Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2015

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

So the floor is all marked up and the tables, chairs and stand furniture is in the Hall as is the stand materials for the Stand Fitters.

Its a big Hall is Hall 5

post-7650-0-55474500-1448558131.jpg

post-7650-0-90641300-1448558147.jpg

and my legs are aching now so heaven help what they will feel like tomorrow.

If anyone is arriving before 2pm tomorrow you must have signed your CDM sheet and must wear your badges at all times as the Hall will be a building site until 2pm. This isn't Warley or teh NEC being daft it is to comply with the latest updated CDM regulations.

Hope to see some of you over the weekend!

baz

• RMweb Gold

Hi ,

Like Barry mine sore as well  but it is all in a good cause, case of let "battle commence." I look forward to seeing many of you over the weekend - "I will mainly be on Broadwater this weekend" but expected to get redirected so if you see a person in orange whizzing across the hall that might just be me!

Broadwater doing its best to be a GW ® green steam and a bit of those new fangled diesels this weekend. 

Robert.

If you pay cash don't forget to get a receipt - especially for locos and other things that may not work when you get home...I'll say no more...

Not sure if it is a general feature of Warley, i've only visited once (07 I think) and there was a test-track circuit stand, I didn't get a reciept from one trader but I asked what their returns policy was incase it didn't work (a Bachmann 170) - got it on the test track, dud! Refunded at the show thankfully.

Just in case some of you will be "off-line" after tonight, may I convey to all concerned my very best wishes for a happy and fulfilling exhibition. 

I have found out my biggest back-pack and have deliberately avoided the shower for the last three weeks.......well, some idiot had to mention it!

See you Saturday.

• RMweb Gold

Dear Mr Oliver or similar knowledgeable person,It’s clear enough from my exhibitor pack that I’ll get a daytime parking pass. What happens regarding overnight parking of private cars for those accommodated in the Premier Inn please?

Hi,

If like last year the parking is paid for and you just give the reception ladies your vehicle reg when you check in and all is sorted.

The main thing is finding a space to park.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

If like last year the parking is paid for and you just give the reception ladies your vehicle reg when you check in and all is sorted.

The main thing is finding a space to park.

Cheers

Simon

Last year I arrived about midnight and there were quite a few spaces on the Premier Inn car park.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

Cheers

Simon

Ta. I hope it's that simple. The Prem Inn website gave me the impression that there was a £6 for 24 hours parking charge - something of an overlap with, and contradiction of, the free daytime parking pass.

• RMweb Gold

The Premier Inn at NEC is where we stayed a few years ago when exhibiting at the show and I don't recall having to pay to park. We just walked form there to the hall so that we could jump on a train to somewhere in the evening for beer then a taxi between our group back from the pub straight to the hotel.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon from the NEC.   Dave (Supersonic ) and I are all set up now on stand A61 allegedly showing how to turn a dream into reality.  Just one slight problem, no one told us what dream to talk about.

r

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Ta. I hope it's that simple. The Prem Inn website gave me the impression that there was a £6 for 24 hours parking charge - something of an overlap with, and contradiction of, the free daytime parking pass.

As part of the exhibition team that organise Stafford Exhibition we us the local Premie Inn

Parking is free to all who stay at the hotel

The fee is to stop people using there car park for free

As others have said on check in give your registration number they will give you eithr e a ticket to put on your windscreen or if a barrier a token or the number to,open the barrier.

Any issues go the the Warley Information stand

Failing all that get a receipt and put in your expenses

Easy really

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon from the NEC.   Dave (Supersonic ) and I are all set up now on stand A61 allegedly showing how to turn a dream into reality.  Just one slight problem, no one told us what dream to talk about.

r

Jamie

That one about the nubile young........

... However, the mobile phone signal in the halls of the NEC is notoriously poor ...

It is in most halls, this is due to the structural steelwork being earthed which sets up a Faraday Cage. The solution is for the organisers to set up a wireless router plugged into the local telephone extensions.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

So the floor is all marked up and the tables, chairs and stand furniture is in the Hall as is the stand materials for the Stand Fitters.

Its a big Hall is Hall 5

attachicon.gif20151126_115758_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20151126_115831_resized.jpg

and my legs are aching now so heaven help what they will feel like tomorrow.

If anyone is arriving before 2pm tomorrow you must have signed your CDM sheet and must wear your badges at all times as the Hall will be a building site until 2pm. This isn't Warley or teh NEC being daft it is to comply with the latest updated CDM regulations.

Hope to see some of you over the weekend!

baz

Looking at your photos, are those new white lights in the hall, or are they sky-lights?  Hoping for the former as the orange gloom is a nightmare.

Looking at your photos, are those new white lights in the hall, or are they sky-lights?  Hoping for the former as the orange gloom is a nightmare.

This is a photo posted from the venue before dawn this morning.

post-6819-0-36799900-1448649250.jpg

I'm going to check the forecast to check which day promises a brighter sky and therefore better ambient light.

Archived