1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Hogg.

I drove through Wool today, how about that?

Will that warrant a new thread ?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

I do hope you'll be using an Ifor Williams Trailer to bring them Sheep up to Armitage Rob.:yahoo:

Looking forward to seeing this creation, and giving it some Ticks:D.

Hope I don't get Fleeced with the Entry Fee.:fie: .

• Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Or sarcoptic mange mites?  I don't really know what these are but they sound very unpleasant.  I am aware of them because of my dad's insistence on listening to the weekly ITV farming weather forecast because he said it was the best one of the week despite being a lifelong townie.  The farming orientated adverts included one for a treatment for sarcoptic mange mites, just as we were all sitting down to Sunday dinner, all the more pertinent if it was lamb...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, mullie said:

Wool is not that interesting, simply a place to pass through.

Isn't there a pub called the Ship? ISTR lunching there after a site meeting or similar, and colleagues seemed to 'know' the place.

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Isn't there a pub called the Ship? ISTR lunching there after a site meeting or similar, and colleagues seemed to 'know' the place.

At the Wool pub, was Pearl one of your colleagues?

A. Pattern

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

I expect some clown will suggest that they have a model of The Needles on their layout. What gauge may that be? 

Blue Tongue was a challenging Layout to look at but it was vetted by various bods.

A. Dipper.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

At the Wool pub, was Pearl one of your colleagues?

A. Pattern

No recollection of that name. My visit would have been circa 1984, when Bournemouth - Weymouth electrification was being examined in detail ahead of authority. 

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

No recollection of that name. My visit would have been circa 1984, when Bournemouth - Weymouth electrification was being examined in detail ahead of authority. 

So it was all your fault that the Bagpipes were silenced. No more Tartan on the main. Such a sad outfit. We're you buttonholed by any irate relatives of Cromton?

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I see I've been beaten to it by the usual suspects... :D

However, I'd just like to add my thanks for your time today Rob, it's been great to meet you and chat, and wonderful to see Mutton in all its glory.

I'll put some photos up on the Mutton thread.

Al.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Great day at the Armitage Small Layouts Show today, and most of it spent chatting to Rob and mesmerised by the superb build quality and running on Mutton.

Peace and tranquillity by the bucket load.

Thanks Rob for your time to chat today mate.

IMG_8227.JPG.5f7887cb89b7a789c8f00b335e7aa307.JPG

IMG_8198.JPG.5d8919fecbc6093b7e776ceef1034a04.JPG

IMG_8228.JPG.7ff934dafd789a1b6359e1cd9751fd65.JPG

It was a pleasure to see you, Andy and to meet George. 

I'm so very glad you enjoyed Mutton. There were some very fine layouts at the show. 

3 hours ago, Anotheran said:

Great to meet you at the Armitage show Rob. Mutton in the flesh is even more atmosphericly impressive than in your photos. Thanks too for talking to the kids.

20190608_105101.jpg

20190608_104948.jpg

20190608_104954_003.jpg

Kind regards, Neil

Lovely to meet you and the little ones Neil. They were a delight.  Mutton is at a height which is not easy for the little people to see in. I shall remember to take a 'step' with me next time. 

3 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

I see I've been beaten to it by the usual suspects... :D

However, I'd just like to add my thanks for your time today Rob, it's been great to meet you and chat, and wonderful to see Mutton in all its glory.

I'll put some photos up on the Mutton thread.

Al.

Great to meet up Al. The day flew by courtesy of everyone who dropped by to chat. 

I'm so pleased Mutton didn't disappoint. 

The show was lovely, one of the nicest I have attended and very pleased to be part of, given the standard of layouts displayed there today. 

Top drawer indeed. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

Rob, my apologies, but in the 248 pages of the thread I've been unable to find what piece of Ikea furniture you used for Mutton's baseboard - would you be so kind as to remind me please? And if you wouldn't mind could you let me know the dimensions too please?

Some lovely pictures of your lovely layout by the show attendees! :)

ATVB

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Morning Keith. 

Mutton's scenic baseboard is the larger of the two tables in the 'LACK' nest of tables. It is 120cm long, 40cm wide and 5cm deep. 

The smaller table is 60cm long, 40cm wide and 5cm deep. 

Current prices are £25 the pair. 

The fiddle yards are LACK TV bench. It is 90cm long x 26cm wide x 5cm deep. 

Currently £9 each. 

The baseboards attracted a lot of positive comment at the show yesterday and I spent an enjoyable amount of time explaining things. 

As an aside, it appears you are not alone. More than a few RMweb types at the show yesterday told me they had looked at this thread and struggled to find details of the layouts, the stock and the modelling in general. 

The modelling content does get somewhat diluted at times. 

I am posting less at present due to work and family stuff and as a consequence even I sometimes struggle to work out where I left off.

With a new layout potentially in the offing, I am trying to work out where best to post progress...........if at all. Bleat was a bit easier as it has it's own thread both here and on another forum so stands alone to a certain extent.  

If in doubt, rather than waste time trawling through it all, just PM me. 

Rob. 

lack-nest-of-tables-set-of-2-grey__0494724_pe627328_s4.jpg

lack-tv-bench-black__0644748_pe702932_s31.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
photos added
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8