Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

file-20200330-173620-1q1nz5d-01-01.jpeg

Same old........

Aren't you due your annual short back and sides any time now ?  Your cousins who live near the manor house have had theirs.

Adrian

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

A contradiction in tins...

74163.jpg?auto=format&w=600&h=450&fit=fi

Appropriately for this diversion from the central wooly discussion, the famous (or infamous) wartime veggie pie was named Woolton after the Minister for Food in WW2.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Just been catching up on your thread Rob, hope you've recovered from your jab? The IoW always looks a good idea for modelling so I'll look forward to seeing tings progress, does this mean you've moved away from the Essex/Suffolk area or is that on hold for the time being? 

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Just been catching up on your thread Rob, hope you've recovered from your jab? The IoW always looks a good idea for modelling so I'll look forward to seeing tings progress, does this mean you've moved away from the Essex/Suffolk area or is that on hold for the time being? 

Morning Steve. Yes, seemingly all good now. 

The Great Eastern project is going on hold for a bit. I'll hold onto the buildings and stock for when I am once more that way inclined. 

I've been interested in the Isle of Wight for a while but not to the point of wanting to build a layout. When Hornby released their IoW tooled Terriers it got me thinking more seriously about it. 

It will probably  take me a while to get going as I have no suitable stock to run with said Terriers and I would like one more for variety. So, whilst there will be updates as I go, I have decided not to rush this. 

In the interim, we MAY see another small, goods only Southern region layout emerge.........NOT Isle of Wight  based for which I have stock, locos AND buildings more or less ready to go................

smiling-sheep-gary-canant.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

It's all about choice.

I still have some decent veggy sausages left in the freezer from the most recent lot I bought on impulse.

Mai  I recommend those produced by "The Vegetarian Butcher) (usual disclaimer). 

Alex

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

In the interim, we MAY see another small, goods only Southern region layout emerge.........NOT Isle of Wight  based for which I have stock, locos AND buildings more or less ready to go................

It could be my smallest yet.........it might include water.........it will feature very small tank engines.......and few points.....

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It could be my smallest yet.........it might include water.........it will feature very small tank engines.......and few points.....

A tiny island nation modelled in 'T' gauge, featuring a circle of track, serving the various palm trees on the coast?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

A tiny island nation modelled in 'T' gauge, featuring a circle of track, serving the various palm trees on the coast?

Morning CK, 

I regret to confirm and should  maintain that this is delivered in such a manner so as to promote the avoidance of doubt, in the first part aforementioned, which should be taken  in the right spirit and circumstance, and therefore could  be considered as to infere, in  both  the spirit of presenting same in a forthright and foremost manner in the second part, there shall be nothing seemingly so small as to deliver any such malcious or otherwise form of troubling trifles on any levels so as may cause grievous troublement or impairment of a suitably similar severity to either ocular or cutaneous functionality. 

I thank you. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning CK, 

I regret to confirm and should  maintain that this is delivered in such a manner so as to promote the avoidance of doubt, in the first part aforementioned, which should be taken  in the right spirit and circumstance, and therefore could  be considered as to infere, in  both  the spirit of presenting same in a forthright and foremost manner in the second part, there shall be nothing seemingly so small as to deliver any such malcious or otherwise form of troubling trifles on any levels so as may cause grievous troublement or impairment of a suitably similar severity to either ocular or cutaneous functionality. 

I thank you. 

Rob.

Edited 15 minutes ago by NHY 581
Clarity

Edited for clarity? You cannot be serious!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Having lived on the island for a while I shall be interested to se what you do.

We walked loads of the old lines which are now cycleways. Perhaps the easiest way to model them saves building or buying stock.

Don

• Funny 5

Morning CK, 

I thank you. 

Rob. 

You're definitely feeling better !

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

ISTR someone describing Stanley Unwin as having "slaked his thirst at the fountain of knowledge - and become slightly drunk in the process".

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, bgman said:

You're definitely feeling better !

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am de facto feeling better or not as the case may or may not be. Pro rata, in all probability, I am, though this is not an unreserved position in which I may or may not find myself in and therefore such said position may well be the subject of revision, or not,  as or when such position is influenced by as yet to be established variable factors. 

Edited by NHY 581
Further clarity for the avoidance of doubt.
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

11 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am de facto feeling better or not as the case may or may not be. Pro rata, in all probability, I am, though this is not an unreserved position in which I may or may not find myself in and therefore such said position may well be the subject of revision, or not,  as or when such position is influenced by as yet to be established variable factors. 

Aah ! I believe the technical medical term is......Kernowitis Capitanious frequently caught through the written word and easily caught on web sites !

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

It sounds to me like a well known affliction rife among civil servants whereby the afflicted person cannot ever even under extreme duress allow to pass from there lips anything that may seem in anyway to indicate a preference for any one choice of action over any other. All comments are given with the express intention of covering all possible courses without favour so that full responsibility for any descision taken based on any information believed to be given in the response is wholly down to the person or person posing the questions. 

Our motto

Never Knowingly Understood.

Don

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Donw said:

It sounds to me like a well known affliction rife among civil servants whereby the afflicted person cannot ever even under extreme duress allow to pass from there lips anything that may seem in anyway to indicate a preference for any one choice of action over any other. All comments are given with the express intention of covering all possible courses without favour so that full responsibility for any descision taken based on any information believed to be given in the response is wholly down to the person or person posing the questions. 

Our motto

Never Knowingly Understood.

Don

No dispute with that, Don, but as someone pointed out to me many years ago, civil servants are infinitely easier to work with than their paymasters, the elected representatives of the people!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1