Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

Thanks Ben, no rush.  Were just wondering. I take it production hasn't started yet then, as you were to have photos of the first samples in each livery to check over.  Gives me longer to build my layout to run them on! We may even get a 32x unit or an HOA afterwards, but not at the same time please, my wallet couldn't take that sort of trauma.....

Best Regards,

C. 

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ben, no rush.  Were just wondering. I take it production hasn't started yet then, as you were to have photos of the first samples in each livery to check over.  Gives me longer to build my layout to run them on! We may even get a 32x unit or an HOA afterwards, but not at the same time please, my wallet couldn't take that sort of trauma.....

Best Regards,

C.

The usual way they produce the models is to mould all the parts, then paint them, and assembly is the last step. So we should have images of painted tanks fairly soon.

Cheers

Ben A.

The usual way they produce the models is to mould all the parts, then paint them, and assembly is the last step. So we should have images of painted tanks fairly soon.

Cheers

Ben A.

Woooohoooo! Need to build the model railway faster then!  My false sense of security......just been shattered!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Phew....just read Rapido's latest newsletter - N Gauge Pendolino's for October, no mention of 'OO' TEA's.  May be safe for a while!

My understanding is that the TEAs are in production now, though we haven't yet had a clear indication of delivery schedule.

Cheers

Ben A.

Class 92. One at a time, gents, one at a time. In all seriousness and without thinking too deeply, anything done or proposed in N would be welcome in 00, especially (in the case of wagons) they all have different running numbers.

Edit: did you notice Ben agreed? I spilt my coffee.

Edited by No Decorum
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We are absolutely considering other models in 00 based on what we already have researched and obtained agreement for in N.

We see ourselves as - with apologies to Railway Modeller - average enthusiasts who select models we want on the assumption that others feel the same way. And so far that's how it's panned out.

It also seems logical that anything that would do well in N is likely to appeal in 00 too, and that we should take measured steps, so our second 00 offering would almost certainly be a wagon. This points to both the HOA and IZA which have been well received, with the HOA probably ahead purely on the basis that the N CAD is already almost done.

In terms of powered models such as the 321 and 92 Mike and I are more wary, as we are not familiar with current models in the larger scale.

However, it is fair to say that Rapido know plenty about powering models in the larger scales (their APT-E was Model of the Year in its category I believe) and I am sure that once we have shown we can deliver in 00 with the TEAs they would be very interested in upscaling others models we have worked on together.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 8

Hello all,

We are absolutely considering other models in 00 based on what we already have researched and obtained agreement for in N.

We see ourselves as - with apologies to Railway Modeller - average enthusiasts who select models we want on the assumption that others feel the same way. And so far that's how it's panned out.

It also seems logical that anything that would do well in N is likely to appeal in 00 too, and that we should take measured steps, so our second 00 offering would almost certainly be a wagon. This points to both the HOA and IZA which have been well received, with the HOA probably ahead purely on the basis that the N CAD is already almost done.

In terms of powered models such as the 321 and 92 Mike and I are more wary, as we are not familiar with current models in the larger scale.

However, it is fair to say that Rapido know plenty about powering models in the larger scales (their APT-E was Model of the Year in its category I believe) and I am sure that once we have shown we can deliver in 00 with the TEAs they would be very interested in upscaling others models we have worked on together.

Cheers

Ben A.

Like, like, like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I apologise for asking this too soon.

But are there any new images of one of those wagons that could be shown in its packaging? As I would love to see what one would look like if its reached that stage yet :).

Hi Ash,

No, nothing yet, and probably not for a few months.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We have just had word from Rapido that production on these models has been delayed because of problems with dust from a ceramic plant near their factory.

This was causing problems with painting and printing and some models were failing the QC checks.

They have now moved, and production is underway again, but it does mean that the TEA tankers are unlikely to be completed as originally scheduled for the end of this year.

Apologies to all - naturally we are as disappointed as anyone. But as ever we would prefer them to be open with us and get the models right than rush to deliver a model that is anything less than their best work.

There is more information on the News pages of the Revolution website here: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/ and also more news in Rapido's next newsletter, which I believe is being published this weekend.

We will be attending the Warley National Model Railway Exbibition at the NEC in November and will be happy to answer any questions about this, or any of our other projects.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

Woooohoooo! Need to build the model railway faster then!  My false sense of security......just been shattered!

Thanks for the update Ben!  Take as long as you need - Quality first, plus I'm working as fast as I can to build a layout for the things......  Its coming on slowly - Just spent another 3hrs measuring and cutting wood for the ramps to the upper level and freight yard.   Just hoping Hornby and Bachmann locos will pull a rake up the incline, as your TEA's are supposed to be quite heavy, being built to NMRA standards!

Thanks,

P.S. Does "They have now moved, and production is underway again," mean Rapido sent the 'boys around'?  

• Like 1

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update. I'm actually quite glad of the delay given how much has come out or due soon. With Hornby Colas 60 to pull them and a pair of sound fitted 156's due soon this delay helps the finances. More important to get them right and finished to the highest standards that you and Mike are well capable of and from the samples the OO version is going to be excellent.

Now do we dare mention the Cargo Twins getting the 4mm treatment....

All the best

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

To be honest there is nothing for us to do on the TEAs except wait!

Cheers, Mike

You could go there and help them make them quicker. And then when you return, you can bring mine in your luggage.......... :sarcastichand:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anyone know the easiest way to contact Revolution? I have moved house since ordering these TEA tankers! TIA

Hi Simon,

Just send an email via the website. We get a fair few emails like this, but you may not hear immediately as we both have jobs elsewhere and replying to emails is one of those things that gets done in one go, when there is the opportunity. Obviously any genuinely urgent emails will get priority; but as the models haven't even left China yet we will definitely get this sorted out for you even if not for a week or two.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A