'USA' 0-6-0T models - painted samples

dibber25

• RMweb Premium

I suggest that you read and understand my message before you post one of your standard replies.

I am not complaining about having to wait a couple of days longer for my (as you call them) toy trains. What I am pointing out is that the procedures being followed by Kernow, bearing in mind what we have been told, is annoying.

Keith

Are you really so short of things to worry about that such matters can be annoying?

If so, I think many of us would envy you !!

You'll get your new engine in due course - in the meantime, why not do some modelling?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

PS. I don't have standard responses - just a lack of patience with people who get worked up about things most of us left behind in the playground.

Please Miss - he pushed in front of me !!!  :ireful:

• Like 1

Are you really so short of things to worry about that such matters can be annoying?

You'll get your new engine in due course - in the meantime, why not do some modelling?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

PS. I don't have standard responses - just a lack of patience with people who get worked up about things most of us left behind in the playground.

This makes you no better than what you are complaining about. Why get worked up over someone who is upset regarding delivery procedures? So it is the same old same old, just move on. 

• RMweb Premium

Celebrate the loco. Be kind. Count to 10. Take a breath. Have some chocolate, then please stop having a go. We all have our differences however sometimes we just need to move on.

So, please, someone must know how 30062 got to bl##dy Meldon Quarry in Decemebr 1962 and where the G6 went and how it got there too.

Thanks

Phil 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This makes you no better than what you are complaining about. Why get worked up over someone who is upset regarding delivery procedures? So it is the same old same old, just move on. 

Er, they way I've read these exchanges, I don't think that John is that worked up, to be honest!

Celebrate the loco. Be kind. Count to 10. Take a breath. Have some chocolate, then please stop having a go. We all have our differences however sometimes we just need to move on.

So, please, someone must know how 30062 got to bl##dy Meldon Quarry in Decemebr 1962 and where the G6 went and how it got there too.

Thanks

Phil 

Wise words from Herr Doktor von Quackenhausen.

I have a MAUNSELL in departmental green on order, in the model rail magazine advert which I based my order on its for want of a better description a bright 'malachite ' green yet the Kernow/MR shows a dark green which one will be delivered as I may have to have a re-think?

Edited by 70E

• RMweb Gold

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Sorry to go off topic but at the moment I'm probably doing more modelling than you have or will ever do both indoors and outdoors:

post-586-0-41788400-1471895527.jpg

post-586-0-68389900-1471895593.jpg

......and its all my own work

Keith

• Like 3

Does this current batch of USA tanks include all the variations advised in the initial announcement, or is there another batch to come, sometime in the future?

In total there are ten variations - as shown in our current advertisements. Two versions are sold out on pre-orders (lined green and early crest black). We are awaiting word from Bachmann on the delivery of the last three variants we announced (green departmental, weathered black, green named) but we expect them soon, as that completes the production run. (CJL)

I have a MAUNSELL in departmental green on order, in the model rail magazine advert which I based my order on its for want of a better description a bright 'malachite ' green yet the Kernow/MR shows a dark green which one will be delivered as I may have to have a re-think?

This was discussed earlier in the other USA thread. The green used on the Eastleigh twins and DS locos is NOT Bullied Malachite Green as used on SR locos but it was described as Malachite and appears to be BR coaching stock green, therefore darker, of which Eastleigh and Ashford must have had in plentiful supply at the time of repainting. USA 30072 and YUSA 30075 have both appeared in Bullied Malachite Green in heritage era so maybe that's where you are getting the bright green image from. The revised green is pretty well spot on. Remember too under different lighting conditions the shade can appear completely different. I have images of 30064 on the Bluebell taken in bright sunlight that make the green look distinctly olive. 

HTH.

I've just received my 30069 its a beautiful model and has plenty of weight in it, so it should be good at shunting some of the longer heavier trains on my layout.  I've attached some images (from my phone so not great quality) a bit of a shame about the over exuberant lubrication that has leaked a little but it is normal from Bachmann... I just need to chip it. Has anybody fitted a chip in one of the BR ones? is it relatively Simple?  

post-21652-0-68909800-1471956418_thumb.jpg

post-21652-0-46947000-1471956420_thumb.jpg

post-21652-0-25382000-1471956422_thumb.jpg

post-21652-0-38032900-1471956424_thumb.jpg

post-21652-0-33851900-1471956426_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tornado60163
  • Like 6

This was discussed earlier in the other USA thread. The green used on the Eastleigh twins and DS locos is NOT Bullied Malachite Green as used on SR locos but it was described as Malachite and appears to be BR coaching stock green, therefore darker, of which Eastleigh and Ashford must have had in plentiful supply at the time of repainting. USA 30072 and YUSA 30075 have both appeared in Bullied Malachite Green in heritage era so maybe that's where you are getting the bright green image from. The revised green is pretty well spot on. Remember too under different lighting conditions the shade can appear completely different. I have images of 30064 on the Bluebell taken in bright sunlight that make the green look distinctly olive. 

HTH.

Here we go again ! ........ BR coaching stock green was an attempt to return to the Southern colours of yore and was said to virtually indistinguishable from those vehicles which retained Malachite from late S.R. / early B.R. days darkened under a few layers of varnish : it was NOT a totally different colour. What many modellers and paint manufacturers believe to be malachite green is based on a colour sample published in the 1970 H.M.R.S. Livery Register  -  BUT few people seem to be aware of the Addendum ( about 20 years later ) which admits that this colour was far too yellow and probably represented the short-lived so called 'Dover' green tried before the war .................... there's a new version of the Livery Register in preparation so all SHOULD become clear !

Here we go again ! ........ BR coaching stock green was an attempt to return to the Southern colours of yore and was said to virtually indistinguishable from those vehicles which retained Malachite from late S.R. / early B.R. days darkened under a few layers of varnish : it was NOT a totally different colour. What many modellers and paint manufacturers believe to be malachite green is based on a colour sample published in the 1970 H.M.R.S. Livery Register  -  BUT few people seem to be aware of the Addendum ( about 20 years later ) which admits that this colour was far too yellow and probably represented the short-lived so called 'Dover' green tried before the war .................... there's a new version of the Livery Register in preparation so all SHOULD become clear !

I can confirm that 'Maunsell' will carry our revised choice of green - that is the darker shade, not the malachite shown in the Model Rail advertisement. We don't have a livery sample in the revised colour, hence the unchanged advertisement. (CJL)

I've just received my 30069 its a beautiful model and has plenty of weight in it, so it should be good at shunting some of the longer heavier trains on my layout.  I've attached some images (from my phone so not great quality) a bit of a shame about the over exuberant lubrication that has leaked a little but it is normal from Bachmann... I just need to chip it. Has anybody fitted a chip in one of the BR ones? is it relatively Simple?  

Reading the instructions its take the body off, remove the blanking plug, fit 6 pin decoder, put body back on. 

NB For anyone else with the NCB version watch out for the front handrails and dislodge them on the (commented on in posting 210 above).

Edited by Butler Henderson

30064 looks tasty indeed and it has the little aerials on the tank fronts (if that's what they are?)

Phil

Those are not little aerials but hand holds to enable the crew to climb onto the top of the tanks.

I am getting jealous because I have not heard of any progress on my order for 30064 which I placed back in 2012 it still shows as pending on the Model Rail site. I'll continue to be patient and hope it turns up soon. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Only taken on an iPhone with a mixture of sunlight and lamplight so don't take too much notice of the exact colour - but still a masterpiece and a thing of beauty.

Godfrey

post-138-0-46543300-1471956332_thumb.jpg

Those are not little aerials but hand holds to enable the crew to climb onto the top of the tanks.

I am getting jealous because I have not heard of any progress on my order for 30064 which I placed back in 2012 it still shows as pending on the Model Rail site. I'll continue to be patient and hope it turns up soon. :scratchhead:

Are you sure?

Edited by Ian J.

They are handrails.

The aerials were fitted to the cab side. They are very visible on the Railway Roundabout video that was posted earlier. About three minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSMnvA357ds&feature=youtu.be

By the way does anyone know when the handrails were fitted? Most photos of 30069 doesn't have them, but later photos such as the one above in post #246 has them.

Jason