PECO Announces Bullhead Track for OO

Free At Last

• RMweb Gold

Well said. On this basis there cannot be anything worthy to add.

Rob.

LOL!

I rest my case. A post that sums up a thread that has become the laughing stock of the website over the last twenty months.

Rob.

• Like 1

I rest my case. A post that sums up a thread that has become the laughing stock of the website over the last twenty months.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

There would be a lot fewer posts in this thread if we removed the indignant editorial comments, but thanks all the same.

Andy

Myself I feel that the thing that makes track look most unrealistic regardless of type or how far the rails are apart is poor alignment. With slight changes of rail direction at every joint so the track zig zags down the layout.

Had a useful chat with Steve Haynes on the Peco stand at Guildex (the Gauge O Guild annual show) today, 2nd September. Production moulding of the bases should take place within the next week or so followed by test assembly of the components and the finished products should be available by the end of September. Thought has already been given to additional point and crossing elements but Guildex was not the ideal place to talk 4mm, especially as many modellers were asking about plans for the Parkside product line - for an update on that see the relevant thread.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Peco have posted a taster picture of a large radius point on their facebook page.

Apologies if you're not on facebook and can't see it.

https://www.facebook.com/RailwayModeller/?hc_ref=ARR1j1A-h9MYFkD5WF4FcU3B9nqvQHlBw8CfBRzKhUP6uEykbyBHg3zXpdhz1gbS-rQ&fref=nf

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

That'll do me.

Peco, at one stage, were hoping for a late spring release and DCC concepts, despite the appearance of a head start, seem some way off yet. Clearly mass-producing an acceptable OO bullhead point is not easy.

Personally, PECO producing a single left and right point is a bit " meh ". You can't really achieve the " look" of the prototype with good flowing curves through points and crossings using one point and mixing the track work with the HO flatbottom actually draws your eye to the discrepancies, that aren't there if you use existing HO FB track all the way through

To me, visually, the flow of the track work , especially steam era track work is what makes the difference not the odd gauge

Edited by Junctionmad
  • Like 2

It looks good to me, it would be nice to get some feedback from anyone going to Swindon and seeing it in the flesh though.

For me, two points is better than no points, and I'm happy to wait for the range to expand.

We just need to wait for the price now...

Edited by 31B
  • Like 1

Personally, PECO producing a single left and right point is a bit " meh ". You can't really achieve the " look" of the prototype with good flowing curves through points and crossings using one point and mixing the track work with the HO flatbottom actually draws your eye to the discrepancies, that aren't there if you use existing HO FB track all the way through

To me, visually, the flow of the track work , especially steam era track work is what makes the difference not the odd gauge

It is clearly not aimed at you and as I commented way back it is not for me.

However it will improve the quality of steam era 00 track for a lot of people.

Is that not a good thing and a big step forward for the hobby in general?

Peco should be congratulated for making a brave decision.

Methinks you just want to moan.

Bernard

• Like 4

But I don't quite understand why the final timber on the straight running line appears to be slightly skewed. Still a knife taken to the web will soon fix that.

But I don't quite understand why the final timber on the straight running line appears to be slightly skewed. Still a knife taken to the web will soon fix that.

.....and here we go again. Still, it's been nice to have moderated debate for a few days at least.

• Like 1

So you won't be buying any then?

If we all had that attitude, then the first points will not sell & the range would not be expanded.

If we support them by buying some, they will produce more.

No, I'm handbuilding points to match, cause that's the only way to get the track to look and work well. Edited by Junctionmad

This is something they have always done.

Ok for a simple junction but wrong for a crossover.

I wonder if it is to provide a little extra strength at the end of the rail?

Peco have posted a taster picture of a large radius point on their facebook page.

Apologies if you're not on facebook and can't see it.

https://www.facebook.com/RailwayModeller/?hc_ref=ARR1j1A-h9MYFkD5WF4FcU3B9nqvQHlBw8CfBRzKhUP6uEykbyBHg3zXpdhz1gbS-rQ&fref=nf

Cheers,

Mick

Good to see a decent check rail being used, rather than the smaller 3 timber version, depending on size though should it cover 5 timbers

It allows two crossings to mesh together, for some interlocking timbers would be a step too far, easy to rectify if it bothers you