PECO Announces Bullhead Track for OO

Free At Last

DCC Concepts suggested autumn for their points when I spoke to one of their staff at Glasgow while the rumour mill is suggesting late spring for Peco. I doubt if the rail inclination or the nickel vs stainless steel issue will prevent the two types of track being mixed.  Given that SMP/C&L track has been mixed with Peco Code 75 pointwork on many a layout there would need to be an even more glaring visual discrepancy to put many folk off.  Anyone particularly concerned about the wrong sort of chair or the layout of timbers being wrong for their chosen line is likely to be building their own.

I'm fortunate in that both types should be available when I come to track laying.  I'll see what folk who have used either by then have to say and then decide.

Dont forget C&L/Exactoscale thick based track is also an option for Peco and the thin C&L for DCC and the C&L/Exactoscale used HiNi rail which is far less yellow than Peco

Of course. Would I lie to you? I drilled into it, collected the swarf, took it to the laboratory, had it tested.

They said it was Blu-Tack.

Glad you straightened that out. I thought it smelled a bit like Copydex

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 2

One of my relatives bought me a copy of the box-openers beano for my birthday, probably because the cover carries a well known brand name. Forget British bullhead track fit for the 21st Century; the Peco HO Streamline range is Hornby Magazines first choice!  

• RMweb Gold

One of my relatives bought me a copy of the box-openers beano for my birthday, probably because the cover carries a well known brand name. Forget British bullhead track fit for the 21st Century; the Peco HO Streamline range is Hornby Magazines first choice!  

I would have thought the fact that if they had chosen the new 'OO' ranges , there are no matching points available would have cause me to complain about that decision as well. AT the moment it's a bit like recommending a car that has a fabulous motor, but no wheels that fit. 

• Like 2

I think the title of the mag says it all, I don't even bother to flick through the pages in the news agents, though I must say I rarely pick up a copy of MRJ these days 

• RMweb Gold

Forget British bullhead track fit for the 21st Century; the Peco HO Streamline range is Hornby Magazines first choice!

Strange. What's wrong with Hornby's flexible track?

• Like 1

Hi All,

Anyone speak to the staff from Peco at Aly Paly about when their new points are likely to be launched....

I agree, I did not get a chance to ask, or see if new more finished samples were on display of the new bullhead points, after all we, are not far short of the suggested Easter release date first  talked about by Peco. Must be a lot of work on hold till the items appear.

Stephen.

Easter this year was mentioned in reports of the Warley Show last year, just the two points to start with,

Did Anybody ASK them, or was shown a new example?....as the previously displayed Warley one was a mock up with hand made separate components.

Did they qualify their choice? One would suppose they risk damaging their own track brand by stating this, however it only really competes with Set Track not Streamline and presumably is designed to be included with train sets etc.

No stand? well that's why they were missed...........I don't think rival magazines normally stops exhibitors, I just hope Peco are so busy that they feel they have not got the time to attend.... as the London Show is a major one, a risky move for a larger maker.

• RMweb Gold

Greetings all,

I emailed Peco yesterday, enquiring about the forthcoming points, simply to plan my modelling time over the coming months. I received a very quick response this morning. 

Dear Mr Rogers
Thank you for your email
Work is progressing well on the new OO bullhead turnouts, and toolmaking is due to commence very shortly. At the moment we cannot give an exact release date, but we are hoping to have them available towards the summer. If you would like to contact us again in a couple months time, we should have more news then.

Kind regards
A Beard

So not quite Easter, but hopefully not too far away. 

Hope this is of use to someone.

Kind regards,

Nick.

• RMweb Gold

Just about the same time as the Dapol O Jinty comes out and we all abandon OO.....

I'll only abandon OO in favour of O if someone brings out an Electrostar in O and I can afford a few of them.