Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Quite right Jeremy.

Anyway it seems Bernard has a set of grilles so they will also be winging their way to me too!

Just need to build up the romanian bufferbeam cowls too now! Blumming Dapol!

Edited by RBE

The 31 was numbered for Millers Dale in 1988. By 1990 the loco became 31545 and was indeed off Bescot. I'm a little stuck with 445 now though as the numbers are varnished in. I am running 45110 though so a little flexibility of era span is called for.

I have enough mk2 air con stock to run a couple of sets plus a couple of intercity exec mk1s which I have no idea what to do with to be honest. I also have a short rake of parcels coaches and an hst set which I am adding my etched window frames to.

• Like 1

The intercity exec actually quite suited the Mk 1s. I'd keep them for now and perhaps in the future,when you've got the more pressing stock out of the way, obtain a few more and make up a nice charter rake. A charter rake is always good as gives you the ability to run something out of the ordinary and get away with it. We've all got our favourites which don't really fit in with our layouts location so the perfect excuse to run them.

IC MK1s could turn up with short rakes of blue grey stock too. Would look ok with your Peak on the front. There were plenty of loco hauled DMU replacements about in 88 Derby  always had a few loco hauled workings in the area.

Cheers Peter.

Indeed. The peak on dmu replacement was on my cards. I just wasnt sure whether IC mk1s would be on them as they would have been run by provincial at the time. Would be a nice short rake of 3 or 4 coaches too which is nice.

Hi Cav,

I can certainly remember a scratch rake of Mk1 stock including IIRC 2-3 Intercity liveried Mk1's being hauled by a 31/4 working a Liverpool to Preston around 88-89, I actually travelled on it - quite a surprise instead of the usual 142!, during DMU shortages and that was a Provincial diagram.

Cheers

Simon

Couple of pics of dmu replacements at Derby. These are both on Crewe to Derby services which would not have gone through Burton on Trent but I can easily imagine a replacement service on the Birmingham to Nottingham run.

post-6894-0-32604500-1445797823_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-74440400-1445797902_thumb.jpg

The 47 has stock containing intercity Mk1s and provincial mk2As. The 31 is towing BR blue mk2As.

• Like 5

Couple of pics of dmu replacements at Derby. These are both on Crewe to Derby services which would not have gone through Burton on Trent but I can easily imagine a replacement service on the Birmingham to Nottingham run.

attachicon.gif2015-10-25_06-26-10.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-10-25 18.31.20.jpg

The 47 has stock containing intercity Mk1s and provincial mk2As. The 31 is towing BR blue mk2As.

That will add some variety. I do like mixed liveried rakes.