Dapol 08

Kickstart

Hi Martyn,

That's very kind of you, thank you :imsohappy: sadly I know I wont be at Telford - again - this year, hoping to get to Reading next week though - will you be there? I am also hoping to get to Railex too. Having the right puller will save me machining (butchering) my wheel puller! :mosking:

ATVB to all,

CME :)

Hi CME,

If you want to pm me your address I will send you my version of a puller that I used.

Martyn.

I could do ten sets of wipers (3 of each type) and drilling jigs as a batch at this stage. I think it would be £5 Inc postage (uk)

But I would want to send them out as a batch.... so if there are a few orders out there....

You would need a 0.6mm drill to fit, using a pin vise or similar, rather than an electric drill.

I put the smallest smear of superglue on the blade and push it onto the glazing to ensure it remains in contact.

Paint before fitting is easiest.

Hi Giles,

I have sent you a PM 3 sets please , cheers 

• RMweb Premium

I think I'm rather oversubscribed for the initial ten sets.... let me produce them first....

If and when you have time to do them...........please put me down for two sets, thank you Giles.

Looks like your "Street Corner" is turning into a Cottage Industry :help:  

Guest Isambarduk

"Looks like your "Street Corner" is turning into a Cottage Industry :help:  "

As happened to me/us with the magnetic shunters poles - perhaps worth speaking to Marsh Lane here to do the marketing for you?   David

I think I'm rather oversubscribed for the initial ten sets.... let me produce them first....

I'd be interested in two sets from a future run if you're up to posting them to the US.

Right folks.....

I've done two batches this far.....

Price, UK. Inc postage 1 set £5, 2 set £9, 3 set £13

PayPal to giles@gilesfavell.com including your address please....!

These are as fitted to my loco, and include drilling jigs for front and back window (each set has three wipers of each size)

I will dispatch in the order they've been requested.

Edited by Giles
  • Like 1

Can I join the queue please for the windscreen wipers pack?

Would you mind moving your tent back a little please?  There isn't enough room for my sleeping bag and plastic sheet.

I may be at the Back of the Queue, but my order is paid for!! :P

Right folks.....

These are as fitted to my loco, and include drilling jigs for front and back window (each set has three wipers of each size)

Hi Giles

Do you want paying now or when we receive our orders. Not sure where I am in the queue.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Right folks.....

Giles,

Apologies if I've missed this - but does 1 set just contain enough wipers for one locomotive?

Rich

Giles,

Apologies if I've missed this - but does 1 set just contain enough wipers for one locomotive?

Rich

Edit: as I understand it:- 3 of each type - large for rear windows, small for front. So enough for 1 & 1/2 engines ;)

Alternatively, enough for one loco for the nervous or the wild, who might lose a couple as they go 'ping' out of your tweezers, to disappear forever more.... :jester:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1

Hi Giles

Do you want paying now or when we receive our orders. Not sure where I am in the queue.

Steve

Shove a PayPal thing through...

There is a flaw in the organisation. Names that come through on orders bear no relationship to all your user names on RMWEB, so all I can do is make sure everyone gets them.....

(There seems to be a vast number of 08s out in the wild!)

Edited by Giles

I could organise some etched brass Guard Irons if there was similar interest (there would have to be at least a similar level because of the capital outlay.)

They would be as per my loco (again), requiring bending and glueing to fit