It's looking good Trev will you be out on the exhibition circuit with this one ?

Cheers

Colin

Hiya Col!

Thanks mate - TBH I think I might try and do a few shows - I like the buzz!

Hope you and your family are well :) - we will have to get together for a catch up.

• Like 1

nice looking layout , reminds me of Tees yard WRD.Try looking it up on Google images for some ideas for detail around the depot .

Thank you!

Ive just had a look on Flickr and you are right, the corrugated style is very similar. Its a pity I didn't have a wider building as Gordon A quite rightly observed.

I think I will be using the WRD area at Tees for reference, many thanks :)

Cheers

Trev

• Like 1

Wow that looks awesome, love the 37 pic's.

Look forward to seeing your next update

Cheers Porkie much appreciated.

Ive got that much stuff Ive forgotten what Ive got! i found the coaches and the Loadhaul 37 and thought that its too much of an opportunity to waste!

Thanks

Trev :)

Realy like the look of this!! and all your "37"s too..

im following now..

cheers neil.

Hi Neil

Cheers for commenting. hopefully if I pull my finger out and start the dreaded wiring it will look a bit better and my posts won't just be static locos :)

Nice one!

• Like 1

Hi Trev

this looks like its going to be a great little layout. Very impressed with your weathering skills. Especially love the 37's. Shall be following along now with interest.

Cheers

Marcus. 

Thanks very much Marcus!

Glad you are following, hopefully the layout will be as good as yours one day!

I noticed that you were on the 50's last week - where did you take them from? - Reason I ask is my mate conducted from WWH to Banbury - you may have met him :)

Cheers

Trev

Typical me doing things randomly. I was bored, and my soldering iron has decided to go on the fritz, so I got the airbrush out and painted the up and down lines. They looked a bit bare where I had removed the old ballast so I thought I'd try some small scale ballasting.

Here is the result of an hours work:

post-7156-0-31568800-1466114537_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-95511100-1466114609_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-78404300-1466114649_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-84446700-1466114706_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-26261200-1466114737_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-29422000-1466114757_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-67276400-1466114775_thumb.jpg

Hope you like!

Cheers

• Like 7

Thanks very much Marcus!

Glad you are following, hopefully the layout will be as good as yours one day!

I noticed that you were on the 50's last week - where did you take them from? - Reason I ask is my mate conducted from WWH to Banbury - you may have met him :)

Cheers

Trev

Hello Trev

That's ML. Yes I know him very well, he's one of my fellow drivers in the West Mids. Yep he did the morning portion. Of course he lives in Tamworth. Should've put two and two together.

I was supposed to just go back to Washwood Heath from Banbury but, In the end I ended up taking it back through to Derby with the 66 as they never rostered a passenger competent driver to the turn. Good fun though.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hello Trev

That's ML. Yes I know him very well, he's one of my fellow drivers in the West Mids. Yep he did the morning portion. Of course he lives in Tamworth. Should've put two and two together.

I was supposed to just go back to Washwood Heath from Banbury but, In the end I ended up taking it back through to Derby with the 66 as they never rostered a passenger competent driver to the turn. Good fun though.

Cheers

Marcus

Yeah hes a top lad! Ive done a few display models for him - mainly LLB 37's. Edited by big T

Hi Trev

Looking good mate, love the Dutch 33!

Simon

Hi Si,

Thanks matey :)

It was a cheap buy, had a few things missing, but I diddled about with it as you do!

How's your new layout coming along? done much to it?

Not yet mate, got new central heating going in next month, in the planning stages to make it a roundy roundy. Filling in the time by doing a few triple grey Transrail locos!

Simon

Fair do's mate.

When I saw it a year or so back, I thought that it would benefit from being made a complete circuit. Shouldn't take that much I'd have thought?

Having messed about with the ballasting a little bit more on Friday night, these are the results.

I'm aiming for a light brown sleeper colour with a slightly darker tone for the actual rail.

I'm not a big fan of very dark grey ballast and bright orange rails.

post-7156-0-03416100-1466425809.jpg

Just for fun I put a Loadhaul tractor and a shark over the fresh ballast.

post-7156-0-74286900-1466425844_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I spent a few hours in the garage last night and did some more ballasting.  I don't want to go too far with ballasting, because when it comes to wiring, I'm going to do it section by section. If there's a fault I don't want to be ripping up ballasted track.

I have been using the tried and tested PVA/H20/washing-up liquid mix, applied with a pippette gently and between sleepers. Unfortunately it has become apparent  that as the first section of track I have ballasted is drying, it appears to have taken on a dark grey shade with hints of green and blue. 

This isn't what I wanted initially, however it doesn't really phase me as I will airbrush over it to replicate that lovely shade of orangey brown borne of brake dust, water, oil, and general crud that accrues over time.

Here's a ballast train sitting in platform one headed by 37114 and 37698, both of which have recently been noted as working 6G36 Bescot - Birch Coppice (before the introduction of 67's):

post-7156-0-98819600-1466664676_thumb.jpg

I can't really go much further at the moment, until I invest in a new soldering iron. (I dropped my old one and its smelling odd when plugged in!)

(Any suggestions on a decent iron that doesn't cost the earth please?) :)

Thanks for looking

Trev 

Edited by big T
  • Like 2

I spent a few hours in the garage last night and did some more ballasting. I don't want to go too far with ballasting, because when it comes to wiring, I'm going to do it section by section. If there's a fault I don't want to be ripping up ballasted track.

I have been using the tried and tested PVA/H20/washing-up liquid mix, applied with a pippette gently and between sleepers. Unfortunately it has become apparent that as the first section of track I have ballasted is drying, it appears to have taken on a dark grey shade with hints of green and blue.

This isn't what I wanted initially, however it doesn't really phase me as I will airbrush over it to replicate that lovely shade of orangey brown borne of brake dust, water, oil, and general crud that accrues over time.

Here's a ballast train sitting in platform one headed by 37114 and 37698, both of which have recently been noted as working 6G36 Bescot - Birch Coppice (before the introduction of 67's):

attachicon.gif37114 698.jpg

I can't really go much further at the moment, until I invest in a new soldering iron. (I dropped my old one and its smelling odd when plugged in!)

(Any suggestions on a decent iron that doesn't cost the earth please?) :)

Thanks for looking

Trev

Hi Trev

The Anntex soldering irons from Maplins are pretty good and don't cost the earth. They do a decent range depending on your requirements.

Linky here http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?text=Mains+Soldering+Irons

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Marcus 37