The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you squirm / squeal / shudder

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

As an spin off from the Things that make you :)' thread, what causes the opposite reaction ?

Things like 'Darling, I've been thinking...'

True, certain men would indeed squirm at the thought of a wife who could think......

Not me, of course. Oh, no, no, no.....

Things like 'Darling, I've been thinking...'

And the opposite 'What are you thinking?'

which provokes a scramble to quickly make something up that sounds plausible.

What about, "now, can we just....."

This can include practically anything!

The one that worries me most is when the other half has been on the internet furiously looking up things and then says some thing along the lines "I have a really great deal now it will only cost us....." This is how I ended up on a cruise after Christmas. The damage to the bank account was a big dent! Here was I thinking of a new car in the next year or 2!

• RMweb Premium

A weird one, I can't stand ice lollies on wooden sticks, something about the texture of the wood in my mouth, makes me squirm just thinking about it. Cloth can have the same effect, as I found out once when trying to hold too much and running out of hands.

• RMweb Gold

Coming around in the recovery room after surgery to hear the nurse say "Robert, the doctor has inserted a tube up your ######'.

However - it was another Robert they were talking to (who, I must say, didn't seem very happy!).

Rob

Edit - The ###### starts with a P and ends in S....

The sight of a toilet with the seat lid left up?

...and don't start me on those who insist on putting a new toilet roll with the paper coming down at the back, rather than over the top and in the front...... :O

Hanging offence in our house.

• RMweb Gold

Olddudders mentioning his broken kneecap in ERs...!

Sorry, Nidge!

Coming around in the recovery room after surgery to hear the nurse say "Robert, the doctor has inserted a tube up your ######'.

Edit - The ###### starts with a P and ends in S....

Having had this procedure while awake and without being tranquilised, I can assure you it is not painful, merely slightly uncomfortable, and once in place, no more than a nuisance. Removal is slightly less pleasant but still hardly measures on the Richter scale. All done by nurses.

...and don't start me on those who insist on putting a new toilet roll with the paper coming down at the back, rather than over the top and in the front...... :O

Hanging offence in our house.

I believe this is location-dependent. In our downstairs loo the proximity of the roll to the seated occupant makes exit from the rear of the roll more comfortable, while the upstairs one is so placed as to make front exit the only sensible solution. My lovely new bride is still coming to terms with the former location and my foibles. 

• RMweb Premium

Just thought.....The Archers, but that does not create the squeal bit.

Peco OO Bullhead Track.

Virtual Points.

MRJ

The Times Crossword.

PM's Question Time.

Constipation.

Laxative.

Bottled beer.

The ITV version of The Railway Children.

Pacers.

Voyagers

Pendylinos

False finger nails that have fallen off.

People wearing socks with sandals.

Flying Scotsman's whistle.

P

Archived