KERNOW TODAY

• RMweb Premium

Is the Saturdays Only loco hauled running this year by any chance?

It sure is.  Slightly different arrangements this year.  ECS Long Rock - Par as before then in service Par - Plymouth.  Waits about an hour then continues Plymouth - Exeter under a different headcode.  Evening Exeter - Penzance trip much as previous years.

• RMweb Premium

Nice shot with the wheel house in the back ground brings back memories of many trips to Cornwall. Nice to see the retro livery again I remember it the first time round. Looks strange with it coupled to dynamic lines coaches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

W43002 has been on the up Hind most days this week. 0505 ex PZ.

First of the summer saturday 57 LHCS locals runs tomorrow...... .

Thanks for the updates Paul. I hope W43002 is still about when I'm down there later in the  year.

• RMweb Premium

Last Monday I left the house at 5am and drove 48 miles across Cornwall for a shot I've been eager to attempt for quite some time. 57604 passes Trerulefoot between St Germans and Menheniot with the down Night Riviera. 

attachicon.giftrerulefoot-RM.jpg

Are those your wheel tracks Keith?????

• RMweb Premium

Last Monday I left the house at 5am and drove 48 miles across Cornwall for a shot I've been eager to attempt for quite some time. 57604 passes Trerulefoot between St Germans and Menheniot with the down Night Riviera. 

attachicon.giftrerulefoot-RM.jpg

Living about 10 minutes down the road from there, I've seen that spot many times but I've never seen a photo taken from there.

Yours proves beyond doubt its a total winner!

Very nice, I'm impressed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is that a possible replacement for the 57s?

No Rich.

The plan is to run a rake of 4 or 5 MK2's with 68's in top & tail mode. This is to temporarily replace the NMT which is undergoing some maintenance apparently.

Toward the end of June.

I doubt we'll ever see 68's as 57 replacements on the beds anytime soon, far to expensive to hire in comparison as well as a higher RA number.

No Rich.

The plan is to run a rake of 4 or 5 MK2's with 68's in top & tail mode. This is to temporarily replace the NMT which is undergoing some maintenance apparently.

Toward the end of June.

I doubt we'll ever see 68's as 57 replacements on the beds anytime soon, far to expensive to hire in comparison as well as a higher RA number.

Surely if they are OK for the NMT then they are OK for the sleeper? I'll accept they are more expensive, but the 57's seem unreliable and must be towards the end of their lives.

Ed