KERNOW TODAY

• RMweb Premium

Craig, from the photographers point of view you may not like the mist, but it made for a gorgeous picture of the Fowey with nary a ripple on the water.

Brian

"Like" is not good enough by some measure.  Proper job, Craig.  Handy to know the local farmers and be granted permission to access fields though eh?  

"Like" is not good enough by some measure.  Proper job, Craig.  Handy to know the local farmers and be granted permission to access fields though eh?  

Just think, Rick.  Soon you will able you take such pictures of your own! 

Brian.

Hi mate. Yes Frank is a grand chap. He sometimes whizzes up there on his quad bike. The cows are a challenge. They were happily grazing in the mist in the top of the adjacent field. I quietly closed the intermediate gate as they ambled across - very curious animals. They gathered at the gate and one or two starting mooing loudly in protest. How do you "Shush" a herd of cows? They mooched back to their grazing and I concentrated on the pictures. I DID re-open the gate of course...

There is a series of FP's along the area, but you have to be mindful of animals etc...

Edited by winterbournecm
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Its been a silly situation there.

Traffic has been diverted down that road,

away from the town centre,

but there's been road works with traffic lights,

near the bridge as well.

Bad planning somewhere,

• RMweb Premium

The roadworks in Bodmin are the stuff of nightmares and are set to go on for months.  There have been many vociferous complaints.  The diversions are causing mayhem.  Cornwall Council is almost universally loathed as they seem to engage in one almighty cockerel-up after another.  

The bus driver also has to wear some responsibility even if directed to use that road.  There is a height warning in the cab of every double-deck bus and none of them is as low as 4.1m or 13' 3" (if I read the sign correctly) as per that bridge.  Hopefully the height warning sign was as prominent on the approach side as on the exit side shown.

• RMweb Gold

Cornwall is not getting a 30 minute headway service, it is getting 2 trains an hour, one fast and one stopper, they most definitely wont be 30 minutes apart except maybe at a coupe of stations where the timetable just happens to work out that way.

During all the discussions on setting the remit for the Plymouth & Cornwall resignalling (which is now, for the present, 'amended' to additional signals controlled by the existing boxes), I made it very clear that the design should allow for charter paths between Plymouth and Penzance. This was fully supported and desired by DB Schenker (as was) and WCR.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Currently sat next to platform four getting ready for the trip out tomorrow morning, a beautiful sight. I'll post here some of the better photos I took on my phone, I've yet to get the ones off the proper camera and they'll be too large to post tonight.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

It really was a lovely sight, Braunton is great but it's nice to see something other than that come down here for a change

How gratifying to see one of those sidings there being used for this purpose. It was necessary to make quite a fuss at one point during the discussions on the remit and design for the Plymouth and Cornwall resignalling, to leave sufficient siding capacity down there at Penzance. Certain individuals were keen to remove far too much infrastructure. One of those sidings next to platform 4 will now remain, and charter use was one of the requirements cited.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Farewell September then. A superb month weather & rail activity wise. Topped off with blistering light today with light clouds.

First shot of 43125 1A81 passing Hallenbeagle mine at Scorrier,

attachicon.gifbrea and scorrier (13).jpeg

Then later in the afternoon down to Golant for 6G08 with 66023. High tide too....

attachicon.gif66023 golant (1).jpeg

Beautiful photos as always Craig. The one of the engine house is going into the reference files for when the little Bachmann model is placed on the low hill behind Pentowan station throat...

Thank you.

• Like 3

From the photos, it looks like he was exiting the people's republic of Kernow. He he!!

Wrong my beauty, I was walking backwards !

Now fully ensconced in Truro and treating myself to a trip to Kernow Model shop tomorrow :)

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Wrong my beauty, I was walking backwards !

Now fully ensconced in Truro and treating myself to a trip to Kernow Model shop tomorrow :)

Excellent - I hope you didn't encounter that halfwit on the barrier at Truro who got rather nasty with me 10 days back - absolute idiot he was and very rude with it.  Many happy returns for tomorrow.  And has the food fair finished?