Superb bit of weathering there Trev. A nice grubby Bescot Goyle. How I loved Saturday nights stuck on them!!

Cheers Marcus!!

Draughty, cold, naff heaters, underpowered but hey I love them!

The only decent thing that Ive heard is to turn the two seats together to stretch your legs out! (or was that 37's?!!)

Remember Saturday nights with the weekend only locos started up that fogged out the RAC building!!

• Like 1

Nice weathering !

I always wondered why they had weekend only engines, surely there was enough spare from the normal fleet as there can't have even much revenue traffic at weekends ?

Nice weathering !

I always wondered why they had weekend only engines, surely there was enough spare from the normal fleet as there can't have even much revenue traffic at weekends ?

Cheers Rob, much appreciated.

I think that the weekend user pools were made up of long in the tooth, unrefurbished, high engine hours locos. 

I recall that the opposite applied when the Cross City Line upgrade was in full swing - these "weekend locos" found employment in the week, rather than Saturdays/Sundays, meaning we could walk through endless rows of locos at Bescot (where the VQ is now) with their Spirax valves popping and pinging. 

Happy days!

Cheers 

Trev :)

• Like 1

rolling stock is coming along nicely...

Thank you!

Yes, however I wish my wiring skills were better as its definately lagging behind. Flippin heck I though DCC was supposed to be simpler than analogue!

Onwards and Upwards!!!

Cheers

trev :)

Looking forward to more now :senile:

cheers Neil,

Hopefully I can spend a few hours over the weekend trying to rectify the issues Im having with the wiring and progress a bit further.

Good job I'm not in a rush haha!!!  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

How you getting on Trev??

Hi Neil,

Not brilliantly mate in all honesty - I've had a bit of a virus which has made me pretty bad recently. 

Ive not been in the garage for about a week now. 

I might go in for a few hours after work tonight!

Cheers

Hi Trev,

Just been catching up on your thread, the layout is coming on well and you have some great looking stock. I really like the Dutch livery 31s and 37. I used the Hornby buffers from class 31 and 50 on a few of my Bachmann class 37s you can get them as a spare from Peter's Spares.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Trev,

Just been catching up on your thread, the layout is coming on well and you have some great looking stock. I really like the Dutch livery 31s and 37. I used the Hornby buffers from class 31 and 50 on a few of my Bachmann class 37s you can get them as a spare from Peter's Spares.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the kind words, they are very much appreciated.

I had hoped to have trains running by now!

I think i will change the buffers as they are one of the key elements of the look of a loco and i think Bachmann have let themselves down with these items. Theyre generally wonky, misaligned and the shanks are a bit thin.

Cheers for looking!

After feeling really pants for a few weeks now, and having a few goes at rectifying my errors with wiring, I made a serious attempt this afternoon on board 3 which is the board next to the fiddle yard.

I tested sections as I went along and managed to get it working, which gave my mojo a boost!

A few pics from tonights test session:

post-7156-0-09049900-1468790590_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-58639100-1468790615_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-11567500-1468790630_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Very smart looking Dutch 31 :paint: :senile:

Cheers Neil,

Yes its a bit of a whopper. very loud and bassy. (if there's such a word!)

its still not dirty enough for me.......

Hi Peter

Thanks for the kind words, they are very much appreciated.

I had hoped to have trains running by now!

I think i will change the buffers as they are one of the key elements of the look of a loco and i think Bachmann have let themselves down with these items. Theyre generally wonky, misaligned and the shanks are a bit thin.

Cheers for looking!

No worries Trev,

I am sure you will get there, things always take me longer than I would want. 

I noticed you are involved with 33201. It's a super loco I had a few miles behind it back in the day. I had 202 and 111 down at Swanage last time I was over too. One of my mates is part owner of 33111. It was my favourite pusher back in the day so it's good that it's still running.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-25617400-1468836461_thumb.jpg

After feeling really pants for a few weeks now, and having a few goes at rectifying my errors with wiring, I made a serious attempt this afternoon on board 3 which is the board next to the fiddle yard.

I tested sections as I went along and managed to get it working, which gave my mojo a boost!

A few pics from tonights test session:

attachicon.giftesting 1.jpg

attachicon.giftesting 2.jpg

attachicon.giftesting 3.jpg

The ped looks great like the dirty dutch livery mate .

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Its certainly taking me longer than I had anticipated! still, no worry - it gets done when it gets done! Hopefully it will be worth it!

Yes I have been involved with the group for around 5 years now. 201 is at Swanage too, and has been there for just over a year, since we had her bodywork rectified at Bodenrail at Washwood Heath a few years back. We also had the brake rigging sorted and the air systems re-certified and recievers pressure tested.

She is a superb loco and the guys (mostly ex SY and BS drivers) had put a lot of hours into her. 

Heres my little homage to her:.

post-7156-0-77081900-1468843601_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 4

The ped looks great like the dirty dutch livery mate .

Thanks mate very much appreciated.

The ped still looks too shiny - I need to matt that roof down more!

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Its certainly taking me longer than I had anticipated! still, no worry - it gets done when it gets done! Hopefully it will be worth it!

Yes I have been involved with the group for around 5 years now. 201 is at Swanage too, and has been there for just over a year, since we had her bodywork rectified at Bodenrail at Washwood Heath a few years back. We also had the brake rigging sorted and the air systems re-certified and recievers pressure tested.

She is a superb loco and the guys (mostly ex SY and BS drivers) had put a lot of hours into her. 

Heres my little homage to her:.

attachicon.gif33201.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.

Nice model Trev,

I did know it was now at Swanage, I might get a chance for a quick bash when I am over in September.

Cheers Peter.

More lovely loco's there Trev. That 31 does look superb. As for what you mentioned in the earlier post about Kipping on 31's. You're right you could turn the seats round. 37's at no 2 end you could pinch one of the doors off the electrical cubicle and balance it on the edge of the desk and the open door of the compressor governor compartment. Every engine required a different statergy for sleeping on.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Nice model Trev,

I did know it was now at Swanage, I might get a chance for a quick bash when I am over in September.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Shame I wasn't closer to Swanage, i would have shown you around......

Hope you get some solid miles in behind 201 if youre down there! :)

Worthy of note are the black lamp irons on your pic of 201. Loads of Crompton guys have commented they never had them - they were always yellow. 

That disproves that theory!! :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:  :sarcastichand:

Cheers

Trev  :good:

More lovely loco's there Trev. That 31 does look superb. As for what you mentioned in the earlier post about Kipping on 31's. You're right you could turn the seats round. 37's at no 2 end you could pinch one of the doors off the electrical cubicle and balance it on the edge of the desk and the open door of the compressor governor compartment. Every engine required a different statergy for sleeping on.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks chief!

Awesome stuff!  I never knew about the trick with the cubicle doors! brilliant!

Ironic but I had a load of cubicle doors from 37's when doing some component recovery at Booths. (And a lovely Chapman drivers chair from 37719 that was being cut at the time. It was stuck in the mud and I carried it (complete with base) back to the van. (The chair not the loco...... :mosking:)

post-7156-0-90456800-1468909846.jpg

post-7156-0-02186200-1468910107_thumb.jpg

Trev  :good:

Edited by big T
  • Like 1

Having progressed a wee bit further with rewiring of points, I managed to run my first train (Jocko and 3 x PCA's). 

I use my 60 for testing as its a cracking runner and I enjoy the Spirax valve function on the decoder.......

It was flippin' hot in the garage last night!

post-7156-0-85133900-1468910314_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-97301000-1468910326_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-79977800-1468910354_thumb.jpg
Edited by big T
  • Like 8

Nice pictures mate although sad at the same time. You need to put some wheels on the bottom of that Chapman seat and use it as your layout chair. Often wondered whether you could get a EE power controller, remove the gubbins from the bottom and use it as a controller. How cool would that be. I did know some one who was building a mock Peak cab in their garage with one of these huge home cinema screens in front and somehow wiring it up to the computer so he could play his Train Sim game on it. Haven't seen him for ages so don't know if he ever completed it.

• Like 2