This weekend, i think I am going to start my favourite part of the build - the wiring. actually i am being sarcastic and don't really like doing it!

All of the droppers are in, and now I have finished with the PCB sleepers and the soldering, I can now think about flipping the boards over and getting the bus wire in.

A few more photos of recent developments:

Finally a class 40 at the top end of the shunt neck

attachicon.gif40.JPG

Really a good weathering work ! Congratulations, nice and realistic class 40 locomotive.

the track work is looking good pal  :sungum:

Thank you matey much appreciated.

It will look better with more ballast and some colour :yes:  :good:  :good:

Really a good weathering work ! Congratulations, nice and realistic class 40 locomotive.

Thank you very much!! :good:

And now for something completely different!!

SE Finecast 10000 fitted with a Mashima motor:

post-7156-0-00793200-1469482672_thumb.jpg

Stafford Roads' Jubilee 5647 'Sturdee', Portescap fitted..:

post-7156-0-89151900-1469482750_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers Marcus! :)

I think 803 needs re programming as the sound doesn't match the speed! - Its on idle for ages before the governor opens! (personally I think theres a problem with the control air)

Trev :)

That's interesting. I've got exactly the same problem with the lads 37417 which is a standard Bachmann fitted loco. I don't really want to go messing with the CV's in case I mess it up completely for him.

That's interesting. I've got exactly the same problem with the lads 37417 which is a standard Bachmann fitted loco. I don't really want to go messing with the CV's in case I mess it up completely for him.

My knowledge of DCC and programming is less than zilch, so I fully sympathise mate.  Damn thing has to run 10' before it opens up, by that time its shutting off!! :O

• Like 2

Ive change the (speed step) settings on my Bachmann 37417,so it pulls off at the right speed and sound.

Any chance you could let us know how you did it please Neil? As I might have a tinker with mine. Also my older 8 pin 37's seem to have to have the controller quite high before they move off. Is that the same issue. The 21 pins are fine.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Very nice ! Can I ask where you got the blue / silver shed plate I'm having issues getting some in this colour

Hi Rob,

They were on the loco when I brought it mate.  Not sure who's they are?

If I was a betting man, I'd say either fox or Shawplan.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Not done much the last few days as Ive put my back out, however I did manage a quick posed photo of a ped on a few 4 wheelers on newly ballasted track......

post-7156-0-81947100-1469653281_thumb.jpg

cheers

Trev.

Got to get more ballast and concrete trunking.

• Like 5

Typical, Ive now run out of ballast!

A trip to the model shop is in order tomorrow, after going to photograph my mate who is driving the GBRf charter through my neck of the woods.

I did request a pair of ED's but alas this hasn't materialsed!! 

A couple of shots of recent test runs checking that I havent clogged up the pointwork with ballast and everything still works....

post-7156-0-19478800-1469793853_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-66995100-1469793869_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-08029000-1469793921_thumb.jpg

I have had some fantastic scratchbuilt bufferstops land, courtesy of my good friend Dan Lawrence which will get fitted this weekend. thanks matey they look the business. Pics to follow.

Cheers!

• Like 5

wagons are looking the business mate! must crack on with mine!

Thanks mate, I have a lot, some I have altered and some that are still in the boxes.

I have wagons Ive forgotten that Ive brought! Last week I found a box of 12 EWS BYA 'Nissen Huts'...doh!

Ive also got a few Cambrian Borails and Salmons Ive got to cobble together but its finding the time.

Cheers

• Like 2

Ive had a few hours tonight taking the paint of the top of the rails.

For this I have been using a steel rule, gently scraping in a linear motion, finishing off with a track rubber and a quick wipe with track magic fluid.

I then hoover out between check rails and frogs to ensure there is no debris left over.

Plus the ballast that I glued last night is nicely dry as follows:

post-7156-0-35085800-1469832921_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-62918200-1469832939_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-87895300-1469832962_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-84991600-1469833017_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-78102600-1469833032_thumb.jpg

A dry run of my new bufferstop:

post-7156-0-22657500-1469833066_thumb.jpg

I have also ordered a Noch grassmaster today courtesy of Neil Mason. Top job thanks Neil!

Cheers

• Like 7

Nearly forgot that I took consignment of this cheeky number too:

post-7156-0-74315900-1469833701_thumb.jpg

Oh and Ive just ordered 20' worth of concrete ducting from Justin at Model Rail Scenery. Great value.

post-7156-0-80738300-1469834002_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Great layout. I enjoyed reading the last few pages of progress.

37104 looks a beauty. I have been considering commissioning this in N gauge for some time and will most probably go for it at some point. I always liked the RF General sector markings and already have a weathered 86/5 in this livery.

Great layout. I enjoyed reading the last few pages of progress.

37104 looks a beauty. I have been considering commissioning this in N gauge for some time and will most probably go for it at some point. I always liked the RF General sector markings and already have a weathered 86/5 in this livery.

Thank you!

Yes 104 is a good looking loco. She's not one of mine, I bought her off a mate earlier in the week. I also like the general sector, and always fancied a model of 104 as I never saw her in reality.

Cheers

Looking really good Trev. The "greenery" between the lines look great. What did you use?

Cheers

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your comments. The green bits are the only bit left from the original layout. Looking at them they are scatter material and flock.

Cheers for looking