Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

• RMweb Gold

..I also made queries on whether instead of just doubling things up for 'OO', any greater detail could be added....

Hello all,

In terms of the livery I am not aware of any additional markings being added because having checked repeatedly during the development process and after delivery all the markings are present on the N-gauge models.

But in general terms customers can be reassured that the 00 models have completely redrawn CADs and - not surprisingly - significantly enhanced detailing and I feel more finesse where the slight compromises needed in N aren't required.

For example, the lifting lugs on each side are proper "twin" fillets on the 00 model, where as on the N they were solid but with a fine black line painted on to represent the gap. Similarly in 00 we are correctly offering both types of ladder (with or without anti-climb plate) whereas in N one had to suffice.

post-420-0-99316800-1491120741_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-58068100-1491120732.jpg

Comparing the bogies above will show that the representation of the axleboxes, strengthening fillets and rivets is - as we would all expect - slightly better on the larger model. While for smaller details - such as the control levers under the body - the larger scale enables these parts to be finer and less "chunky."

I am an N-gauge enthusiast because I like running full length trains and enjoy scenic modelling. But for Revolution, and Rapido, if we are going to offer 4mm models then we want them to be as good as they can possibly be. After all, we want our customers to be happy and to come back to us if we decide to offer similar items in the future.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 7

Were sufficent numbers of the VTG blue single wagon receieved? I noted on the ordering page it said something to do with it may be substituted for one out of the tripple pack. EWS didn't have this message so assume they met the minimum order quantity?

Edited by srihaggis

• RMweb Gold

Were sufficent numbers of the VTG blue single wagon receieved? I noted on the ordering page it said something to do with it may be substituted for one out of the tripple pack. EWS didn't have this message so assume they met the minimum order quantity?

Hello srihaggis,

Yes, the VTG plain blue is going ahead.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

We will start to ask for balances from people who paid deposits over the next few weeks.

Cheers, Mike

PS as I was away from a "proper" computer all weekend the tanks are still available for ordering but will be off sale by lunchtime so we can download numbers and submit the production order.

Edited by red death

I'm delighted to announce that we (alongside C&M models and Collett's) will be stocking these models for those who missed the pre-order deadline.

I have a limited supply and will announce prices shortly.

My thanks go to Ben and Mike for including us as a RevolutioN stockist, and I look forward to accepting delivery of the wagons in the not too distant future.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm pricing on these as the Revolution site has the following

"we closed the order book on 31 March 2017 so that we can begin production, however our dealers will be stocking this wagon – please contact them directly for reservations. The “early bird” discounted price is £37 (£38.50 for the EWS livery) per wagon and will be open to orders placed by end of June 2016 then the price will rise to the standard price of £40 per wagon (£41.50 for EWS)."

Is this still correct ?

Edited by Anthony566

• RMweb Premium

It's a moot point now, the only way to buy them is through retailers, who, I presume, will set their own pricing such that they make a bit.

So yes, the text on the website is correct, but no longer relevant.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Anthony,

It's up to retailers what they charge; we don't have any control over their pricing. Obviously it will be higher than the crowdfunded price as they need to include their margin - the level of that margin is entirely their business - but I don't know whether C&M, Collett's, Kernow or Trans4U have set their prices yet.

Cheers

Ben A.

Compiled whilst I sup my tea.

So far as I can see, Collett’s have no listings yet.

C&M Models: single wagons are £44·95 (EWS £46·95) and triple packs are £134·85 (EWS £139·35).

Kernow: single wagons are £49·99 (EWS £54·99) and triple packs are £144·99 (EWS £149·99).

Trains4U: not listed on the website but according to the pop-up advertisement, single wagons are £47·95 and triple packs are £145·00. (There’s no mention of a higher price for EWS.)

Of course, retailers are entitled to their mark-ups but I’m glad I pre-paid. On a fair-sized order, the difference would be considerable!

I am quite annoyed with myself as i had been looking at the N gauge versions and admiring them last year and completely missed the OO versions and rake of 12 to 15 ( which is what i would opt for ) is a big difference from the pre order amounts ....

Just a quick look at the numbers and for 12 at the early bird would have been £444 and now at the cheapest it would be £539 and at the top end £580 ....

So definitely kicking myself :)

Edited by Anthony566

I am quite annoyed with myself as i had been looking at the N gauge versions and admiring them last year and completely missed the OO versions and rake of 12 to 15 ( which is what i would opt for ) is a big difference from the pre order amounts ....

Just a quick look at the numbers and for 12 at the early bird would have been £444 and now at the cheapest it would be £539 and at the top end £580 ....

Oooops!!!!

To be fair to Ben and Mike though, with the production delays (the order book was supposed to be closed in Autumn 2016), they have been available through Revolution for about a year.  There is of course one other option - wait to see if they do another production run in a couple of years (when they do those lovely Bitumen TEA Tanks HINT!!!! HINT!!!! HINT!!!!), but in all fairness with inflation and currency fluctuations since the original models were announced it probably wont be much different to the prices retailers want now.

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone had their invoice yet to pay the balance (if you went for the 50% option upon first ordering them. Was under the impression invoices would have been sent a few weeks back.

Haven't chased as I'm skint right now so grateful for any delay!

Has anyone had their invoice yet to pay the balance (if you went for the 50% option upon first ordering them. Was under the impression invoices would have been sent a few weeks back.

Hi,

I thought the same, but not until the models are virtually ready.  Asked Ben this a few weeks ago, as a PM, and that were his answer.

Regards.

C.

• RMweb Gold

The answer is still the same as it was in my post 281 (please remember we do this in our spare time ie evenings and weekends as well as fitting in normal life and other things eg I've just spent the last 3 days running (very slowly) around the Lakes)! 

I am always surprised when people want to be invoiced ;-) I am happy to process your invoice first if that reassures you ;-)

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

To put this into perspective,  The price we pay as traders is not significantly different to the pre-order price.

We are helping in our way, to share the burden of the production cost by ordering in larger quantities.  but we are businesses and need to make some money!  which is why the prices are that bit higher.  The margins being asked (Both lower and higher prices quoted) fall within the discounted margins we would expect to return from sales of a wagon from a mainstream manufacturer - there is certainly no profiteering going on.

It is an investment by us as retailers in RevolutionN.

It gives the prospect of both investment in future models following on from the higher production run, and of a profitable return for both RevolutioN and the retailer, so that more of this good stuff can be brought to market. 

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 4

Compiled whilst I sup my tea.

So far as I can see, Collett’s have no listings yet.

C&M Models: single wagons are £44·95 (EWS £46·95) and triple packs are £134·85 (EWS £139·35).

Kernow: single wagons are £49·99 (EWS £54·99) and triple packs are £144·99 (EWS £149·99).

Trains4U: not listed on the website but according to the pop-up advertisement, single wagons are £47·95 and triple packs are £145·00. (There’s no mention of a higher price for EWS.)

Of course, retailers are entitled to their mark-ups but I’m glad I pre-paid. On a fair-sized order, the difference would be considerable!

Hi, We are selling all of our wagons at the same price.  I've decided to absorb the EWS difference with a marginally higher price for the standard liveries.

it makes advertising easier for a start!

Our website currently doesn't allow for pre orders (I'll put placeholders on there shortly)

but that will be changing soon!

thanks

Gareth

• Like 1

The answer is still the same as it was in my post 281 (please remember we do this in our spare time ie evenings and weekends as well as fitting in normal life and other things eg I've just spent the last 3 days running (very slowly) around the Lakes)!

I am always surprised when people want to be invoiced ;-) I am happy to process your invoice first if that reassures you ;-)

Cheers, Mike

Likewise, I keep 'accidentally' buying things. If you can take as long as possible to send me my invoice I would very much appreciate it !! Just try to miss the Kernow 4TC release date as that'll be a £500 hit in the same week, doh!

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben, 

Any news yet on whether Rapido have started manufacturing these little beauties yet, or when they are expecting to start manufacture.

Thanks.

Was just thinking the same thing. Ben, also do you have any pictures of any decorated samples or isn't there going to be any as they are identical to your N gauge ones.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Apologies - with the arrival of the Class 92 samples and the CADs of the 321 to check I haven't asked. I will request that Rapido get the factory to send some pics. Because the artwork is identical they have gone straight into production.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hello all,

Apologies - with the arrival of the Class 92 samples and the CADs of the 321 to check I haven't asked. I will request that Rapido get the factory to send some pics. Because the artwork is identical they have gone straight into production.

Cheers

Ben A.

I did assume this Ben. Thank you as always for your prompt response. Getting far too excited for these now....!