RMweb

Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Hi Rich, I was mightily impressed with the volume sound on the 25, no distortion whatsoever, not that I would have it at the volume Jinty cranked it up to just to test the volume control.

I am going to tackle my 33 soon, of which I have a Zimo to fit, I will put some pictures up when I get round to it.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Craig,

That would be great. First DCC loco my mate has had, so he's approaching it with interest/in trepidation! I'll put him in touch with Jinty for speakers.

Andy - yes it is a blue one!!

Rich

• Like 1

A nice visit to the Pontefract show today to meet Chris and Dale with "Craster" and to deliver a couple of completed items.

Picked 'Stairfoot J'tn' up on the way, great to meet you Brian ;)

Came away with a few more little jobs and a couple of bits for myself.

The bits for myself were:

Firstly a Dapol 08 in un-numbered green livery with stripes.

Not sure of the number for this one, I need a South Wales based one with the exhauster boxes as per the Dapol model. I intend to repaint the roof green and fit a proper sized vacuum pipe, and obviously Paul Chetter's Protodrive sound.

This loco WILL work on Talyllyn as a trip working loco.

post-14906-0-29003200-1485719683_thumb.jpg

The other aquisition is this Heljan class 31, which is to be modified into a later 'refurbished' unit with the available etches, etc and finished in Railfreight /grey with full yellow ends as per this link:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_harvey_railway_photos/9107278600/in/photolist-eSMbCQ-jLAV3T-jrN71r-bpgUGq-kxNHip-pRHn9V-a5Mwzb-fuizvo-moDcvx-bzVcha-dYoXxu-roEmsM-rnNxBu-bBs3fQ-apVmxH-9fMnFa-9f5rTH-r5sVDK-ns2RnQ-bCHkL6-qrMTMQ-roMo7t-brAcgE-9Wbrp2-6tJ662-9Wc7rT-aGn5cM-hvTucb-mUGp9Y-7xMZhQ-5nRF49-pitLEk-roMpt6-bBhmpk-ifSMwC-p3aQkd-ecEBz4-jrswBj-h9agXG-9WbfGz-qrMTzA-Dq6PQL-6SNPX1-piuZpq-gQa9Q3-nYjkJq-qUPbrj-9Wcf7T-rq4dbq-mm4Me5

post-14906-0-28910700-1485719692_thumb.jpg

I've got another Cargowaggon and another couple of GUV's to weather as well as some other bits and pieces to be getting on with, which includes a couple of 03's and a J71 thingamygig!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Great to meet you and your family jinty ,thanks for the lift I had a great time ,the 25 look's better in the flesh

Great to meet Chris, dale and see crastor a nice layout and had a good natter with them aswell

Good show all round

Got to say 0 gauge locos look awesome up close lol

And yes I have managed to resist turning to the dark side lol ( just lol )

Brian

You know you want to.

• RMweb Gold

A nice visit to the Pontefract show today to meet Chris and Dale with "Craster" and to deliver a couple of completed items.

Picked 'Stairfoot J'tn' up on the way, great to meet you Brian ;)

Came away with a few more little jobs and a couple of bits for myself.

The bits for myself were:

Firstly a Dapol 08 in un-numbered green livery with stripes.

Not sure of the number for this one, I need a South Wales based one with the exhauster boxes as per the Dapol model. I intend to repaint the roof green and fit a proper sized vacuum pipe, and obviously Paul Chetter's Protodrive sound.

This loco WILL work on Talyllyn as a trip working loco.

attachicon.gifWB 086.jpg

The other aquisition is this Heljan class 31, which is to be modified into a later 'refurbished' unit with the available etches, etc and finished in Railfreight /grey with full yellow ends as per this link:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_harvey_railway_photos/9107278600/in/photolist-eSMbCQ-jLAV3T-jrN71r-bpgUGq-kxNHip-pRHn9V-a5Mwzb-fuizvo-moDcvx-bzVcha-dYoXxu-roEmsM-rnNxBu-bBs3fQ-apVmxH-9fMnFa-9f5rTH-r5sVDK-ns2RnQ-bCHkL6-qrMTMQ-roMo7t-brAcgE-9Wbrp2-6tJ662-9Wc7rT-aGn5cM-hvTucb-mUGp9Y-7xMZhQ-5nRF49-pitLEk-roMpt6-bBhmpk-ifSMwC-p3aQkd-ecEBz4-jrswBj-h9agXG-9WbfGz-qrMTzA-Dq6PQL-6SNPX1-piuZpq-gQa9Q3-nYjkJq-qUPbrj-9Wcf7T-rq4dbq-mm4Me5

attachicon.gifWB 085.jpg

I've got another Cargowaggon and another couple of GUV's to weather as well as some other bits and pieces to be getting on with, which includes a couple of 03's and a J71 thingamygig!!!

Jinty ;)

That 31 looks very nice can't believe your painting over a perfectly good livery though :(

Looking forward to the Jinty magic :D

Great work load ahead David, and I'm looking forward to seeing the 31 in Railfreight, it's best ever Livery in my humble opinion mate. With all these jobs, and my 26 to Sound fit, will Talyllyn ever get finished? hahah :no:

A great weekend was had at the Normaton & Pontefract RMS Model Railway Exhibition and was topped off by a visit from Jinty & Brian (Stairfoot Jct).

Jinty brought back my J27 'Thingamygig' and here's a few photo's of it in it's natural environment on 'Craster' fresh from it's Welsh adventure -

post-3910-0-38840500-1485725820.jpg

post-3910-0-26119900-1485725830.jpg

post-3910-0-35156900-1485725845_thumb.jpg

Watch out for further North Eastern delights on Jint's WB.

Regards

Chris

• Like 13

A great weekend was had at the Normaton & Pontefract RMS Model Railway Exhibition and was topped off by a visit from Jinty & Brian (Stairfoot Jct).

Jinty brought back my J27 'Thingamygig' and here's a few photo's of it in it's natural environment on 'Craster' fresh from it's Welsh adventure -

attachicon.gifCraster 1.jpg

attachicon.gifCraster 2.jpg

attachicon.gifCraster 3.jpg

Regards

Chris

Looks good in it's natural environment Chris, some superb weathering on the thingamygig too.

• Like 1

Great to speak to you chris.really enjoyed the day

since admiring your lovley signals im now looking at servos and megapoint controllers lol

Brian

It was good to meet you Brian. If you hang around on this thread the lure of O Gauge will get you!!!!

Semaphores with servos from megapoints are the dog's especially if Jon Fitness has built them.

Regards

Chris

Great work load ahead David, and I'm looking forward to seeing the 31 in Railfreight, it's best ever Livery in my humble opinion mate. With all these jobs, and my 26 to Sound fit, will Talyllyn ever get finished? hahah :no:

Yes Andy, one of my personal favourite liveries for the 31, as well as plain BR blue.

The 31 will be going back into its box for the time being, at least until the 37 has been finished. Nothing stopping me amassing the parts required for the conversion though.

That 31 looks very nice can't believe your painting over a perfectly good livery though :(

Looking forward to the Jinty magic :D

Thanks Paul, 

yes but I'll be giving it a better look and livery!!!!!

attachicon.gifCraster 1.jpg

attachicon.gifCraster 2.jpg

attachicon.gifCraster 3.jpg

Regards

Chris

It was great meeting you two again, Craster is such an impressive layout, that requires plenty of movements, and it certainly entertains.

All in all, a great day had by all us here, would certainly recommend the Pontefract show as giving a wide variety of layouts and traders and a warm welcome in a spacious venue!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jinty,

Looking good - I was hoping a last minute change might have let me get over to Pontefract and say hi to you and Chris, but alas not to be. Sounds like you had a good time - nice move on the 31, and pleased its going into a decent livery  :onthequiet:

Shall be following along :)

Rich

How is it that once you have seen the light everyone says you've joined the dark side?

Any illuminating thoughts?

A week on I still haven't recovered from a dizzy day at Bristol, having just unloaded all my goodies I now have to get to work.  One disappointment was to find a loose buffer in the Dapol wagon box and no spring.  It does put me off buying RTR.  On the other hand the BR 20 ton brake van kit from Jim McGeown looks like (as he says) a nice weekend project!  Just which weekend I am not yet sure, too many other projects on the go.

• Like 3

How is it that once you have seen the light everyone says you've joined the dark side?

Any illuminating thoughts?

A week on I still haven't recovered from a dizzy day at Bristol, having just unloaded all my goodies I now have to get to work.  One disappointment was to find a loose buffer in the Dapol wagon box and no spring.  It does put me off buying RTR.  On the other hand the BR 20 ton brake van kit from Jim McGeown looks like (as he says) a nice weekend project!  Just which weekend I am not yet sure, too many other projects on the go.

Everyone blames me for all this turning to the dark side, I say that the force is already in them and just needs bringing out.

Seriously though, all this RTR has done wonders for it all, especially the Dapol 08 and their new wagons. 

As for the Jim McGowan 20T brakevan, I've got one of those to build. I did his WR Toad brakevan not long ago and that makes up into a lovely model, which goes together well and is a joy to build.

I'll be watching your 20T build ready for mine.

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Hi Jinty, Really looking forward to the re-paint on the 31...

It'll be a little while yet George, class 37 to finish first, and another few little projects.

But I've got to say I am looking forward to making a start on the 31.

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

31 will look great in triple grey, have you seen DJH are doing a full 37/4 conversion for the Heljan 37.

Hi Steve,

It isn't going into TTG livery, just the Railfreight grey with full yellow ends.

Yes DJH are doing the 37/4 conversion kit which will make things easier.

Jinty ;)

The class 37 bufferbeam has been on hold as I needed to source some decent buffers.

I'd bought the JLTRT detailing kit, but the buffers were slightly out of true, as in once put together, the oval didn't sit square with the buffer backplate. It would of meant that I'd of had to of cut the oval buffer off and then soldered it back on in the square position.

I then ordered some white metal buffers from another supplier, but these would of needed to be made non rotating.

In the end I've used Markits BR Oval buffers and made up the little tread plates with some thin nickel silver chequer plate and soldered it on. These buffers are expensive, but they are perfectly square and spring nicely.

I've soldered the buffers to the buffer beam, and in getting one buffer true, one is still slightly out. This is because the plastic that the brass buffer beam attaches to is slightly out, so will need the bufferbeam attacked with a file to get it sitting right.

Here is a picture of the buffers in place.

post-14906-0-68465200-1486150987_thumb.jpg

More over the weekend, where a Royal Mail GUV will be getting a makeover................................... ;)

Jinty ;)

• Like 10