy for the line, nobody liked them. They didn't care.

I assume they got relegated ?

• Funny 6

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris Chewter said:

The railmotor was on display at the Great Electric Train Show this weekend:

F1502B47-88EB-4186-BD1D-58D18C15BF41.jpeg.f07e472995b1aed3ee559fafc3e7a996.jpeg

BF730CDE-F010-48D9-AE77-89D2034A8010.jpeg.236b79cd6422ac02cdad21103f80f1d0.jpeg

Yes, it was great to be reunited with the old fellow's again.

DSCN8044.JPG.e6ec601794616efe5d19d6e12b082fe5.JPG

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

There are a few vids on that well know site which also show it at the exhibition.

At the risk of causing a stampede did you get a "Brent Nod" as to when it may be arriving ? 

Asking for a friend.

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, bgman said:

There are a few vids on that well know site which also show it at the exhibition.

At the risk of causing a stampede did you get a "Brent Nod" as to when it may be arriving ? 

Asking for a friend.

@Graham_Muz was nowhere to be seen to have a chat with but I have a feeling they'll be a while yet. Your friend needs to start saving.:D

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

@Graham_Muz was nowhere to be seen to have a chat with but I have a feeling they'll be a while yet. Your friend needs to start saving.:D

Nowt new there then ! :lol:

Your friend needs to start saving.:D

He placed his order when they were first announced but as he's move onto BIG BOYS TRAINS I think it might just have a shelf life only ! 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bgman said:

Nowt new there then ! :lol:

Your friend needs to start saving.:D

He placed his order when they were first announced but as he's move onto BIG BOYS TRAINS I think it might just have a shelf life only ! 

No nothing new, except for the fact that this weekend was the first time they have ever been physically on display to the public. 

Of course nothing is happening behind the scenes in the development process... 

... except of course there is and further details will be revealed in due course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I've just this minute got home from being at GETS all weekend, I was busy running trains in Pete Watermans

West Coast Main Line layout which being so long I could easily have not been noticed ;) 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Kernow guys have 2 samples of the Railmotor on their stand at the Basingstoke show. It’s open tomorrow 10-4. 

They also have prints of the livery artwork as well as a selection of show special offers including EFE Rail Austerities at £99. 

813C5260-8BE7-4462-BAE2-E35DCC67EB27.jpeg.7e74306d72847066f724b9f457ad925f.jpeg

Worth a trip if you’re in or near the area. 

Edited by MrTea
Added photo
  • Like 2

It was good to have a close look at the EP version today, at Basingstoke, as well as seeing 4 versions of the paint schemes, which has now been signed off.  Looking forward to seeing the first painted versions before production can start.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, richard i said:

Am I missing where they are in the photo?

I might be being un observant 

richard 

It's our latest DCC stealth function F-35 that makes them invisible when photographed... 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

It's our latest DCC stealth function F-35 that makes them invisible when photographed... 

I’ll uncover it at Ally Pally then.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

Thanks Graham. What's the situation with progress on the model?

Sadly I wont be able to get over to an exhibition this year to talk to you in person.

Thanks, Neal.

• Friendly/supportive 1