First Loco in DB Cargo and Malcolm Livery emerges

90024 still at Crewe IEMD, not ready yet by the looks of it. Wonder if the plot to get 90019 in the same place for the launch will come off then...

90024  WEAC  CREWEIEMD   CREWEIEMD    F                 X

90019  WEAC  CREWEIEMD   CREWEIEMD    F                 N

• RMweb Gold

And here's me thinking the Malcolm's livery would be garish!

What a dogs dinner that looks, may have looked a bit better with black window surrounds in my opinion, too many things going on with it, too fussy

Guys

Not sure if it has been said but this livery is same as one on Malcolm's biomass road trailers and it's a shame none of that goes by rail.I know some biomass goes by rail but none in Scotland and none of Malcolm's biomass does

Dave

Edited by scottishlocos

• RMweb Gold

If it's a marketing exercise then I really don't understand what the livery is trying to say?  If it's to fit in with their strapline Greener Cleaner <something> Services then why do they need a picture of Canada or Norway or wherever it is?  Why not a picture of the Lake District or some other UK scenic area?

Update. 90019 with 90024 moved to Warrington Bank Quay yesterday. They worked up on the cars (6X52) Arpley to Mossend and look very likely to work 4M25 Mossend to Daventry on Thursday.

The times are as follows (see link)

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H37735/2016/07/07/advanced

4M25 06:07 MOSSEND EUROTERMINAL - 14:29 DAVENTRY INT RFT RECEP RFD running on 07/07/2016   Train Information   Runs on 07/07/2016 
WTT schedule runs FSX from 16/05/2016 - 08/12/2016  
Operated by DBS 
General Merchandise
Electric Locomotive
Timing Load - 1650 tonnes
Timed to run at 75mph  

Edited by Swifty11

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I really like it. Using modern vinyl/printing technology to put images on the sides of vehicles that previously would have seemed impossible.

However I agree that the cab windscreen frames would've been better in black, and I think that the lower yellow panel (below the lights and horn grille) would've looked better in the dark blue, continued round from the bodyside.

I think the red/white flashes on the front air dam are just a design nod to the appearance of their road vehicles. I think it's unlikely they'll appear on standard DBS locos.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The DB livery is rather neat, although the red is rather lacklustre.  I was hoping it might feature the white stripes instead of the yellow dip job, but hey ho.

attachicon.giftn_de-dbs-train-tankers.jpg

During the 1970s Italian model train manufacturer imagined an alternate reality in which British Rail AG gained a foothold in the German market, complete with yellow dip job.

28382340624_18182ffda4_c.jpg

v100-lima-vs-fleischmann-2 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

28969435276_d7108cf1be_z.jpg

br-v100 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 1