7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

Don't be silly, the weather is bad. Damian is lucky to have a pub to visit. We have 3 pubs in the village and two are shut for re-furb. Guess we will have to cook our own Sunday dinner.

Loconuts

I've always thought three pubs in a village is the optimum.

Our village has none!

• RMweb Premium

I've always thought three pubs in a village is the optimum.

Our village has none!

Ours has three within a mile. The furthest is the most stable and average. The other two are much nearer but regularly change hands and spend long periods closed.

Considering the amount of alcohol consumed during this build, the carpentry looks remarkably square and level.....

Its good to see proper wood being used without apology, I think a mixture of good quality timber and ply is the best way to go for long-lasting boards. I have used all-ply in the past and found it has a tendency to come un-glued in time, and ply will still warp if not sufficiently braced. Find a good timber merchant (a proper one - not the big tin sheds) and it pays dividends in the long run.

Looks like the job will be done just in time for the release of the EDM L&B loco kit....... :mosking: 

Steve

• Like 1

Considering the amount of alcohol consumed during this build, the carpentry looks remarkably square and level.....

Its good to see proper wood being used without apology, I think a mixture of good quality timber and ply is the best way to go for long-lasting boards. I have used all-ply in the past and found it has a tendency to come un-glued in time, and ply will still warp if not sufficiently braced. Find a good timber merchant (a proper one - not the big tin sheds) and it pays dividends in the long run.

Looks like the job will be done just in time for the release of the EDM L&B loco kit....... :mosking:

Steve

Point of order, the alcohol always comes after the woodwork.

Yes I'm looking forward to the EDM kit, hopefully It'll be out soon...