Dapol 08

Kickstart

I'm working with Steve at Railtec on it. He's looking to produce a numbering set and asked if there should be any other details included. Im not knowledgeable enough on such things hence the request to the forum for any information that can assist in this.

Does Fox Transfers do 08 Number's? As I'm starting to lose patience with waiting for Railtecs reply, I know they say they are busy but I have been waiting since March, maybe it's because my names not Pete Waterman.

• RMweb Premium

Does Fox Transfers do 08 Number's? As I'm starting to lose patience with waiting for Railtecs reply, I know they say they are busy but I have been waiting since March, maybe it's because my names not Pete Waterman.

Have you seen the railtec page under small suppliers? Complete list of their transfers and a plea to not chase as they are swamped trying to bring out new requests.

• RMweb Premium

I'd be checking you sent your request in correctly. I'm in New Zealand and any correspondence I have with Steve is always replied to within a day or two. Have had much worse from other places.

Are you looking for transfers for a BR blue Class 08? As I posted here some weeks ago, you can get a complete loco set from Railtec made specifically for the Dapol loco custom made for your loco number and depot. Look at Product code: 7mm-C0804. Just go to Steve's website and order, there is a few days wait whilst he makes them.

Steve

• Like 1

I've just received the etches for the guard irons. I won't have a chance to even look at them till after the weekend (Railex!) At which time I will test fit a set on a loco to make sure they're right. Assuming they are, I'll THEN take orders

Best

Giles

Have you seen the railtec page under small suppliers? Complete list of their transfers and a plea to not chase as they are swamped trying to bring out new requests.

I'd be checking you sent your request in correctly. I'm in New Zealand and any correspondence I have with Steve is always replied to within a day or two. Have had much worse from other places.

Are you looking for transfers for a BR blue Class 08? As I posted here some weeks ago, you can get a complete loco set from Railtec made specifically for the Dapol loco custom made for your loco number and depot. Look at Product code: 7mm-C0804. Just go to Steve's website and order, there is a few days wait whilst he makes them.

Steve

Hi Guys,

Yes I am aware of the lists, and maybe because I have an unnumbered plain green shunter is the reason why there are no transfers available. I did send a request and also was given a '' ticket number '', and I understand that he is busy, but I sent my request back in March.

Thanks for all the advice it is most appreciated.

Martyn.

Hi Guys,

Yes I am aware of the lists, and maybe because I have an unnumbered plain green shunter is the reason why there are no transfers available. I did send a request and also was given a '' ticket number '', and I understand that he is busy, but I sent my request back in March.

Thanks for all the advice it is most appreciated.

Martyn.

I enquired in December and have a ticket number and heard nothing so I phoned in March. He could not give a time scale and have still heard nothing.

I enquired in December and have a ticket number and heard nothing so I phoned in March. He could not give a time scale and have still heard nothing.

Railtec were very quick when we used them... ;-)

I think you have just caught them at a busy time..

• Like 1

IMG_2445_zpsxlo4blyu.jpg

Guard Irons are now available - £4 plus £1 P&P (up to six etches)

I've fitted a set to a Dapol 08 I just 'happened' to have lying around, and they fit fine.

The Rear irons need a typical 'set' bending in to bring them over the rail head. The front pair need a curve bending in to wrap them around the mis-placed cylinder that is otherwise obstructing them, before bringing back over the rail head. There is sufficient length in the etch to take this into account.

SEE PHOTOs

I use 90 second epoxy to fix the Irons, but anything appropriate will do.

The scrap part of the etch is neatly 90 degrees, and can be used as squares for assembling kits or what-have-you, or for any other purposes.....

If you'd like some, please Paypal me at giles@gilesfavell.com with the correct total, including your address (Paypal does not always include this)

Best

Giles

IMG_2438_zpslagpuh6h.jpg

]

IMG_2440_zpsav10czzy.jpg

IMG_0881_zpstkmekqoo.jpg

IMG_0879_zps1saoizbm.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 4

IMG_2445_zpsxlo4blyu.jpg

I've fitted a set to a Dapol 08 I just 'happened' to have lying around, and they fit fine.

The Rear irons need a typical 'set' bending in to bring them over the rail head. The front pair need a curve bending in to wrap them around the mis-placed cylinder that is otherwise obstructing them, before bringing back over the rail head. There is sufficient length in the etch to take this into account.

SEE PHOTOs

I use 90 second epoxy to fix the Irons, but anything appropriate will do.

The scrap part of the etch is neatly 90 degrees, and can be used as squares for assembling kits or what-have-you, or for any other purposes.....

If you'd like some, please Paypal me at giles@gilesfavell.com with the correct total, including your address (Paypal does not always include this)

Best

Giles

IMG_2438_zpslagpuh6h.jpg

]

IMG_2440_zpsav10czzy.jpg

IMG_0881_zpstkmekqoo.jpg

IMG_0879_zps1saoizbm.jpg

Hi Giles,

Cracking work - your loco really looks the part!

I have sent a payment via Paypal.

Thank you so much for doing this for all of us, I, for one, greatly, appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

CME

• RMweb Premium

Cool - a virtual fiver is on it's way to you via Paypal, Giles.

Lifting rings next? (he asked, hopefully) ;)

IMG_2445_zpsxlo4blyu.jpg

Best

Giles

Hi Giles,

My Guard-Irons arrived today, during my lunch break, superb service and the hints and tips, Links on the compliments slip etc? A man after my own heart! Very thoughtful, thank you.

I shall compile a few more bits for my 08, ie driver, decoder etc and then set to work.

In the meantime more garden rly track fettling to do.

Kindest regards,

CME

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Giles,

My Guard-Irons arrived today, during my lunch break, superb service and the hints and tips, Links on the compliments slip etc? A man after my own heart! Very thoughtful, thank you.

I shall compile a few more bits for my 08, ie driver, decoder etc and then set to work.

Kindest regards,

CME

If you are looking for a driver, superbly painted.. Then...

Try Cice arts, they are superb, and the cheapest by far...

Just type in figure painting 7mm and you should find them...

This is what you want...

http://artcice.wixsite.com/cice

I'm sure you'll like what you see... Or call /email them as their range changes daily...

Hi Giles,

Kindest regards,

CME

If you are looking for a driver, superbly painted.. Then...

Try Cice arts, they are superb, and the cheapest by far...

Just type in figure painting 7mm and you should find them...

This is what you want...

http://artcice.wixsite.com/cice

I'm sure you'll like what you see... Or call /email them as their range changes daily...

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I used to paint military figures and D&D stuff yet Ive not got around to painting the 7mm figures I have.....too many other things to build to make a 7mm model rly.

So I ended up purchasing some of the detailed miniatures figures and they are superb.

Looking at the site that you recommend, their products look to be of a similar calibre.

I will give them a try.

Many thanks again.

Kindest regards,

CME

• 2 weeks later...

I have now fitted my decoder, and smooshed my speaker into the front on a piece of the black tack.

Unfortunately my soldering iron has gone wonky so I can't wire the speaker up yet, but I have had it running on the rolling road under digital control!

For good measure I have assaulted the arrows of indecision that I needed to remove from the body, touched up the paint, then been thwarted by my nemesis.... acrylic satin clear.... 

I have now fitted my decoder, and smooshed my speaker into the front on a piece of the black tack.

Unfortunately my soldering iron has gone wonky so I can't wire the speaker up yet, but I have had it running on the rolling road under digital control!

For good measure I have assaulted the arrows of indecision that I needed to remove from the body, touched up the paint, then been thwarted by my nemesis.... acrylic satin clear.... 

Any photos?