Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Couple of pics of dmu replacements at Derby. These are both on Crewe to Derby services which would not have gone through Burton on Trent but I can easily imagine a replacement service on the Birmingham to Nottingham run.

2015-10-25_06-26-10.jpg

2015-10-25 18.31.20.jpg

The 47 has stock containing intercity Mk1s and provincial mk2As. The 31 is towing BR blue mk2As.

Those pictures look really cool. Looks like the 31 is hauling Mk2Bs though.

Keep up the good work. Loving how your layout is coming together.

Yes they are 2Bs. I was being a little slack at the time, I said 2A to simply imply that they were the none air conditioned versions rather than the later mk 2D/E/F air con stock.

Its nice to get some progress done on the layout, thanks for following. Next on the agenda are the walls beside the station and the support columns for the bridge/station building. I can then get some ballast down after that.

Morning Cav

Just having a catch up and the layouts really coming along in leaps and bounds now mate. Looks great and I love the little brick building Thought I might get some modelling time over Christmas but ended up with a nice little number at work instead. Ended up taking some guys out route learning Shrewsbury instead, with the bonus of using 47812!! 

Hope you had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

All the best

Marcus

• Like 1

I picked it up from Barrow Hill on Tuesday so apologies for not letting you know. Came through Chesterfield around midday. The plan was to use a pair of 20's but the fuel range wasn't great enough for what we wanted to do. It worked out quite nicely in the end. Unfortunately I only got a couple of pictures mainly due to the weather being abysmal although there's several on Flickr that other people have taken on the rare occasion when the sun did appear.

Only trouble when you're out with classic traction is you end up with pictures like this sometimes. They weren't both my cups of coffee...........Honest!! :whistle:

And that definitely isn't a bacon sandwich in my mouth. :laugh:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136108234@N04/24002024221/in/photolist-CyYDzP-CG9PnM-BJLoCP-CCLEYW-CCFLDd-Cvq3b5-BGWbrB-BGajfo-BGhGQD-Cu4Mph-BK8kDS-CE5AGY-Cx3Wkr-BG7eCo-CDwQq2-CvR4ga-Cc1M1h-CD9cNt-C5CdgZ-CD8srZ-BFyvKh-BFAKH2-CAFpfy-CCPPTx-CA4ZUL-hojsrK-C15RCG-BVo3Eh-BonHaK-BHiWn7-CbUnbL-BzrAFt-Cqr82E-BPDjQj-BPDjK9-C3aA6D-AZsTN7-AZsP4C-BUPnQx-Bmihg2-AXhLsN-AXhvV1-BKcmcA-BGV4s7-BiZpSn-BimSAr-BQJ5Pc-Bhd576-BoAabf-ATcQBJ

• Like 1

I was never a fan of the Duffs back in the day but the fact they are still around proves they were a good loco. I started to like them more after a few cab rides in and around Eastleigh. I had a rough sounding RES liv loco one day. we were pulling trains over the Romsey Branch one day 36 LPG tanks and a class 60 at the other end, despite being in poor health we pulled the train no problem once we got traction.

Layout is looking great too Cav.

Happy New Year, cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Must admit I sort have a Love hate relationship with them. Hated them in my bashing days when they turned up on a train when you were expecting something else but, from a driving point of view, apart from being a bit drafty they aren't a bad loco at all. Not bad for a 50+ year old loco.

• 1 month later...

Spent a few hours ballasting yesterday. Managed to get 1 board. Done. There are a few tiny bits that I managed to miss somehow but I'll go back and add ballast into those prior to airbrushing. The airbrushing is when the ballasting will really come alive. It's all a bit 'straight out of the bag' at the moment. I've tried to give variation in coluring by using 2 types of ballast and a smattering of grey sand. Getting there but a fair way to go.

post-6894-0-66697500-1455532878_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks Paul/Jeremy. Not 100% happy yet but I will be once I've added airbrushed colour.

As for N2 I am using standard 2mm ass. Easitrac for the plain track narrowing at the pointwork.

There isn't much standard spaced tra k on BoT but the small portion near shobnall road bridge is done to 25mm for the main lines and 30mm for the loops to main I believe.

Good to see you back mate and, by the looks of things, getting your teeth straight back in to it. The ballast is definitely bringing the track work to life. Nice bit of greenery added as well by the looks of things. Much like PDW over the last couple of days. Have hit that hard as well while I've had the time. Will stick up a few pics in a bit.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus. Yes I took the opportunity to add some ground foliage while I was dripping watered down pva around. I will probably airbrush some dull green onto the ground there when I get around to colouring. The area is already coated in a dark brown scatter so once sprayed with greyish brown and greens shiuld hopefully replicate the neglected area between the tracks there a treat.