Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

A little more tonight on the offices and I think they are done except for weathering and signage.

post-6894-0-26644600-1462925907_thumb.jpg

After a little research is seems that this building was purpose built in 1989 for Normans Musical Instruments and was a warehouse, shop and office for them until 2007. Here's how it was in 1989, It seems that they liked their window blinds, in my case they have been left open :D

post-6894-0-82022200-1462925904.jpg

I feel a little more attached to the building now that I know what it was!

• Like 9

Hi Cav,

Those buildings are very good and will look great alongside the line complimenting the railway.  What did you use to make the building shell  card/ plasticard?

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

Thanks Lee. The main shell is made from 1mm thick grey card which I love for building structures. This has been overlaid with ribbed plasticard for the upper section and roof and printed brickpaper for the lower sides. The windows are clear styrene sheet with mircostrip frames painted red prior to application.

Cheers buddy. Pretty pleased with it. Shouldn't be to long before I fit ot to the layout. Will look good with the trains running past the back of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok some final pics of the music warehouse. Weathered the roof, added a little green alge to the gutters and mounted the signs. I promise no more of this until its on the layout!

post-6894-0-76074200-1463680951_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-91485300-1463680966_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-29343900-1463680979_thumb.jpg

Also thought that you might like this. It's not for me but would be awesone on the BBAs that I am building at the moment. Just a renumber, bogie raise and weather on this. I have done the bogie raise since this photo was taken but still have the weathering to finish off. I'll stick on a crafty pic once its done!

post-6894-0-80784100-1463681252.jpg

• Like 18

Cheers Jeremy. Yes I might just pose them on the layout prior to sending them off! I have a second 37 staying as 514 to complete the pair so might pose a double header!

• Like 1

I have indeed. I now have a rake of 10 wagons. I have built 5 of them so far and may take the rest with me on holiday this week to finish off. I also have a rake of 10 Dapol hoods so can potentially do a very long rake of mixed steel if I ever see fit.

• Like 2

I actually got the ones I'm building from a friend but I did get a response from Simon at Slimrails when I enquired. Email is slimrails@btinternet.com.

The wagons are £10.50 each plus £3 postage per order.

They are lovely kits that build up easily in no time at all. You do need wheels though and I found that the new RP25 farish disc wheels fit perfectly.

Cheers Tom. Looking forward to cracking on. Taking a wee break in Scotland for the week this week though so no progress I'm afraid until I get back!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheer buddy. The kit says that it was produced without stancions because the maker rarely saw them in service with them. A browse through Paul Bartletts site and on google tells the opposite story so I decided to add them. They do add a touch of realism I feel.

Offices look superb Cav, I look forward to seeing a pair of Thornaby's finest 37/5s passing them on the BBAs.

Seeing your BBAs has reminded me that I have 23 of the Cambrian kits awaiting the bogies to be made up and added. I started on those 6 years ago! Cannot believe where the time has gone.

Nice 20 with ploughs in the background.

• Like 1

Cheers Alex. 23 of those would be a very long train in 4mm scale! I have 10 as you can see but I will probably also throw in a few coil hood wagons with them from time to time if I want a longer consist.

I thought that you may have noticed the 20s. They are sat there following a prelim weathering. It shouldn't be too long before they are done and on their way down to Boxenby TMD for an exam!

Edited by RBE

This was the motivation behind the idea to model 23 BBAs;

866V2305s.jpg

Always nice to see a class 60 pulling a long block train. Prior to the Boxenby depot concept of course, hence the lack of progress on them for the past 6 years!

A few Bachmann BAAs and some hood wagons will make a nice mixed steel.

I do like the sound of that! Any chance of a photo teaser?!!

• Like 3

Ahh very nice. I will be adding some slab to mine I think.

I haven't taken any progress shots of the ploughed ones yet. I will do some later. I of course sent you the others without ploughs previously.