Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium
On 21/09/2022 at 22:31, Harlequin said:

Thanks, Graham. My understanding is that speakers produce improved sound when they have a rigid sealed enclosure behind them.

Is it too late to consider this in the model?

Maybe a 3D-printed aftermarket insert to form a sealed enclosure might do the job.

Surely you need some sort of opening to allow the sound out!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Harlequin said:

😆

I believe the speaker faces downwards.

Or to put it another way, "The sound comes out the bottom."

Indeed the speaker faces downwards with holes in the underframe directly behind the power bogie, whilst not sealed the enclosed luggage compartment will act as a chamber but also still allow a view through the door droplights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to having my own number 93 running about for me. And am very impressed that the price has been kept despite what I imagine are mounting pressures to push it up. Good on Kernow here.

looking pretty spiffy too

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

These look wonderful. I’m glad I have delayed building the timber platforms for my version of Limpley Stoke, it looks as though the suspension on such a long carriage might need greater than normal platform clearances.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kernow MRC said:

Despite the current worldwide challenges KMRC are able to maintain keep the existing pricing of £189.99, reduced to £179.99 for pre-orders. The DCC sound fitted version is £299.99 reduced to £289.99 for pre-orders.

Given the current climate that is fantastic to hear, well done Kernow.

Really looking forward to receiving this, even if I can't now remember which one I ordered way back when! Pretty sure it was No97 in choccy & cream which is making me drool from looking at the pic.

Can I say up front that the American bogie on my one is broken and you'll need to send me a couple of spares? 😆

• Funny 3

12 minutes ago, 4069 said:

The relative proportions of the windows and the panels above them still look wrong, spoiling the look of the whole vehicle. Very disappointing, and I will be cancelling my order.

Your choice; strangely, there doesn't seem to be an outcry of objection to what you perceive.

CJI.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, 4069 said:

The relative proportions of the windows and the panels above them still look wrong, spoiling the look of the whole vehicle. Very disappointing, and I will be cancelling my order.

“Oh dear,how sad,never mind…..”. Quoting the late great Windsor Davies in BBC TV’s “It Ain’t Half Hot Mum” 🤣   The first tongue in cheek reaction then….

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Adding text
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Kernow MRC said:

Kernow Model Rail Centre announce that the eagerly awaited GWR Steam Railmotor in 00 gauge is now heading into production and that sound fitted versions are now available.

KMRC received decorated samples for evaluation in September, these also included some slight tooling amendments requested since the review of the first Engineering Prototypes. Whilst the review has highlighted a small number of minor corrections required these will incorporated during production. The final delivery schedule is still to be confirmed but is anticipated to be early 2023.

242396203_221013KMRCK2305_COMP.jpg.dd3a2c7c86cfadc6f44fdfa0991aadbd.jpg

DCC provision has been upgraded to Plux-22 and DCC sound fitted versions for each of the five liveries have now been added to the range. The KMRC Exclusive sound project has been produced in association with YouChoos and combines a dedicated sound file with a Zimo MS series decoder.
In addition to the sounds recorded from the preserved No. 93 GWR Steam Railmotor the sound file exclusively includes a range of station destination announcements matching the various alternative destination boards that will be supplied with each model that are chosen to align with the allocation of the specific Railmotor during the period for its livery.

Despite the current worldwide challenges KMRC are able to maintain keep the existing pricing of £189.99, reduced to £179.99 for pre-orders. The DCC sound fitted version is £299.99 reduced to £289.99 for pre-orders.
Customers with existing pre-orders are being contacted regarding upgrading to DCC Sound Fitted if they wish.

More details here https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/144/KMRC-Locomotive---GWR-Steam-Railmotor

Any chance of a side-on view, chaps?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 4069 said:

Your view, your layout, your cash. As with all these one-off models, I regard this as the only likely RTR model in my lifetime. Very, very few layouts actually need one of these - in contrast to, say, a pannier, which must be a staple for most GWR layouts - but the novelty value is enormous and I expect to be a happy customer. And having handled a PP model, they look gorgeous - but I am not qualified to attest to their accuracy. Pricing is pretty attractive, too, being comparable to three new passenger coaches. Which gives more bangs per buck? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 15

• RMweb Gold

@Graham_Muz @Kernow MRC

not sure if it is just me, but the web link for the fully lined sound fitted goes to the wrong version:

K2305SF GWR Steam Railmotor Dia. O Number 61 Sound Fitted (GWR Fully Lined Chocolate & Cream 1903 - 1908) £299.99 (£289.99 for pre-orders)

has this link:
https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/79048/K2304SF-GWR-Steam-Railmotor-Diagram-R-number-85-GWR-Crimson-Lake

This is the correct link:

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/79049/K2305sf-DJ-Models-GWR-Steam-Railmotor-number-61-in-GWR-Choc-Cream

Lovely looking models btw! 👍

16/11/2022: This now appears to be fixed.

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/144/KMRC-Locomotive---GWR-Steam-Railmotor

Edited by palmsticks
Updated weblink

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, palmsticks said:

not sure if it is just me, but the web link for the fully lined sound fitted goes to the wrong version:

K2305SF GWR Steam Railmotor Dia. O Number 61 Sound Fitted (GWR Fully Lined Chocolate & Cream 1903 - 1908) £299.99 (£289.99 for pre-orders)

has this link:
https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/79048/K2304SF-GWR-Steam-Railmotor-Diagram-R-number-85-GWR-Crimson-Lake

Did they same for Me too !Had to go direct from browser on Web to get correct one up!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 11/11/2022 at 11:05, Kernow MRC said:

Kernow Model Rail Centre announce that the eagerly awaited GWR Steam Railmotor in 00 gauge is now heading into production and that sound fitted versions are now available.

KMRC received decorated samples for evaluation in September, these also included some slight tooling amendments requested since the review of the first Engineering Prototypes. Whilst the review has highlighted a small number of minor corrections required these will incorporated during production. The final delivery schedule is still to be confirmed but is anticipated to be early 2023.

242396203_221013KMRCK2305_COMP.jpg.dd3a2c7c86cfadc6f44fdfa0991aadbd.jpg

DCC provision has been upgraded to Plux-22 and DCC sound fitted versions for each of the five liveries have now been added to the range. The KMRC Exclusive sound project has been produced in association with YouChoos and combines a dedicated sound file with a Zimo MS series decoder.
In addition to the sounds recorded from the preserved No. 93 GWR Steam Railmotor the sound file exclusively includes a range of station destination announcements matching the various alternative destination boards that will be supplied with each model that are chosen to align with the allocation of the specific Railmotor during the period for its livery.

Customers with existing pre-orders are being contacted regarding upgrading to DCC Sound Fitted if they wish.

More details here https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/144/KMRC-Locomotive---GWR-Steam-Railmotor

The 1912-1922 lake liveried examples number 85 & 93 is the lining gold or yellow?

From the photos the lining looks yellow but maybe thats just the colour balance on my device.

• RMweb Premium

I've been poring over the various photographs in Lewis and elsewhere and can't find anything glaringly obvious.

The windows/panels look OK to me, even if there is a fraction of a mm error!

They're probably more accurate than a lot of other stuff for sale.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4