Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Jock67B's Cancer Ward (Cancer Support and Discussion Thread)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mal,

It's good you are back among your RMWeb friends, like many others I'm also lost for words. It seems strange to send someone good wishes but I mean these in the sense that things are as good as they can be in the difficult circumstances.

Thinking of you and your family and friends.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Mal

Just wanted to add my voice to what everyone else has written. You clearly have a lot of friends on here who care deeply for you. I am a lurker on ER and don’t often post but felt moved by your fortitude. Above all you seem to be a staggeringly brave and above all dignified man. Your courage is quite simply stunning and awe inspiring. I doubt that I would be if I were facing similar. 

I don’t know what else to say really as I know there is nothing that I can do or say to provide you with real comfort. 

You and your family remain continually in all of our collective thoughts.

Hugs

Natalie

xx

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Great to hear from you Mal and that the sense of humour is still strong.   Beth found a cure for constipation when two of us were chopping a tree down and a large branch came down of it's own accord and a stray branch banged on the roof above the smallest room that she was occupying.   She said it was a lot quicker acting than Movicol.   

All the best

Jamie

• Funny 16

Every now and then, (not often these days I must admit), you meet or hear of someone who really inspires and gives inspiration to others, well for me, at this moment in time, it's Mal.

You and Gabe really are gems.

Andy.

• Like 4
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

Mal,

I have no words, but here's an old joke:

Lady from Kelvinside visits friend in Morningside.

Kelvinside-lady: "Our rates are terrible. Do you have big rates too?"

Morningside-lady:  "Oh no. We don't have rates in Morningside . A few small maice perhaps, but nae rates."

Andy

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Mal,

Such humour just shows your strength of character and your description of the hospice brings back both sad and positive memories ... Dad's last weeks were extremely happy for him and the care was superb.  In our prayers for you and Gabe.

Peter

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Positive news Geoff. Very pleased to hear it. 

What is the long-term outlook? It’s one thing getting out of hospital but the long-term recovery can also be a bumpy ride. 

Best wishes. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of you, Geoff, you've been through a tough one. My hospice bed had air mattresses pumping 24/7 to stop pressure sores so I'm sorry to read that a possibly preventable condition has happened. 

Sounds like you've reached your BMI weight, though!

Very best wishes to you, hope you're up and running a wee bit more now, a fortnight on.

Mal

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Mal. 

You and Gabe have been foremost in our thoughts and prayers. 

Not only is it most gratifying to hear from you but the more so when you generously offer support to others at this time in your own lives. 

We are delighted to hear that the move has gone ahead a d that you are able to be a part of the new home. 

Please accept our continuing best wishes. 

Rick & Sharon 

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Mal, it's great to hear from you and also to see you offering support to others.   We are very glad that you are now in your new home with Gabe and no doubt the rest of the family.  Our thoughts and prayers have been and will be with you all.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Mal, I‘m kind of at loss for words, and I particularly do not want to sound maudlin or otherwise downcast...

The best thing I can muster right now is, hats off to you and Gabe, and I shall continue to send you both my thoughts and best wishes for whatever will come.

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1