Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2015

Barry O

• RMweb Gold

So Jerry goes through his checklist upon arrival at Warley: "layout - check; fiddle yard - check; stock - check; electrics - check; drapes - check. Oh sh1t, I've left Kim behind."Bill

No chance of that - without my chief navigator I'd never find anything!!

Jerry

Good to see someone else working the system.

When I was working its seems that I was always working south of London whenever the Swanley NG exhibition was to take place the next day.

Terry

I somehow always managed to be in York on Easter Tuesday BITD.  i still can't work out how it seemed to happen every year...........................

• RMweb Premium

Tickets for the reserved seating for the presentations will be available from the Club information stand on the days of the show. So if you want to learn more about the railways, passenger/goods mix, trackwork changes over the years, selective compression, operating a complex model railway system with DCC, industrial loco development or Hornby's approach to product development you can still get a reserved seat.

Baz

Tiptonian, you obviously haven't heard thst size isn't important, its what you can do with it that counts......but then you knew that already Im sure!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

We know why we make em small don't we Dave.

See you sat morning

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone else pre-ordered a Show Guide when they got their tickets and not received it  - there are two post days left before I travel up and no sign of the big envelope...it's a wasted £6.50 if its a no show - and frankly I like to browse in the week before...

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone else pre-ordered a Show Guide when they got their tickets and not received it  - there are two post days left before I travel up and no sign of the big envelope...it's a wasted £6.50 if its a no show - and frankly I like to browse in the week before...

Chris

Chris 

they were posted off a couple of weeks ago so you should have received it by now. Please ask for one at the show i will let the powers that be know.

Baz

• RMweb Gold

Chris 

they were posted off a couple of weeks ago so you should have received it by now. Please ask for one at the show i will let the powers that be know.

Baz

Baz - Thanks for that - appreciated -  I have now emailed so I'll hopefully get something I can "show" in exchange for a guide on the day

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to the show, my ticket arrived and should be a good day out!

I've been meaning to post something controversial - the NEC £12 car park charge is a relative bargain! This is up against the whopping £25 parking charge at O2 Arena for a recent visit to Michael McIntyre's show last month, think yourselves lucky haha!! :P

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Packing is almost finished ready for setting off later on today.

Looking forward to the show, if you visiting the show I can be found on A59. I should be easy to find, just look for a bloke with a gas mask on and I will be next to him.

Cheers

Simon

Ps I promise to behave this year

Stock sorted and boxed, just a couple of display board additions to make and then all in the van on Friday morning for a 15 minute (hopefully) drive to the NEC. Oh! must remember to pack the carpet to ease aching feet on those concrete floors.:)

• RMweb Premium

Stock sorted and boxed, just a couple of display board additions to make and then all in the van on Friday morning for a 15 minute (hopefully) drive to the NEC. Oh! must remember to pack the carpet to ease aching feet on those concrete floors. :)

Yes the carpet is essential.   I ended up in our local casualty department 2 years ago after a weekend of demonstrating standing up, with what I thought was a ruptured Achilles tendon but turned out to be tendonitis.  I've now invested in those mats that look like big jigsaw pieces after seeing Ian (Roundhouse) using them.   They work a treat as long as they are put the right way up.

Jamie

Since rediscovering the hobby again recently I am quite excited to be coming along on Saturday, both to be inspired & to part with some cash. :) 

I do have a newb question though, do most of the vendors accept card payments or will I need some actual cash in my pocket too?

• RMweb Premium

Since rediscovering the hobby again recently I am quite excited to be coming along on Saturday, both to be inspired & to part with some cash. :)

I do have a newb question though, do most of the vendors accept card payments or will I need some actual cash in my pocket too?

Most of the larger vendors accept card payments and many of the smaller ones but I've never known a trader refuse cash.

Jamie

We are a small business and will have a card machine with us and expect many others will to. We also accept Barclays Pingit payments. 

• RMweb Gold

Most of the traders take cards.  However, the mobile phone signal in the halls of the NEC is notoriously poor, so they can struggle to get their PDQ machines to work (i.e. they take "fcuking ages", to use a technical term).  So I suspect that many traders would prefer cash at busy times.  Should be okay when it's quieter though (famous last words).

HTH.

Archived