Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

For those who wish to spread their cash flow, C&M Models are also accepting orders for TEAs ahead of the order deadline.

Payment will be due when the models are despatched, and not in advance, but the price is likely to be around 10% higher than that you would pay to Revolution Trains on their advance payment scheme.

All options are available, and we will be ordering some for casual stock, over and above what we have orders for. But we found with the 'N' gauge TEAs that this casual stock was sold before the delivery arrived.

• RMweb Gold

Nothing but bad gateway errors on the site when trying to order very frustrating!

Hi folks

We know how frustrating the Bad Gateway problem is - it is even more frustrating for us as we have been trying to get our web hosting company to sort it out for 3 months now.  What makes it worse is that it affects some users much more than others.

I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that our existing web hosts don't know how to fix the problem (plus the site speed is poor), so ultimately I suspect it means moving the website to a new host (and possibly re-building bits of it (which we want to do anyway - the site was put together by me in quite a rush 2 years ago and has seen far more use than we ever anticipated).  The problem is finding time to do it.

Cheers, Mike

PS I've replied to your PM.

Hi All,

Having seen the quality of the 2mm wagons it was really good to be shown the 4mm sample at Glasgow. Ben, Mike and Rapido have done a superb job with high levels of detail, and superb fine etched walkways. I'm really looking forward to my dozen and of course with Hornbys forthcoming Colas 60 those Dalston workings will be a reality. I hope as many 4mm Modellers as possible get some abe don't miss out.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys, couple of questions from me as the deadline draws near.

1) Freightliner livery. The website says the Freightliner Heavy Haul livery is subject to approval. Do we know if this livery is going ahead yet?

2) Website also suggests you're looking into providing VTG decals to replace the Freightliner logo, as per the prototype. Any update on this?

Getting really excited now that these models are very soon to go into production.

1) Freightliner livery. The website says the Freightliner Heavy Haul livery is subject to approval. Do we know if this livery is going ahead yet?

2) Website also suggests you're looking into providing VTG decals to replace the Freightliner logo, as per the prototype. Any update on this?

Getting really excited now that these models are very soon to go into production.

It is exciting although my excitement is tempered a little by thoughts of where I’m going to put them all and how many Kadees I shall need. :O

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Thanks for the support. I believe the Freightliner livery is going ahead, though it depends on final numbers whether it is worth producing appropriate decals to convert to the VTG version, hopefully it will be.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

As I've said on here and on our website - please check your orders on our website (login to your account). If your order went through OK then it will show in your orders.

If that doesn't work then please drop me an email at info@revolution etc.

Cheers Mike

I had a load of bad gateway errors but eventually put my order through later on in the day when it worked fine. Don't know if that will help anyone but it worked for me! Don't think I used a different browser either.

Another question if the freightliner version did not go ahead what would happen to my order?

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

The FL livery will go ahead - there is a general point for all liveries that they will only go ahead if we receive sufficient orders (which we expect to). We have to be fair to people and warn them about that possibility.

It is explained in the FAQs that if a model does not go ahead then people will receive a full refund (though we would obviously offer alternative livery choices first).

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

As I've said on here and on our website - please check your orders on our website (login to your account). If your order went through OK then it will show in your orders.

If that doesn't work then please drop me an email at info@revolution etc.

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike, sorry I read through a little too quickly and thought you meant log into your own card account to check the transaction. As it happens I have logged into my account on your website and all looks OK.

As a note though I did only try ONCE, got the Bad Gateway notice but upon checking today the order has gone through...........Can't wait now :sungum:

• Like 1

The FL livery will go ahead - there is a general point for all liveries that they will only go ahead if we receive sufficient orders (which we expect to). We have to be fair to people and warn them about that possibility.

It is explained in the FAQs that if a model does not go ahead then people will receive a full refund (though we would obviously offer alternative livery choices first).

Cheers Mike

Thanks for the clarification - there are terms and conditions? No time to read them too keen to get the order in!

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I'm looking forward to receiving the wagon I ordered although I only was able to get a one off I'd be interested in seeing what you do next in the 00 gauge and would love to see more industrial locomotive's done (ie a Fireless locomotive's) but I am really looking foreword to seeing this tank wagon

Thanks

Alan

P.s can I ask is the expected arrival of the tanks to be around September or October time ish

Hi Guys

I'm looking forward to receiving the wagon I ordered although I only was able to get a one off I'd be interested in seeing what you do next in the 00 gauge and would love to see more industrial locomotive's done (ie a Fireless locomotive's) but I am really looking foreword to seeing this tank wagon

Thanks

Alan

P.s can I ask is the expected arrival of the tanks to be around September or October time ish

Alan

Copied this from Rapido's UK web site

Product            R&D                3D Design        Tooling           First Sample    Paint Sample    Final Sample    Delivery

VTG    TEA     Completed       Completed       Completed       Completed       Mar 2017         Jun 2017          Autumn 2017

The schedule is subject to change due to unexpected headaches in production!

Hope this helps

John

Alan

Copied this from Rapido's UK web site

Product            R&D                3D Design        Tooling           First Sample    Paint Sample    Final Sample    Delivery

VTG    TEA     Completed       Completed       Completed       Completed       Mar 2017         Jun 2017          Autumn 2017

The schedule is subject to change due to unexpected headaches in production!

Hope this helps

John

Ben and Mike have previously said were going to skip the painted samples, as they say its just the case of up-scaling the decoration of the 2mm version.

Regards,

C. 

Ben and Mike have previously said were going to skip the painted samples, as they say its just the case of up-scaling the decoration of the 2mm version.

"its just the case of..."  - famous last words etc...

A tad worrying...   <_<

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Gold

Having pre-ordered a Dapol DRS 68 and been over-excited at it turning up I'd rather the decoration was checked first.

The industry doesn't need another high profile cock-up this year and in my view Revolution are providing very high spec models on a pre-order basis and I am in no rush, I'd rather have something as good as the N gauge version than something rushed. I've waited this long so it just needs to be right.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The order book for these models is now closed, thanks to everyone who's ordered one or more - and some have ordered a lot more!

I can understand that people might be a little anxious about the painted samples question but please remember this is not a new model in a completely different livery. It is a larger version of a model the factory has already painted and lettered to an award-winning standard.

The designers, project managers and staff are skilled professionals who are proud of their reputation and craftsmanship and who have been delighted to win 00 and N models of the year. They know their reputation goes with every model.

They have the N gauge models there, they know where the logos should go, what the colours should be and what the lettering is.

They will send us photographs as the first models come off the production line and we can veto any glaring errors then.

And of course when the models arrive if they are not to specification they will be replaced.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

Having pre-ordered a Dapol DRS 68 and been over-excited at it turning up I'd rather the decoration was checked first.

The industry doesn't need another high profile cock-up this year and in my view Revolution are providing very high spec models on a pre-order basis and I am in no rush, I'd rather have something as good as the N gauge version than something rushed. I've waited this long so it just needs to be right.

I did make very similar comments when it was announced in a PM to Ben, and to be fair he gave me a pretty much similar response.

Ultimately its Ben, Mike and Jason's call on this one.  I cannot see Rapido and Revolution wanting to issue a substandard model, but like yourselves were concerned about the possibilities of problems occurring. I also made queries on whether instead of just doubling things up for 'OO', any greater detail could be added, and secondly the possibility of errors in translation.

Regards,

C.