RMweb

PECO Announces Bullhead Track for OO

Free At Last

I'll still have to wait for a medium single slip left before I can rebuild and relay my current Padstow. It was a signature configuration for the North Cornwall Railway goods shed trackage. 

I suspect the potential of real competition from DCC Concepts got them moving with haste usually unknown for PECO. Speaking of which, Richard Johnson has been rather quiet about his plans for the last few months.

I'll still have to wait for a medium single slip left before I can rebuild and relay my current Padstow. It was a signature configuration for the North Cornwall Railway goods shed trackage. 

I suspect the potential of real competition from DCC Concepts got them moving with haste usually unknown for PECO. Speaking of which, Richard Johnson has been rather quiet about his plans for the last few months.

Yes I too was wondering where he had gone do they have a stand at Warley this year ?

• RMweb Premium

Yes I too was wondering where he had gone do they have a stand at Warley this year ?

Richard, along with others of the DCC Concepts team have a significant presence on the Gaugemaster stand.

Cheers,

Mick

I for one never doubted that bullhead turnouts will be available, and I thing going the large radius first is a good shout. A big pat on the back for Peco

I will not be buying any as I prefer to make my own to fit the location though and more importantly get enjoyment from building them

Edited by hayfield

I wonder if the geometry is similar to Peco Code 75 or Code 83 or even something else. Again, not a buyer any longer but interested for all that.

I read on Facebook this morning (Railway Modeller page I think) that it matches code 75 and code 100.

Nice to see that Peco are not delaying the Points any more, but still the track first, then 2017 for points, and work on a layout starts with points

Have they given a date for the track being distributed to the shops?

please keep up the news, as it has proved impossible to overcome mobility to get to the show, so rely on reports like this.

Stephen.

Looking at the peco plain track in the flesh at warley , the chair detail looks far less detailed then the " addvertising " brochure pictures. But it's still a good representation. No idea of retail pricing

The point is at least a year away According to peco

Edited by Junctionmad

I will be buying the Peco points along with the Peco BH track, as I am about 6 months away from starting my new layout and the BH will only be used in sidings, only about two years later than planned, but barn roofs and walls don't mend themselves.....It looks far better than anything RTL available to date (bar C&L if you have the money), and will probably almost certainly be cheaper than DCCC, given the exchange rate now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Peco B/H point at Warley:

post-6208-0-84865200-1480189654_thumb.jpg

Keith

N.B. it was black whilst the track was brown and it had a different texture, so probably not the finished article!

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 5

Guest Midland Mole

Luckily I am a VERY long way off starting Worcester Midland Shed, so have no problem waiting for the full bullhead range to come out. :)

- Alex

Can't wait till Sunday when I can go and see what is wrong with it, I am sure by tomorrow night we will all be told. :rtfm: :rtfm:

Happy to oblige :)

Isn't it a bit odd to only have three chairs supporting the check rails?

Retreating to underground bunker now.

The track looked good and robust as well.  Track apparently in production and will be shipped to dealers in a couple of weeks.  Points Easter 2017ish but depends on how tooling turns out.  Solenoids will clip underneath as currently.  Prices will be higher than existing range due to complexity of tooling  - not sure they have been fixed yet.

. Looks very good!  I commented that we had been waiting a long time for this and response was that it would not have been possible to make tooling previously.